Full Backs

An area that needs improving despite Fox and Palmer being much improved recently.

Thought that Luton’s left back for Luton (Justin James) was outstanding, strong in defence and great going forward and only 20.....get him signed up!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Palmer was free on numerous occasions, and I’m starting to think the players aren’t picking him out on purpose because he’s got absolutely no end product 

I've noticed the same thing with fox also.

Neither are good enough (to state the bleedin obvious).

Hope brucie will be aware of this & will ditch both of em. 

Today highlighted our weaknesses at fullback, not that either Fox or Palmer were any worse than anyone else in our side, I’d probably say Fox was one of our better performers. Luton played a diamond formation so naturally the free players on our side are the fullbacks, it was up to them to be the attacking outlet as they had yards of free space in front of them to run into. Fox and Palmer are never in a million years going to play that role effectively. Both fullbacks did get high up the pitch but produced very little in terms of end product. I wonder if Penney would have been a better bet today? 

Luton’s left back: Does he usually play there or is he normally a right back as he looked right footed? Looked to have a bit of something about him and was pretty quick.

20 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Did anyone see the outlet Fox became and the quality he regularly put into the box?

Palmer got into good positions again but his decision making won't allow him to reach the next level. 

New RB first. Fox has earned time.

Yes if we are only looking at 3 players then it would be right back that’s needed not left back. We have Fox, Penney and Pudil who can play there, and Thorniley too. Personally I would sign a RB, DM, RW