5 hours ago, The Captain said:

Oh god, let’s not turn this into another ticket price debate FFS.

Tickets were overpriced IMO given the various factors I’ve outlined (and many more that I could have mentioned).

My post was meant as a compliment to our fans.

You don’t want a ticket price debate but mention they were overpriced. FFS

How much should it have been in your weird little world? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Unfortunately, Matt, whilst I agree that prices don't dictate the crowds, I don't think it's entirely opposition and results. Take today's opposition. Luton may be , to us, a small club, but their current results are far from poor. They are currently the second highest scoring club in the Football League, and as such  should provide decent opposition. I think the reason is far more obvious. The Kick Off Time! Many fans wold be working at or close to the KO time, and this is also shown in attendances at mid-week evening K.O's 

11 hours ago, Flying V said:

Hope I can get a ticket for Luton, I've not been before.

Full allocation for cup games is 1,500, only get half this for league games. 

Remember last time we played there and were only a few turnstiles, some right queues and we missed first 10 mins. 

13 hours ago, Flying V said:

I wouldn't bother mate, it's an absolute shithole.  Makes Rotherham look like Las Vegas.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Such a weird little ground. You walk through somebody's back garden to get to the away end. I'm not going, I was there in about 1992 (Sheridan flick up and volley game) and vowed never to return to the place. 

13 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

It's strange isn't it.  circa 13k Wednesday fans there at £12 a ticket.  I know money is tight these days but that suggests to me that there are a good number of season ticket holders that didn't turn up and even fewer casuals.  

I've said it a million times before that prices don't dictate the crowds we get, it's all about the opposition and results.  If we're doing well, we could charge whatever we wanted and get good crowds.  If we're playing badly then £1 a ticket would be too much for some.

Suggests to me circa 7k minimum didn't show , which suggests it wasn't an attractive game same as most other ties ,unfortunately the FA cup has been dying for years hence low crowds and cheap entrance up and down the country

Using your logic the club may aswell have charged full whack and made more money because the same amount of people would turn up

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Such a weird little ground. You walk through somebody's back garden to get to the away end. I'm not going, I was there in about 1992 (Sheridan flick up and volley game) and vowed never to return to the place. 

I went to the 3-0 Curran game ,I was on the end all the goals were scored and couldn't  see one go in due to fencing and strange mesh tunnels for segregation 

Horrible little place  , as for as the intimidating bit that's been mentioned..

...........yeah right !!

20 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Last time that I saw Wednesday at Luton McCulloch, Megson and Bannister scored in a 3-0 win... Terry Curren played so well that Big Jack was putting his name forward for an England call up ! 

Fanflippintastic 

I remember that - 1980 (ish?) Eric Morecambe on the pitch at the start. Didn't we win the first 4 games??

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

The away end is now half of that section. I have relatives in Luton so I sometimes go and see them when I'm down there. I have to get seats on the back row of the main stand and stand up all the way through as there's absolutely no room for your legs if you try and sit down!!

16 hours ago, Flying V said:

Then you are in for quite a surprise lol

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I wouldn't bother mate, it's an absolute shithole.  Makes Rotherham look like Las Vegas.

Rotherham looks like New York to me.

Luton can't expand the ground because its hemmed in by terraced houses.  They've been planning a move for years.  But, like Grimsby, they dropped out of the league.  

1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

I remember that - 1980 (ish?) Eric Morecambe on the pitch at the start. Didn't we win the first 4 games??

We certainly did. Luton and us had just won our  first three and the match of the day cameras were there.

Lost at Home to Wrexham 3-0 on our next outing !!

4 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Rotherham looks like New York to me.

Luton can't expand the ground because its hemmed in by terraced houses.  They've been planning a move for years.  But, like Grimsby, they dropped out of the league.  

The town mate, not the ground.

7 hours ago, the monk said:

Suggests to me circa 7k minimum didn't show , which suggests it wasn't an attractive game same as most other ties ,unfortunately the FA cup has been dying for years hence low crowds and cheap entrance up and down the country

Using your logic the club may aswell have charged full whack and made more money because the same amount of people would turn up

There aren't low crowds up and down the country it's pretty much only the championship clubs that suffer low crowds in the FA cup. 

Better than the 9k at the sty 

7 hours ago, alanharper said:

19th October 1991, I was in the home end (Luton fan friend of mine got me a home pass), sat directly behind the goal and as it flew in I couldn't control myself, I was up (it was about 4.55 on the big clock at that end, in the days when games finished at 4.45pm at the latest!).

Mate of mine (watching highlights) said when it went in about 4 people in the home end jumped up :biggrin:

21 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

I've said it a million times before that prices don't dictate the crowds we get, it's all about the opposition and results.  If we're doing well, we could charge whatever we wanted and get good crowds.  If we're playing badly then £1 a ticket would be too much for some.

Surely its a combination of prices, form, opposition and kick off time that dictate crowd sizes.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

It's strange isn't it.  circa 13k Wednesday fans there at £12 a ticket.  I know money is tight these days but that suggests to me that there are a good number of season ticket holders that didn't turn up and even fewer casuals.  

There was no way I wasn't going to this game - me and son are both season ticket holders.    Also took my dad who can't go regularly now due to his age but has had 70 odd years of attending almost 100% and my mum who probably didn't want to be there - also my nephew who is a blade who went to the lane today but we get on so he comes with me to Hillsborough when he can too.

It was cheaper yes, but that wasn't my commitment, i just wanted to go and was happy my family did too.    Nephew's ticket was £5 I think, my son's was £3 as he's only 6 and my parents were £10 each as they are old.   

Just a shame the game didn't go how we wanted.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Surely its a combination of prices, form, opposition and kick off time that dictate crowd sizes.

Obviously yes, but I'd say that in a sample size as big as our fan base that we've clearly got a hierarchy of factors that IMO are as follows:

1) Form

2) Opposition

3) Price

4) Other factors

I'd say that form probably outweighs the other 3 put together.