Man of the match & ratings -Luton fa cup (h)

Man of the match  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Wednesdays best player

• Dawson
    • Palmer
    • Fox
    • Hutchinson
    • Lees
    • Hector
    • Boyd
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Reach
    • Matias
    • Pelupessy
    • Winnall
    • Nuhiu

No one came out with great credit,very poor all round.

Would give everyone bar fox and Fletch a five and those 2 a six.

The slating of Joey is laughable,can anyone slating him please let me know how he was worse than;

Bannan- Loads of effort,distribution pathetic.please learn to be a team player again.

Hector - Been a rock but as someone posted was he pissed today?

Reach - Our best player for 2 years but not at it all for 80 mins today.

And the new management team taking Mattias and Fletcher of?

Ah well bad day all round,never sitting in that South Stand again,

Edited by wiltonowl
Swear word

6 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Dawson - 6 nothing to do.

Palmer - 4

Lees - 7 thankfully didn't put a foot wrong.

Hector - 3 looked pissed up.

Fox - 5 poor crossing otherwise ok again.

Boyd - 5 worked hard, poor touches.

Bannan - 6 offered little

Pelupessy - 1 pointless.

Reach - 7 best player in a  poor game.

Matias - 4 would expect more

Fletcher - 6 should have scored after 2 mins, would have been easy from there.

Nuhiu - 2 did nothing.

Winnall - 4 ran about a bit.

Don't think you were at the same match as me. Hector played a couple of passes short which almost cost us but was class. Reach meanwhile was a patch on his normal self and couldn't stay on his feet

19 minutes ago, S Cops Owl said:

Don't think you were at the same match as me. Hector played a couple of passes short which almost cost us but was class. Reach meanwhile was a patch on his normal self and couldn't stay on his feet

I watched it on telly and Hector got skinned a number of times and was lazy in terms of positioning and passing. Wasn't on form at all today. He'd have cost us the game against a good team today.

Guest gizowl
15 minutes ago, S Cops Owl said:

Agree with you on this Hector and Fox were the best of the back four today, and they did try to drive us forward, occasionally they did give possession away but at least they were positive, Lees and Palmer however zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

38 minutes ago, wiltonowl said:

No one came out with great credit,very poor all round.

Would give everyone bar fox and Fletch a five and those 2 a six.

The slating of Joey is laughable,can anyone slating him please let me know how he was worse than;

Bannan- Loads of effort,distribution pathetic.please learn to be a team player again.

Hector - Been a rock but as someone posted was he pissed today?

Reach - Our best player for 2 years but not at it all for 80 mins today.

And the new management team taking Mattias and Fletcher of?

Ah well bad day all round,never sitting in that South Stand again,

It's not necessarily what Joey does that's the problem, it's just what he doesn't do. Such as head the ball, tackle, stay the right side of his man, pass the ball forward, show any forward motion or drive us forward at any time ever.

I've only just got home, so I be a little tired and emotional, but I agree a pretty poor performance overall. Player's that have been performing didn't, and it looked a bit like the last Friday at work before Christmas.

In hindsight probably was a day for a few changes, but given I was dead chuffed when I saw a strong line up as I would love a good cup run, I can't really moan. So coaches and squad still getting to know each other, but good that the player's were up for it even if it did turn out to be a game too far.

But we are still in it, and given how we have shaped up for the last few matches, we now must have some player's chomping at the bit to make an impression that haven't featured recently. Wasn't a great day, but not one to be losing my poo over. Seen some  ott responses, but as we left the ground today daughter 1 said 'I bet it'll be carnage on twitter and Owlstalk tonight, be some reyt poo the beds'.

I picked Fox, as there were no stand outs and the lads been working hard of late and I didn't think he was worse than anyone else today.

Onwards and forwards, UTO's!

Edited by Anus
Few sherbet's and lost me track a little.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

I watched it on telly and Hector got skinned a number of times and was lazy in terms of positioning and passing. Wasn't on form at all today. He'd have cost us the game against a good team today.

I’m not convinced that it’s possible to get a real appreciation for the game when you’re watching on TV. Hector attacked the space in front of him at times and played some excellent passes. He marshalled the defence and got in some good tackles including a couple of time where he nicked the ball at close quarters.  Hector was guilty of a bit of sloppy play with a couple of underweight passes; but so was Bannan if we’re honest and Bannan is arguably the best player in the club. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

It's not necessarily what Joey does that's the problem, it's just what he doesn't do. Such as head the ball, tackle, stay the right side of his man, pass the ball forward, show any forward motion or drive us forward at any time ever.

Against West Brom when he had Hutch in the dm role and he played in the cm role next to Bannan in a three man midfield that's what Pelupessy is all about. 

He can't be the dm in a three man midfield with Reach and Bannan needs a destroyer with him.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Against West Brom when he had Hutch in the dm role and he played in the cm role next to Bannan in a three man midfield that's what Pelupessy is all about. 

He can't be the dm in a three man midfield with Reach and Bannan needs a destroyer with him.

You’ve said it there. Hutch can do his thing next to bannan, Joey can’t. He’s nowhere near good enough 

3 hours ago, shandypants said:

I’m not convinced that it’s possible to get a real appreciation for the game when you’re watching on TV. Hector attacked the space in front of him at times and played some excellent passes. He marshalled the defence and got in some good tackles including a couple of time where he nicked the ball at close quarters.  Hector was guilty of a bit of sloppy play with a couple of underweight passes; but so was Bannan if we’re honest and Bannan is arguably the best player in the club. 

Not being rude, but I disagree. I’ve been to over three hundred live games and am now limited to watching on TV ( live in the US). Alcohol removed you see more of the movement at a live game, but on TV you you pick up more of the detail. For example, Hector let Hilton nip in and steel the ball very easily today because he was lazy. If I’d been in the North with my Dad and Brother I’d not have seen that. 

For the the record I thought Bannan was poor today. 

No-one deserved more than a 5, bang average performance. Man of the Match should roll over like the lottery as there wasn't a single player worth giving it to. 

7 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

You’ve said it there. Hutch can do his thing next to bannan, Joey can’t. He’s nowhere near good enough 

Not at the dm role he gets put in no. But in a three with Hutchinson and Bannan he was probably the best player on the pitch second half against West Brom. When Jones came on for Hutchinson. that meant Pelupessy went back to the Dm role again and he wasn't as effective there.

Bruce plays a three man midfield. Pelupessy will be one of them.

Fox for me. Thought up till the last couple of crosses his final ball was  decent.

in fact on a regular basis I’d say his final ball is probably the best we have from the wing. 

In the first half alone he should have got an assist, but Boyd completely missed the ball (was funny to watch mind)

13 hours ago, NYowl said:

Not a good performance but it was a potential banana skin today and at least we didn't lose.

I bet Luton really fancied their chances and a month ago I think they would have turned us over quite comfortably.

Dawson.  6.   Didn't have much to do, a clean sheet will do him good.

Fox.         6.   I thought he competed well, I think his delivery into the box is decent at times. But we need better if we are to progress

Lees.       7.    A solid centre back performance.

Hector.     5   Looks good on the ball but is making some bad defensive mistakes that he needs to eradicate.

Palmer.     6    Like Fox, competed well, but his crossing is poor,  again we need better to progress.

Hutch.      6.   Reads the game so well, we really missed him when he went off, Bannan then started to drop much deeper.

Bannon.    5.   Always shows up but today was wasteful with too many long balls from deep that were easy meat for Luton.

Reach.       6.    The usual mixed bag, thought he was good first half poor second, looked our most likely goal scorer.

Mattias.      5.   Missed one of our best chances, doesn't like  any physicality which you do get in the championship.

Fletcher.     5.   Had little to work with but was dominated by the big Luton defenders, should have done better with the header.

Boyd.         5.    Yes he has an engine but had little influence on the game.

Subs. 

Joey.          5      A year ago when he arrived he looked like he was a yard behind play, sadly he still does.

Winnall.      4.     Looks off the pace hopefully just due to his injury.

Nuhiu.        5.      Only on for 15 minutes had little influence.

Probably the most balanced assessment in the thread 

I would have given Bannan slightly higher , I agree was not his best game but still created 4 clear chances , more than anyone else on the park .

1 hour ago, ItzzOwl said:

Fox for me. Thought up till the last couple of crosses his final ball was  decent.

in fact on a regular basis I’d say his final ball is probably the best we have from the wing. 

In the first half alone he should have got an assist, but Boyd completely missed the ball (was funny to watch mind)

Agree he wraps his foot around the ball and gets that bit of curve when crossing the ball, rather than floaty easy to defend type crosses.

13 hours ago, shandypants said:

Agree with the telly comment completely.

And the rest is spot on too 

• Thanks 1