Man of the match & ratings -Luton fa cup (h)

Man of the match  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Wednesdays best player

• Dawson
    • Palmer
    • Fox
    • Hutchinson
    • Lees
    • Hector
    • Boyd
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Reach
    • Matias
    • Pelupessy
    • Winnall
    • Nuhiu

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

What game were you watching where Dawson gets a higher score than Fox, Hector and Palmer?

Dawson - 6 nothing to do

Palmer - 6 did what he had to defensively and got forward well but didn't really create enough

Lees - 6 did what he had to defensively but pour distribution 

Hector - 7 apart from a couple of wayward passes he was dominant at the back and started off a couple of offensive moves with strong drives forward.  He brings a level of calmness to the defence.

Fox - 7 did well all round, could do to have a bit more confidence and get right to the byeline before putting in a cross.

Boyd - 6 didn't really get in to the game

Bannan - 5 had his worst game in a while IMO.  His short passing was poor, only rescued by a couple of excellent long passes.

Pelupessy - 5 didn't get in to the game

Reach - 5 his worst performance for a while, looked a bit leggy.  Haven't seen him put so many wayward passes in for a long time.

Matias - 5 Anonymous for large parts of the game.

Fletcher - 6 had little service but worked as hard as usual.  Could have possibly had a goal but not bad.

Winnall - 5 Looked a bit aimless when he came on.

Nuhiu - no score - didn't get long enough to judge.

I guess I was watching the same one as the commentators who were commenting that Hector was having a shocker. 

31 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

How is anyone giving Palmer less than Fox? I just don't understand what people watch sometimes. 

Boyd was completely anonymous second half. Fletcher got no change out of a seemingly competent back four. 

One of those games. If the opposites have made a mandate to sit on our most creative player (and for the first ~60 mins they did that well) then were always going to struggle as we have very little creativity. If Matias stops trying to take the keepers head off and buries one of his chances its a different game when they have to play more expansive football.

I thought Palmer was better than Fox aswell. Neither outstanding but thought his final ball was better.

7 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

I thought Palmer was better than Fox aswell. Neither outstanding but thought his final ball was better.

The couple of times he got wide and to the by line were some of our best attacking moves. I've been impressed with palmer recently. He's clearly working on his forward game... I enjoyed his attempt to get past their full back in first half. More the better. So it doesn't go.. it doesn't matter, you've put the fear in the full back that you will go at him. That in itself is key to ensuring the fullback doesn't foray too far forward. 

4 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Dawson - 6 nothing to do.

Palmer - 4

Lees - 7 thankfully didn't put a foot wrong.

Hector - 3 looked pissed up.

Fox - 5 poor crossing otherwise ok again.

Boyd - 5 worked hard, poor touches.

Bannan - 6 offered little

Pelupessy - 1 pointless.

Reach - 7 best player in a  poor game.

Matias - 4 would expect more

Fletcher - 6 should have scored after 2 mins, would have been easy from there.

Nuhiu - 2 did nothing.

Winnall - 4 ran about a bit.

You’re right about Joey, and I would definitely define him as a ‘pointless footballer’

To be a good defensive midfielder you need to win your 50/50s and be generally good at breaking up play 

In his time here I’ve probably seen him win two 50/50s, he’s a yard behind his man every single time and ends up taking him out 

He couldn’t even compete with Luton today.

If the manager just wants someone to play sideways balls and be utterly useless at everything else then he’s got 20,000 fans in the stand who could do that job, for a fraction of the wage or even for free

Big calves or not 

51 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You’re right about Joey, and I would definitely define him as a ‘pointless footballer’

To be a good defensive midfielder you need to win your 50/50s and be generally good at breaking up play 

In his time here I’ve probably seen him win two 50/50s, he’s a yard behind his man every single time and ends up taking him out 

He couldn’t even compete with Luton today.

If the manager just wants someone to play sideways balls and be utterly useless at everything else then he’s got 20,000 fans in the stand who could do that job, for a fraction of the wage or even for free

Big calves or not 

What a load of shiite 

4 hours ago, hugeowl said:

What did Palmer do to merit a 4 ? 

Pelupessey 1 WTF  ? I am not his biggest fan but he did ok when he came on apart from the 2 shots 

Also apart from a few touches Reach was awful , playing as though he was off .

It's rare we agree, but got to agree with it. I'm wondering if I watched a different game to everyone else.

Apparently Joey was the worst player on the pitch and Reach was one of the better ones? Joey was very middle-of-the-road in comparison to the rest of the squad today, and Reach had a decent first half but atrocious second. Majority of ratings are done based on preconceived perceptions and not what happened over the 90 minutes, that's for sure. 

Not a good performance but it was a potential banana skin today and at least we didn't lose.

I bet Luton really fancied their chances and a month ago I think they would have turned us over quite comfortably.

Dawson.  6.   Didn't have much to do, a clean sheet will do him good.

Fox.         6.   I thought he competed well, I think his delivery into the box is decent at times. But we need better if we are to progress

Lees.       7.    A solid centre back performance.

Hector.     5   Looks good on the ball but is making some bad defensive mistakes that he needs to eradicate.

Palmer.     6    Like Fox, competed well, but his crossing is poor,  again we need better to progress.

Hutch.      6.   Reads the game so well, we really missed him when he went off, Bannan then started to drop much deeper.

Bannon.    5.   Always shows up but today was wasteful with too many long balls from deep that were easy meat for Luton.

Reach.       6.    The usual mixed bag, thought he was good first half poor second, looked our most likely goal scorer.

Mattias.      5.   Missed one of our best chances, doesn't like  any physicality which you do get in the championship.

Fletcher.     5.   Had little to work with but was dominated by the big Luton defenders, should have done better with the header.

Boyd.         5.    Yes he has an engine but had little influence on the game.

Subs. 

Joey.          5      A year ago when he arrived he looked like he was a yard behind play, sadly he still does.

Winnall.      4.     Looks off the pace hopefully just due to his injury.

Nuhiu.        5.      Only on for 15 minutes had little influence.

• Thanks 2

Guest gizowl
4 hours ago, britpunk77 said:

Dawson - 6

Fox - 6

Hector -4

Lees - 7

Palmer - 5

Hutchinson - 5

Bannan - 7

Reach - 4

Boyd - 5

Matias - 6

Fletcher - 6

Pelupessy - 4

Winnall - 5

Nuhiu - 4

Too many players had an off day, Reach, Joey and Hector were poor today and Dave is just Dave.

Went for Tom Lees, solid and consistent today.

You must have been at a different game to me, if you think Lees was man of the match, he was appalling and he's the worst captain Wednesday have ever had. 

Guest gizowl
9 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Lees just shades it for me. 7 at best. Everybody else gets a 5. A very average performance by all.

Hector was the best of the two centre backs today by a country mile. 

Fox, solid and put some great balls in. Those disputing are simply remembering his final 3 of the game that weren’t the best 

Guest gizowl
8 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

I thought he did well today. Hector was a mess by comparison.

Seriously, was you there today, some of the passing from Hector today was excellent, if he can do that when he's pissed, as some numpty has put, I can't wait to see him when he is sober, Lees is just Mr square pass usually to Palmer, Lees relies on Bannan to take it off him because he doesn't know what to do with it. This is why Bannan spends too much time playing too deep. 

Guest gizowl
4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Even when he lost the ball a few times & let them break away? Which Lees never did.

At least he tried to do something positive try to get the ball forward, if they all did what Lees does we'd never get out of our own half. 

For once,Lees outshone the man of the moment,dunno what happened with Hector today had a real off day.

Closely followed by Hutch who we missed when he left the field and the rejuvinated Fox who seems to be growing in confidence with every game.

Thought we could have done with Joao today,a bit of pace and those tricky telescopic legs could have caused them problems today.