12 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Absolutely. We looked toothless today. 

Read in another thread (about Rhodes) that some think we are well stocked in this area. Seeing as the most effective strikers we have are regularly out of action, we need to make changes. 

However, highly unlikely we can offload Fletcher or Nuhiu due to their wages.

Probably worth keeping one of Fletcher or Nuhiu, for a plan B option, especially given the injury records of our good strikers

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It’s another game unbeaten, and Villa did warn us, football under Bruce would be boring

Fuckinghell SB hasnt even set foot in the house yet and we have Idiots like this one saying this after a 0-0 home cup draw.

I went to the match today, yes it wasn't spectacular but jesus...just take a chill pill and think of the memories of Kenilworth Road, walking thru someomes living room to the stand and the days of the members only and plastic bouncing pitch.

Cant wait to go ...last time was under Turner and we lost!!!

P.S can anyone remember Shezs free kick down there ??

WAWAW?

• Like 1

The whole setup for me at the moment is a mess attacking wise.

We aren't a "team", where just a collection of decent individuals. We are always either looking at Bannan to pull off a worldy pass or for reach to hit a 30 Yarder, or for him to beat several players.

All the slick 1 touch passing and movement has gone, hopefully the new guys can get this back.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Winnall is back, doesn't look ready.

Probably not a popular sentiment amongst some on here.

Just maybe, he’s not nor ever was the great hope that people think he is.

Not given the chance you may say but how many starts did the management at Derby think he merited ?

Hope I’m wrong on this obviously.

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Fuckinghell SB hasnt even set foot in the house yet and we have Idiots like this one saying this after a 0-0 home cup draw.

I went to the match today, yes it wasn't spectacular but jesus...just take a chill pill and think of the memories of Kenilworth Road, walking thru someomes living room to the stand and the days of the members only and plastic bouncing pitch.

Cant wait to go ...last time was under Turner and we lost!!!

P.S can anyone remember Shezs free kick down there ??

WAWAW?

Did you read the thread, I wasn’t the one moaning. My comment to those that were, the unbeaten run goes on, but if they object to the football now, then they might need to get used to it, according to the Villa fans.

It always was going to be a tricky tie, and I’m surprised we managed to keep their free scoring attack at bay Not such a bad result in my view, but again, maybe you should have read the thread first

53 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

To put it into context Luton unbeaten in last 15 league games incl 11 wins and 4 draws. They lacked quality up front but defended high, pressed all over the pitch and were well organised. They will also be promoted this season and will do ok in the championship next season. Hard game so personally have no complaints. We know where we are lacking and are desperate for some pace up front on both flanks and cutting edge in the box. We are where we are and need a revamp of the squad.

Exactly right, we knew before today that we need more pace and creativity down the flanks and a better player than Nuhiu to bring on when we need a goal. 

Hopefully we can sign some quality this month to make the rest of the season less dull than today 

Just now, gurujuan said:

Did you read the thread, I wasn’t the one moaning. My comment to those that were, the unbeaten run goes on, but if they object to the football now, then they might need to get used to it, according to the Villa fans.

It always was going to be a tricky tie, and I’m surprised we managed to keep their free scoring attack at bay Not such a bad result in my view, but again, maybe you should have read the thread first

Apologies had a few beers ...anyone moaning re today needs a head check ...jos had put us back after carlos started it ...now its time for the P word ...Patience.

5 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Probably not a popular sentiment amongst some on here.

Just maybe, he’s not nor ever was the great hope that people think he is.

Not given the chance you may say but how many starts did the management at Derby think he merited ?

Hope I’m wrong on this obviously.

I'd put him in the unproven bracket. But he is a different option to Fletcher and Nuhiu, so has to stay until the end of the season at least.

They never troubled us - let’s face it, they look a million miles off Championship status - anyone who thinks they played a good game needs their head checking.

We are just one dimensional in the final third - ball to Bannan, hope he threads a ball. It’s exactly the same over and over, we rarely work the wings and drive into the box to cross or pull back. It’s all narrow throw middle which is why we’re struggling to score goals. 

Compare us to the pigs and they’re width and use of the flanks and they score countless amounts of goals in box from playing in behind. 

We've had a mini-revival of 4 games. 

As thing stand, we are in the bottom half of the Championship and today played a Luton side who haven't lost in months. 

Good to see so many of us are operating in reality when it comes to our current team...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

The whole one dimensional lump to Fletcher is dire 

If this is the plan moving forward then it’ll soon wear thin with fans - we have the players to play football on the floor, stop with the Megson style lump and hope

Do you really believe that what we saw today is reflective of the plan moving forward? SA said in yesterday’s presser that the new regime has had 40mins training with the group. What we saw today is the output of 2 years of decline. It’s going to take time to instil a new philosophy 

58 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Do you really believe that what we saw today is reflective of the plan moving forward? SA said in yesterday’s presser that the new regime has had 40mins training with the group. What we saw today is the output of 2 years of decline. It’s going to take time to instil a new philosophy 

Yes, we were brown and smelly today but it can hardly be gauged as a yardstick for how things will be when Brucellosis finally grasps the reins.