As good as bannan is......... we try and play through him too much some times. Today being a classic example.

The opposition clearly worked that out and baldilocks (no4) shackled him. 

Wanted to much time on ball and didn’t move it quick enough. Maybe trying to hard?

Hector quality again.

Just now, Beholder said:

People should not underestimate Luton who are probably equivalent to a decent champ side. Full of confidence. 

Its not a bad result considering how shyte we were for so long. 

This, people moaning already, unbelievable

12 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Same team has played 5 games in 2 weeks I think.

It’s a big ask given the fixture pile-up.  I can’t understand why we haven’t made changes to the side.

For example, it was a bit daft to keep flogging the likes of Bannan, Reach, Hutchinson once again IMO.  Those 3 in particular have all played loads of minutes over the Xmas fixtures, and have looked tired in recent games.

So not exactly a great leap in logic to assume they could be vulnerable to injuries/fatigue if involved today.

We have a large squad for a midtable Championship club and a decent pack of U23s that have recently broke into the first team picture.  Given the recent fixture congestion, you involve some of your fringe players in games like today.

50 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

The whole one dimensional lump to Fletcher is dire 

If this is the plan moving forward then it’ll soon wear thin with fans - we have the players to play football on the floor, stop with the Megson style lump and hope

One game without Bruce arriving yet and you already think we will adopt hoofball as our tactic under him. 

This all sounds a bit panicked to me Todwick. 

We've got more players available and a proper manager now, can't all happen at once. One game against Luton sounds like a chance to try one or 2 things to me. Might not have worked but they've got just under half a season to work it all out. Give them time. 

Didnt enjoy the performance, found it very frustrating. If and its a big if we set up like that regularly, we need pace. From somewhere. 

I really dont want to be watching a jos/carlos hybrid of turdball. 

Thought fox played well and was nice to see winall on the pitch. 

Only positive today got some ace father son time, he left with a smile on his face having got the chance to sit at the front and see his favourite players very close up.

Overall nice to get out. Not fussed about the reply against the edl scumballs. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 2

That was really poor today. Frustrating as good feeling was returning slowly, and you’d have thought the players would have been desperate to impress the new management. 

Instead we we looked half asleep, sluggish to go forward, and a yard off the pace. Plenty of huffing and puffing and very little else. A game to match the atmosphere in the stadium.

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

The whole one dimensional lump to Fletcher is dire 

If this is the plan moving forward then it’ll soon wear thin with fans - we have the players to play football on the floor, stop with the Megson style lump and hope

get it passed square along the backline for 65% of our possession, coco and jos thinking.

he needs a proper forward, and wingman to feed off fletcher, not the lightweight make do mix we have.

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Didnt enjoy the performance, found it very frustrating. If and its a big if we set up like that regularly, we need pace. From somewhere. 

I really dont want to be watching a jos/carlos hybrid of turdball. 

Thought fox played well and was nice to see winall on the pitch. 

Only positive today got some ace father son time, he left with a smile on his face having got the chance to sit at the front and see his favourite players very close up.

Overall nice to get out. Not fussed about the reply against the edl scumballs. 

we need to start playing winning aggressive championship football, with the ball with our forward line as much a possible, player additions will be needed to for this.

some bought into 'the emperor's new clothes' so much, they're still wearing them.

Frustrating... but I think if anyone thought we'd rock up to day and dispatch them with ease they've had too many trifles over Christmas.

We've had some good results of late but it's been a tough, confidence knocking season and things don't get solved overnight.  

Against a side full of confidence like Luton today was always going to be a tough task. 

A low gate, a closed KOP and a lack of atmosphere gave it all the feeling of a friendly game.

Nothing too unexpected today I don't think.  

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

That was absolutely dreadful to watch 

Gone from playing football on the floor and opening sides up to lumping balls into Fletcher all game

Why? We carved our two best chances on the floor through Matias. 

Why we’re entertaining the competition is questionable too - we’ve lost Bannan and Hutch to this game as a result 

Bad, bad afternoon

Were entertaining it because weve got nothing else to play for!