BRUCE - The real reason he’s not starting til feb

22 hours ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Actually the average is 67 for a man81 for a woman :picnic:

That was a bit scary, I almost went off to write a will. Thankfully, for those of us that are male and of a certain age, the office for national statistics suggests the “...67 for a man...” is substantially lower than the actual figure. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/lifeexpectancies/bulletins/nationallifetablesunitedkingdom/2015to2017

:biggrin:

So the reason is because of the clause with Villa then? 

Nice of him to be able to spend this time with his wife, but why are some saying that’s the reason when it’s been revealed he actually can’t go back in yet and it’s not by choice 

5 minutes ago, Carbone said:

So the reason is because of the clause with Villa then? 

Nice of him to be able to spend this time with his wife, but why are some saying that’s the reason when it’s been revealed he actually can’t go back in yet and it’s not by choice 

Do enlighten everybody then

22 hours ago, 33 said:

It'll do him good

It'll do his missus good

It'll do them both good

It will also do us good

See you next month Brucey, firing on all cylinders 

The rest is doing my Mrs good. She says she’s never felt better.

She started in 1996 mind.

1 hour ago, TheMagicOfWaddle said:

That was a bit scary, I almost went off to write a will. Thankfully, for those of us that are male and of a certain age, the office for national statistics suggests the “...67 for a man...” is substantially lower than the actual figure. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/lifeexpectancies/bulletins/nationallifetablesunitedkingdom/2015to2017

:biggrin:

I nearly died three times reading that.......:huh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Do enlighten everybody then

The clause Villa put into his pay out that said he can't start work until the 1st Feb, I was under the impression it had been reported everywhere?

Very clever of them as it limits his involvement until the transfer window is shut.

4 minutes ago, Carbone said:

The clause Villa put into his pay out that said he can't start work until the 1st Feb, I was under the impression it had been reported everywhere?

Very clever of them as it limits his involvement until the transfer window is shut.

Do you not think he isn't involved on a daily basis I'm pretty sure as post he's working on ins and outs

10 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Not really, just stops him getting paid until 1st Feb.

This is what i'd call a win/win/win situation.

Bruce gets to keep his promise to his wife, which puts him in the right frame of mind to get back to work.    Clearly he wasn't firing on all cylinders towards the end at Villa.     

We don't appoint a half way measure, waiting gets us a good manager for next season instead of yet another nearly man.  Jos and CC were left field and I can sort of understand the reasoning but that reasoning failed so it's time to go to tried and tested.

Finally, it stops pressure this season on Bruce.   Foundations will have been laid for his arrival by Agnew and  by starting in February, it gets rid of unduly high expectation, he gets far more than a pre-season to assess and start to put plans into motion.    Imagine him in charge yesterday, some people would already be questioning him (ok, our fans aren't THAT fickle, but a few games in definitely)