Wednesday -V- Luton (FA Cup) OMDT

Just now, SiJ said:

We weren't great, but we were hardly outclassed...

We weren't outclassed, no... but it's another trek to Luton, that we don't need right now, and we could have sorted that problem by at least having a go... they really were there for the taking today, and we never bothered em.

Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

No... Just fans that pay money and expect some effort and attacking intent

You do realise that Luton haven't lost in 12 games and are flying high at the top of their division. 

There was no guarantee we were going to smash them today. 

Not a great performance by any stretch, but the way some people are going on you'd think we'd lost 5-0 at home. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Out classed, out battled and we looked like the team in the lower league. Those players should be ashamed of that. Well done Luton, deserve your replay at the very least. 

What are you talking about? Outclassed? Did they have a shot on goal. They didn't ever look like scoring. Dawson has had one save to make from long range.

They fought well, but outclassed? you need glasses mate.

Good battling performance against a dire, hard-working, organised, outfit.

Sometimes you have to acknowledge the opposition’s grit and determination to hang on in there. But yes, not much quality up front today.

We tried though. Well done Wednesday.

We perform reasonably well for most of the game I thought. However, when the balls in our box we look nervous and no one commits to a tackle or takes charge. When it's in their box, we lack any intent and just don't seem to have any options or ideas. 

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

We weren't outclassed, no... but it's another trek to Luton, that we don't need right now, and we could have sorted that problem by at least having a go... they really were there for the taking today, and we never bothered em.

If you thought they were there for the taking.....you must have thought they were mediocre....so how does that make us outclassed?

I get that you might feel we should beat a team like that...and I would agree...but outclassed is harsh  

Just now, SiJ said:

I'd be more worried about our lack of midfield options. 

If Hutchinson and Bannan are out then we really are in trouble. 

Not sure Bannon out is a problem. Would like to see a bigger and more physical pairing in there, with some pace. It's all too slow.