Time to release the beast that could make a difference

The Hillsborough crowd could be the extra push that takes us into a play off position...

I admit I find it hardly likely, but we now have to take every advantage we can.

Speaking as a season holder, I would have no qualms about leaving the POTG at £20 for the rest of the season.

No f.ookers walking up at the minute...We are simply throwing away money cos some of us anted up early and are coming anyhow.

I'll admit I buy the cheapest season ticket...I always have done, not simply through price, simply because I prefer The Eastbank...

Why not simply try and fill the place?

The season has stuttered far&ted an' stumbled to what it is now...

It got to the stage where at the Bolton game, even season ticket holders, who had ALREADY paid..thought 

"F.ook this for a game of dominos"

Whats the point of sayin'  

"Well I paid so much, every one else should"

When the bloody ground is half empty!!!

Waddya do..Sit there nodding sagely thinking "That showed 'em"?

Sheffield Wednesday is addictive....Lets get fans addicted again.

Even if its short term loss....

Are there honestly ANY season ticket holders at the minute who would argue against getting Hillsborough bouncing again?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

If Season Ticket holders who have already paid can't be bothered to attend, why would somebody who had to pay, bother?

Play good and win a few, in time for ST renewals - that's all they can do now.

Cos.. i don't know whether you noticed, but things have picked up a little

So waddya do to improve it...?

Ask folk who have ALREADY paid to tip up...or fill some empty seats ?

How do you make more money?

How do you create an atmosphere?

Players , managers, Chairmen..all espouse how much better it is when a crowd are behind the team...Get a f.ookin' crowd behind them then...Its not rocket science.

Those seats simply remain empty, in mute testament to abysmal football and ridiculous POTG pricing...

We have changed one aspect of it...Why not address the other?

It costs me nowt extra...It costs you nowt extra..In fact as a season ticket holder, it adds to my experience...a bloody full ground

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

The Hillsborough crowd could be the extra push that takes us into a play off position...

I admit I find it hardly likely, but we now have to take every advantage we can.

Speaking as a season holder, I would have no qualms about leaving the POTG at £20 for the rest of the season.

No f.ookers walking up at the minute...We are simply throwing away money cos some of us anted up early and are coming anyhow.

I'll admit I buy the cheapest season ticket...I always have done, not simply through price, simply because I prefer The Eastbank...

It got to the stage where at the Bolton game, even season ticket holders, who had ALREADY paid..thought 

Are there honestly ANY season ticket holders at the minute who would argue against getting Hillsborough bouncing again?

I agree entirely. More than anything, I buy a season ticket so that I can ensure I sit together with my son and a group of mates (there's 8 of us altogether). Yes, there's a saving but that's not the main reason for buying one. I would much prefer to have the area around where we sit full, with the crowd singing and getting behind the team.

• Like 1

Lets see if the chairman's listening. He's obviously gone a different route with the manager and what most fans have been asking for, now we need to see sensible pricing. Its obviously not working out financially to set exuberent prices. The POTG say either "we live in south yorkshire and ain't got that much disposable income" or "How much? don't be silly I got better things to spend me money on". 

At the end of the day some income is better than practically none. Add to that it helps create a better atmosphere which can influence the team. 

Let young uns in for a small nominal price get em hooked as they are the future long term support.

Over to you DC.

Great post . Adults 20 quid and anyone under 18 a fiver. Nothing like Hillsborough packed and rocking. The club can only profit as people are not walking up at moment and they would make money on the addons that bigger crowds spend. Get the kids back its an investment in this clubs future.

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Part of me going to the games is for the atmosphere! It's been lacking for a while until very recently. If it means the place is going to get full and the atmosphere improves then not a problem for me as a season ticket holder. 

How do you know it would be packed every game? It depends on if the results are good. There was a large crowd on New year's Day as it was a one off cheap game but them fans may only go once and may not pay £20 for every remaining home game. 

Between the five in our family we have clocked up 36 years of season ticket holding between us. But given work and family there isn't any realistic way we could get the five of us season tickets and probably won't for a few year's at least. So we potg as many times as we can. But the current price does impact on this, and there are games we let go. In fairness we probably pick the pricier fixtures when taking the kid's, and with one at uni, one not earning above minimum wage and the other at school, me and the better half fund the lot. We are both professional worker's, we earn well and I get to hammer the over time, but we still have to draw some lines.

We aren't just going to drive up to the ground to arrive for kick off and go straight home. We use the match as some family time, and I would go as far to say Wednesday has been a bit of a glue that has kept us going through tough times and good. For Birmingham five of us there, it's rare for all 5, but I would reckon 10 pints quaffed, 3 pie's, a dog roll, a cheese and onion nasty, 1 cola, three coffees and two bags of chocolate buttons also purchased. 

In fairness, we would get to more if potg was cheaper, and we would purchase more at the ground. Quite often with the outlay of the tickets we do spend outside of the ground. But given how time starved we are it's easier not to, and I actually like to put cash towards the club.

I appreciate season ticket holders wouldn't want to lose out, and it's a fine balance for the club to get to. But I believe there could be some compromise made elsewhere for season ticket holders to get extra value elsewhere, and where better than food and drink given the mark up, cup matches etc. I rocked up for Bolton and I found it pretty grim seeing the ground like that. Clearly, I have no access to the books or the answers, but I think most of us would want to see the place full.

Edited by Anus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I have been arguing this point for a few weeks now.. and all I get back is negative bokkols! 

This moment could be the the perfect storm for our club and some just wont recognise the greater significance of cheap seats.

thanks for your post