Who's opinion do we trust most, Stan Collymore or Peter Swan?

Two writers that share their names with ex-footballers, have written, or said what they think about Bruce joining us. One is called Stan Collymore the same as the disgraced footballer who infamously appeared in newspapers after he beat Ulrika Johnson to the ground before giving her a shoeing on the floor, see his lovely comments below..

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-collymore-aston-villa-15622174

The other is by Peter Swan, who shares a name with a certain SWFC player who became famous playing for the Owls and England, before becoming infamous for the betting scandal, as follows...

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-sheffield-wednesday-manager-2383058

I've gone for lovely Pete's opinion.

Now that he has been confirmed as our manager I am 100% behind the Brewster. Last time we had a Bruce involved with the first team squad, we got promoted.

Bruce IN!

1 minute ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Two writers that share their names with ex-footballers, have written, or said what they think about Bruce joining us. One is called Stan Collymore the same as the disgraced footballer who infamously appeared in newspapers after he beat Ulrika Johnson to the ground before giving her a shoeing on the floor, see his lovely comments below..

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-collymore-aston-villa-15622174

The other is by Peter Swan, who shares a name with a certain SWFC player who became famous playing for the Owls and England, before becoming infamous for the betting scandal, as follows...

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-sheffield-wednesday-manager-2383058

Now that he has been confirmed as our manager I am 100% behind the Brewster. Last time we had a Bruce involved with the first team squad, we got promoted.

Bruce IN!

You do realise that is THE Stan Collymore? 

https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/1080488213360332800

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Collymore's comments seems to mirror what Villa fans have said about Bruce.

Basically it got to a point where what he was doing didn't make any sense to anyone.

Of course we're all entitled to deny that as a reality and make like he's the 2nd coming.

2 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Couldn't help reading that in Collymore's awful, whiny voice. How that bloke is still involved in the game, on a national platform, is beyond me. Horrible little woman-beating cretin.

I don't have many good things to say about United, but I cannot imagine them giving Cheddar Vans much press time in the future, despite his name being "cleared".

A reporter who was actually an eye witness to the Collymore incident, stated publicly that the attack on Ulrika was so brutal that he can never forget it, when Collymore tried to, "airbrush over the past", recently,. He even tried to make out that the original report was mildly racist and over-sensationalised! The nasty Sh!t.

Steve Bruce been a manager for 20 years as a manager and 9 different clubs.

Law of averages would say a couple of times things have not always been a success for him.

But in his time had more successes then failures. 

I dont think you can argue his time at Villa was great but that's a club been in a mess for best part of a decade before he took over.

Think Bruce is a good solid manager.

• Like 1

I don't need to read opinion and conjecture on Bruce. He is obviously a very good manager and almost got the basket case of a club called Villa back up. It hasn't worked everywhere but he has had success, even at Hull and they are a mess behind the scenes too. If he can not make it work here and he is sacked after 2 years of mid table football, then the problem is not him, it's the club and the way it is being run. I can't believe we have Bruce. Going to be a very interesting ride that's for sure. The big immediate issue is can he improve the squad with FFP etc. Or are they just going to try and have it sorted by the summer then plan a new squad. Either way with Bruce at the helm it does look more like we will be competitive. I was one of the few who didn't mind Jos, but if Bruce is saying i will take the job then i get the logic to make a move. Just want to bring on more games to see what it all brings. WAWAW.

I hope we scrape in to the play off's on the last day of the season, we play Derby in the semi's and smash them over both legs being the limp bottle boys they are, whilst Villa play the grunters in the other semi, who draw their last game of the season to drop out of the top 2. 

The pigs having bottled automatic, crumble against Villa, who are heavy favourites heading in to the final against us.

We smash the Villains harder than Collymore bounced Ulrika's head about and Bruce helicopter's his chombie from the side of the pitch to a crying collymore sat n the stands

Collymore can do one 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Basically it got to a point where what he was doing didn't make any sense to anyone.

Of course we're all entitled to deny that as a reality and make like he's the 2nd coming.

Much of the time Bruce was at Villa they were in turmoil. He took them to within 90 minutes of promotion.

Bruce has had a very difficult year personally, maybe it all caught up with him this season having gone so close last time.

His successor is currently averaging enough points to get them towards the play-offs but no higher, will he be able to get them up? Time will tell but I am happy to have a manager with Bruce's record.

9 minutes ago, cookeh said:

I wanted him out before he came in, but when you see his credentials and what he has had to work with, I think he deserves a chance, don't you?

The second coming is going a bit far, but compared with our previous couple of managerial appointments from DC, Bruce strikes me as the most qualified of the three to complete the job, considering that he has already done it four times, knows the country, the division, the players and styles of play and knows how to manage players with egos and young players who are trying to make it. I would imagine that he will do his job with the minimum amount of interference from above too, or he will be off. I am happy to accept that my initial response to him coming could be well wide of the mark and that he could be exactly what we want, but none of us will know for sure until he has had a decent run and a transfer window or two (which could be very interesting, if the rumours are true).

I remember too well what l**ds fans said about Tom Lees coming to us, so if the sour grapes comments are justified you would expect Villas overall win percentage over Bruce's 102 games to be a lot lower than the 45% overall record he had with them. He did considerably better than that last season, when he took them to the play off final against a very attack minded Fulham, so he was actually improving the team and their results, as his tenure went on.

Maybe a lot of their fans, like a lot of our fans, simply expect far more than they should from a team that had wallowed in the bottom half of the prem for a number of years before falling down to the Championship.

Bruce took villa from bottom half to playoff final. 

A combo of club and personal turmoil seemed to hamper the third season. 

If bruce gets us anywhere near the playoff final then he’s already been a big improvement.

Nothing is guaranteed but Bruce will communicate at least and the gap between club and fans closes immediately 

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Bruce took villa from bottom half to playoff final. 

A combo of club and personal turmoil seemed to hamper the third season. 

If bruce gets us anywhere near the playoff final then he’s already been a big improvement.

Nothing is guaranteed but Bruce will communicate at least and the gap between club and fans closes immediately 

Absolutely. Overall he did a good job at Villa but this season was probably the right time for both to part company.

Given that Collymore is very candid about his mental health issues and he has had plenty of leeway in terms of being afforded time off from his own employments to aid his problems one would have perhaps thought he might be more understanding of the issues that may have affected Bruce recently......

54 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Bruce IN!

Im going to sit on a comfy fence and see what happens

as alex Bruce said on twitter, 

Bruce took villa from similar position to what we are in now, to the play off final the next season,

leaving the squad a lot healthier than when he first joined...DESPITE a net spend of nearly ZERO.

that'll do for me!