Sorry I’m watching the cricket

7 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Probably just a bit of mischief making by the press.

Be funny if the TV picked him out though at the Cricket.

Speaking as a rotund gentleman myself lets be honest if he is there he won't be difficult to find will he 

The first test starts the 23rd, the second one starts the 31st of Jan.....so the story fits time wise (if it's true at all) and he then should be back for the 1st of Feb...in a winning frame of mind...maybe Vaughany will be out there to give his advice....ooh just had a thought didn't Vaughan mention having a go at the Hillsborough job...

Weird how things work sometimes, if we get some bad results and one player makes a terrible mistake that leads to a goal, a lot of you in here will be saying Bruce is tactically inept and needs to go, all the attention and blame would go to him and no one else. We're in a transfer window, have an OUTSIDE chance of a playoff push and he wants to go watch cricket instead of getting stuck in, and some people refuse to hear any criticism of him whatsoever. Hmm. Imagine if we were signing a player who wanted a month off. There would be a 100 page thread on here demanding the signing was cancelled. Okay if the boss does it though? I don't like it one bit. 

Good luck to Bruce, really hope you take us up but I really don't get why you're not in charge of the game this weekend. 

Chansiri/Paxao/Katriene (whoever) - "we'd like to talk to you about being Manager"

Bruce "To be honest, it's come a bit early for me- Im taking a bit of a break, I've promised the family Christmas and New Year away (I've worked the last 42) and then I've got a trip planned and a knee op in January"

C/P/K "Maybe we can work round that, we could possibly leave Lee Bullen in charge, but 5 weeks is a long time and we need to try and utilise the transfer window, although we probably can't do much anyway - we coukd possibky fimd someone else to assist Lee in tge meantime"

Bruce "I could possibly send my team in for 5 weeks, and do what I can do remotely"

C/P/K "ok, we're probably best saying you're starting Feb 1st though"

Bruce "agreed"

Not that unrealistic is it? Also; I heard Heckingbottom was coming in. Maybe there was some truth in it and he was sounded out about a temporary role to assist Bullen, or until end of season?

8 hours ago, Carbone said:

Imagine if we were signing a player who wanted a month off. There would be a 100 page thread on here demanding the signing was cancelled. Okay if the boss does it though? I don't like it one bit. 

Interesting that you have this view given that Carbine used to have the first month of pre season training off every year 

8 hours ago, Carbone said:

Weird how things work sometimes, if we get some bad results and one player makes a terrible mistake that leads to a goal, a lot of you in here will be saying Bruce is tactically inept and needs to go, all the attention and blame would go to him and no one else. We're in a transfer window, have an OUTSIDE chance of a playoff push and he wants to go watch cricket instead of getting stuck in, and some people refuse to hear any criticism of him whatsoever. Hmm. Imagine if we were signing a player who wanted a month off. There would be a 100 page thread on here demanding the signing was cancelled. Okay if the boss does it though? I don't like it one bit. 

Good luck to Bruce, really hope you take us up but I really don't get why you're not in charge of the game this weekend. 

He's not saying he wants a month off. He's saying he's available from the 1st of February. He's lost both his parents in a short space of time and feels that is when he'll be in the right frame of mind to start work.

22 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Sheffield Wednesday have appointed Steve Bruce as their new manager.

But the former Aston Villa boss will not take charge until February 1 due to a prior personal commitment, reports in the Midlands claim.

According to some reports on Thursday, the commitment will see Bruce watch the England cricket team play in the West Indies.

This has not been confirmed by Bruce or Sheffield Wednesday.

However, at least one report suggests: "It appears as if Bruce’s arrival as new Sheffield Wednesday boss has been delayed as he wants to tick off an item on his bucket list: seeing an England cricket test in West Indies."

England play in Barbados starting on January 23.

Source : Birmingham mail

Why not more to life then football

21 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

From what Clem was saying, we approached Bruce and he said he couldn't take the job due to prior family commitments meaning he wouldn't be available until the end of January.

Chansiri said that's fine, we'll wait, you're the man we want.

Bruce said fair enoughb and they both agreed.

I don't really see the problem here, we've just bought a manager in who's got as many teams promoted to the Premier League as Neil Warnock.

Agree. If you put a positive spin on this it’s evidence of a longer term more strategic approach by DC and KM. 

They’ve decided that SB is Mr Right and been prepared to wait with a sensible contingency of SA, SC and LB. Rather than panic and go for Mr Right Now who can start immediately. 

1 minute ago, leedsbornowl said:

Why not more to life then football

Think if true it comes across that he is taking the Wednesday job a bit half heartedly. People would use it against him if results are poor at any stage.

Personally think its a load of crap, needs an operation on his knees so cant guarantee he will be fit enough to carry out his duties until then is 100 times more likely explanation.