Sorry I’m watching the cricket

4 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

I hope that's not the reason he chose us for the job... looking us up on Wikipedia then reading

"That's it Janet, I'm managing The Wednesday Cricket Club!"

Could be a merger on the cards...

Sheffield Windies.

• Haha 2

From what Clem was saying, we approached Bruce and he said he couldn't take the job due to prior family commitments meaning he wouldn't be available until the end of January.

Chansiri said that's fine, we'll wait, you're the man we want.

Bruce said fair enoughb and they both agreed.

I don't really see the problem here, we've just bought a manager in who's got as many teams promoted to the Premier League as Neil Warnock.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Why don't you think the club will send him match videos and his backroom staff won't be communicating with him every day...FFS

You mean our modern world is maybe connected by some sort of  crazy technology that means you dont have to be sat at Hillsborough 24 hours a day?! WTF: 

lol

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Sheffield Wednesday have appointed Steve Bruce as their new manager.

But the former Aston Villa boss will not take charge until February 1 due to a prior personal commitment, reports in the Midlands claim.

According to some reports on Thursday, the commitment will see Bruce watch the England cricket team play in the West Indies.

This has not been confirmed by Bruce or Sheffield Wednesday.

However, at least one report suggests: "It appears as if Bruce’s arrival as new Sheffield Wednesday boss has been delayed as he wants to tick off an item on his bucket list: seeing an England cricket test in West Indies."

England play in Barbados starting on January 23.

Source : Birmingham mail

January 23rd you say?

Don't see this being an issue as it will basically be a weekend off for us anyway with the Brentford fixture postponed due to them still being in the cup and us having been knocked out! :picnic:

If he does need a knee operation then maybe he needs something to do while he is recuperating. 

Like for example, watching cricket?

Or he might like watching cricket and spent a lot of money on booking tickets and accommodation to follow England in the Windies on the spur of the moment when Villa sacked him. 

Or he could be taking the Mick. 

Or he might not be doing any of that. 

YOU decide.....

4 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Im due to be in Barbados then, I'll keep an eye out...

Reyt support! You're no better than Bruce! :ghoulguy:

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

If that is the legitimate reason I still think he could be using his time more productively by watching our games, identifying transfer targets etc. I know that can be done from afar but not too impressed with this myself. If, of course, it’s even true.

Maybe he will but if he says I'm unavailable until Feb it's up to DC if he waits or tries to sign someone else...

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Think I pretty much conceded that’s likely in my initial post. 

He's recently lost his mam and dad. Whatever he decides to do to help himself get over it is fine by me. He's human just like the rest of us. 

Edit; apologies "ever the pessimist" , I've no idea why I've quoted you here.

Edited by archieswfc
  • Thanks 1