Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Snooty

Sorry I’m watching the cricket

Recommended Posts

 

Sheffield Wednesday have appointed Steve Bruce as their new manager.

But the former Aston Villa boss will not take charge until February 1 due to a prior personal commitment, reports in the Midlands claim.

According to some reports on Thursday, the commitment will see Bruce watch the England cricket team play in the West Indies.

This has not been confirmed by Bruce or Sheffield Wednesday.

However, at least one report suggests: "It appears as if Bruce’s arrival as new Sheffield Wednesday boss has been delayed as he wants to tick off an item on his bucket list: seeing an England cricket test in West Indies."

England play in Barbados starting on January 23.

 

Source : Birmingham mail

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, even if it were true, at least the chap is being honest.

If he's said at the outset I've got something on, then that's up to us to decide whether we still make the offer.

 

Of course. It might be complete round uns made up by people in that area where he's managed two teams and ended up leaving.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel a lot better now about missing the Ipswich game at the start of the season to play cricket!

Edited by Ian
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ian said:

I feel a lot better now about missing the Ipswich game at the start of the season to play cricket!

Nobody should feel better about playing cricket :ph34r:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Sheffield Wednesday have appointed Steve Bruce as their new manager.

But the former Aston Villa boss will not take charge until February 1 due to a prior personal commitment, reports in the Midlands claim.

According to some reports on Thursday, the commitment will see Bruce watch the England cricket team play in the West Indies.

This has not been confirmed by Bruce or Sheffield Wednesday.

However, at least one report suggests: "It appears as if Bruce’s arrival as new Sheffield Wednesday boss has been delayed as he wants to tick off an item on his bucket list: seeing an England cricket test in West Indies."

England play in Barbados starting on January 23.

 

Source : Birmingham mail

Did anyone get this right in the separate conspiracy theory thread? :duntmatter:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its most likely that the terms of his Aston Villa pay off mean he can't take another job until the end of the transfer window.  If this is the case and he wants to use the spare time to watch a game of cricket then who cares? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

I think its most likely that the terms of his Aston Villa pay off mean he can't take another job until the end of the transfer window.  If this is the case and he wants to use the spare time to watch a game of cricket then who cares? 

 

If that is the legitimate reason I still think he could be using his time more productively by watching our games, identifying transfer targets etc. I know that can be done from afar but not too impressed with this myself. If, of course, it’s even true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

 

If that is the legitimate reason I still think he could be using his time more productively by watching our games, identifying transfer targets etc. I know that can be done from afar but not too impressed with this myself. If, of course, it’s even true.

Why don't you think the club will send him match videos and his backroom staff won't be communicating with him every day...FFS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Thought the reason was he was having an operation on his knees?

I guess he could be doing both.

He is, but some people aren't happy unless they've got something to moan about !

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lolCricket tho. 

 

If if we build this up enough can we get him sacked before he starts? When’s the next fan forum? 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Nobody should feel better about playing cricket :ph34r:

Ashes summer coming up..counting down the days

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect there's a bit of mischief making going on here. 

 

The journalist who broke this *story* has based it off an interview with one of Bruce's old coaching staff (Kevin MacDonald), who commented on Bruce having wanted to watch cricket in the West Indies so he could tick it off his bucket list. 

 

Needless to say, I look forward to the ensuing meltdown.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Why don't you think the club will send him match videos and his backroom staff won't be communicating with him every day...FFS

 

Think I pretty much conceded that’s likely in my initial post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...