Sign in to follow this  
Class of 91

SWFC v SUFC Moved

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

A few anti sky chants like the derby fans wouldn’t go  a miss 

They’d probably just pipe a bit of fake fan noise over the top to cover it up. 

:picnic:

Edited by Kopparberg
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, torres said:

The match is on a Monday night at home!!

We are not playing on the moon.

Let's show the world how good our club can be, lets show the world how good Sheffield can be.

Do you know a way I can get from Glasgow to Sheffield leaving at 6pm and be in time for ko?

No?

Just now, sweetsheri said:

Do you know a way I can get from Glasgow to Sheffield leaving at 6pm and be in time for ko?

No?

You are right, we've normally got 1000's coming from Glasgow to watch us.

55 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

No?

Don't go to Glasgow then return not required lol

With this being on Sky I'd have it as an offer game for Wednesday fans, season ticket holders bring a friend for just £20 or you can purchase a 3game bundle at £60 any stand.

Still charge them dirty flippers £42 then.

Ensure it's a full house and let's beat the tramps.

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:
3 hours ago, james o connor said:

A few anti sky chants like the derby fans wouldn’t go  a miss 

They’d probably just pipe a bit of fake fan noise over the top to cover it up. 

Sky claimed to have only piped the noise over due to the obscenities used, as it is there duty to ensure it was fit for a family audience (or some very similar bs).

So if you can get your message across without swearing, it should get heard.... possibly.

:ph34r:

• Thanks 1

About 8 friends have booked flights for this. What a complete wee wee take.

Has someone been making noises beforehand?...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-46760669

In case the link doesn't work;

Police call for weekday only derby matches in Sheffieldhare this with Facebook

Sheffield Wednesday's groundImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES Image captionPolicing last season's Sheffield derby at Hillsborough cost £203,000

Police in Sheffield have said they no longer want football matches between the city's two teams to take place at weekends.

South Yorkshire Police said they had to balance policing matches "while maintaining our high levels of service for the public whom we serve".

The force has written to the English Football League (EFL) to ask for derby fixtures to take place on weeknights.

The March game between the Championship sides has been moved to Monday night.

A BBC investigation showed that last year's fixture between Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United at Hillsborough was the most expensive policing operation in England, costing £203,000. The home club was billed £41,000 by the police.

Deputy Chief Constable Mark Roberts has said the force makes a "significant loss" policing football games across the county.

More Yorkshire stories

In a statement, DCC Roberts said: "We must balance this type of operation and the resource it requires against our resilience to provide a service to the wider public of South Yorkshire, to ensure that everyone continues to receive the support and response they quite rightly expect from their local police."

He said he had told the EFL that "this support is achievable and sustainable if derby fixtures take place on weeknights".

The force said it was consulting with fans about the change.

Absolute disgrace this decision. If you were ever in any doubt how money has changed this game then here it is.

How can such an iconic fixture be moved at will like this? Sunday’s and lunchtimes are bad enough but this stinks.

5 hours ago, torres said:

The match is on a Monday night at home!!

We are not playing on the moon.

Let's show the world how good our club can be, lets show the world how good Sheffield can be.

Its a bugger for me, means booking half a day off work, and costing fair bit extra with trains too but Im looking at it as a sesh so Im not too bothered. Do these barstewards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finney on the Wing said:

A BBC investigation showed that last year's fixture between Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United at Hillsborough was the most expensive policing operation in England

I think they might need to look at how this game costs more than lets say Manchester United Vs Liverpool with 75,000 fans. Or Arsenal vs Spurs with 60,000 fans. How can a game with only 30,000 fans be the most expensive operation?

Also i genuinely didn't know the club didn't foot the entire bill, i thought they would invoice them most of the costs.

Aren't the club only responsible for policing costs inside the stadium ?

4 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I think they might need to look at how this game costs more than lets say Manchester United Vs Liverpool with 75,000 fans. Or Arsenal vs Spurs with 60,000 fans. How can a game with only 30,000 fans be the most expensive operation?

Also i genuinely didn't know the club didn't foot the entire bill, i thought they would invoice them most of the costs.

If I wasn't a football fan things like the Police bill would drive me up the wall.

Clubs paying players fortunes and yet its the taxpayer footing the bill for policing matches.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Cheers for posting this yesterday mate. Had I not seen it and booked my mate's stag do plans, I'd have been heading home on the Sunday and missed the game. Now I can make it! :Chansiri:

No problem. At least you can make the game now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finney on the Wing said:

Has someone been making noises beforehand?...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-46760669

In case the link doesn't work;

Police call for weekday only derby matches in Sheffieldhare this with Facebook

Sheffield Wednesday's groundImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES Image captionPolicing last season's Sheffield derby at Hillsborough cost £203,000

Police in Sheffield have said they no longer want football matches between the city's two teams to take place at weekends.

South Yorkshire Police said they had to balance policing matches "while maintaining our high levels of service for the public whom we serve".

The force has written to the English Football League (EFL) to ask for derby fixtures to take place on weeknights.

The March game between the Championship sides has been moved to Monday night.

A BBC investigation showed that last year's fixture between Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United at Hillsborough was the most expensive policing operation in England, costing £203,000. The home club was billed £41,000 by the police.

Deputy Chief Constable Mark Roberts has said the force makes a "significant loss" policing football games across the county.

More Yorkshire stories

In a statement, DCC Roberts said: "We must balance this type of operation and the resource it requires against our resilience to provide a service to the wider public of South Yorkshire, to ensure that everyone continues to receive the support and response they quite rightly expect from their local police."

He said he had told the EFL that "this support is achievable and sustainable if derby fixtures take place on weeknights".

The force said it was consulting with fans about the change.

That is absolutely ridiculous. So they actually reckon that by having it on a Monday evening that's safer? For who exactly? We all know football fans go for a drink beforehand, so town will be on lockdown straight away.. But this is a Monday in early March - all the schools will be on during the day, many kids will be travelling through the town centre and using buses and trams to get home (whichever end of town that is). Are those kids not going to feel intimidated if they're on a tram at 4pm full of football fans smelling of ale?

The majority of fans making their way to the ground and surrounding pubs will be heading there between 4 & 6pm IMO. Right smack in the middle of rush hour with daily commuters and as previously mentioned - school children.

How many commuters do you get on Saturdays or Sundays? A quarter maybe? Probably less. How many school kids? Again, probably the same - just the ones heading to the cinema etc.

It's an absolute joke. As was the Friday night game.

4 minutes ago, Class of 91 said:

It's an absolute joke. As was the Friday night game.

Yep, smells of BS

Perhaps it's much cheaper to police on a weekday? other than that I don't get their reasoning.

Could always ask the council why....second thoughts don't waste ya time

3 hours ago, torres said:

You are right, we've normally got 1000's coming from Glasgow to watch us.

Think you missed the point

32 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Think you missed the point

Enlighten me 

14 minutes ago, torres said:

Enlighten me 

You inferred that even though its a monday night we should all make the ground rock

Some of us now can't make it