SWFC v SUFC Moved

8 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

Don't shoot me down but can the clubs actually refuse? 

This link refers to the new deal starting next season rather than the current one but given it implies that clubs didn't feel fully informed about the current red button coverage I would be surprised if they can refuse a game having signed up to the deal through the EFL.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46282792 

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

It will massively impact gate receipts.

Will sky adequately cover that shortfall? I doubt it.

Football has sold itself to the devil.

The Sky fee massively exceeds any impact on attendance (mainly because theyve already taken the Season Ticket fee). See Chansiri's comments at the forum "The ticket price pays for nothing!"

Update

OH WOW - I didnt realise that the EFL paid so poorly for TV games!!

100,000k for a home game, 10k for an away game - and 6million in "prize" money for everyone at the end of the season. Wow. We should boycott sky games!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-tv-money-aston-villa-12969621

Edited by jamsandwich

2 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Sadly, yes! He's a quality mate and had to come and watch Hibernian vs some other Scottish sh*te for my stag do (we only went to break up 4 days of drinking, he's an actual Chesterfield fan hence the game!), so it's the least I can do!

Can I come

9 minutes ago, jamsandwich said:

The Sky fee massively exceeds any impact on attendance (mainly because theyve already taken the Season Ticket fee). See Chansiri's comments at the forum "The ticket price pays for nothing!"

Update

OH WOW - I didnt realise that the EFL paid so poorly for TV games!!

100,000k for a home game, 10k for an away game - and 6million in "prize" money for everyone at the end of the season. Wow. We should boycott sky games!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-tv-money-aston-villa-12969621

Yeah I think 100k is paltry compensation given the size of the fixture, not to mention the inconvenience caused.

Maybe it just about covers shortfall but in  a fixture such as this, not by much.

2 hours ago, torres said:

Club to blame - no one else

2 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

How?

2 hours ago, torres said:

Sold their soul, took the money.

They care less about the fans than the TV do 

Don't think you can blame our club in isolation. 

The clubs sign up to the contract with TV companies via the EFL and from that I would imagine we can't refuse any games that are picked.

Maybe the EFL clubs as a collective are to blame if you think it is a raw deal and maybe this is why many of the Championship clubs are contesting the detail in negotiating the new deal which is due to start next season.

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

What's @alanharper ever done to you that's so bad!!

:ph34r::biggrin:

Having had the balls to admit he is due to go and see Bryan Adams I would hope he is secretly wishing that it does get moved to the Friday and his mrs can 'enjoy' the gig with someone else! lol

Sky have apparently moved another match but they haven't said which one yet to an unspecified date and time, this is an outrage how can they keep doing this, I might have a holiday that I haven't even thought about yet booked for the day they change it too, despicable!!!!!! :carlos:

Edited by toppOwl
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Having had the balls to admit he is due to go and see Bryan Adams I would hope he is secretly wishing that it does get moved to the Friday and his mrs can 'enjoy' the gig with someone else! lol

Very harsh Boywonder, very harsh. Adams must be surely considered Canadas greatest Singing, songwriting ,record producing ,guitar playing, photographing , philanthropic-activists!

2 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:
6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think you can blame our club in isolation. 

The clubs sign up to the contract with TV companies via the EFL and from that I would imagine we can't refuse any games that are picked.

Maybe the EFL clubs as a collective are to blame if you think it is a raw deal and maybe this is why many of the Championship clubs are contesting the detail in negotiating the new deal which is due to start next season.

what can one club out of the 92 do?

I have got Sky, I do find some of there coverage quite good on football and other sports. My biggest annoyance with Sky is I think they have never heard of the words subtle and understated, use hyperbole far too much.

But agree that clubs as a whole are more to blame for daft kick off times as they agreed to the contract. Think clubs are quite happy top take Sky's money and know Sky get the blame rather then them for fixture changes.  
Cant blame Wednesday in particular for this though.

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't get your hopes up, she says she's not going with you 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, southportdc said:

The thing to do here is take Monday off, have 72 hours uninterrupted drinking before the game, and show SYP why it's a bad idea so they never allow it again. 

Im up for a 2 day georgy weahlol