SWFC v SUFC Moved

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Where you seen this mate? It's still 2nd March on the club site.

Just from someone that's usually right about this sort of stuff. Still a rumour "for now" but the Sky website stops showing their schedule after 27th Feb. The next wave of announcements fom Sky will confirm or quash the rumour

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky

Championship games go up to 13th Feb currently: https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/championship

Edited by Class of 91
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

A four page rant about something thats not even happened yet, wow!!!

Worse than that, it has pushed someone into confessing they are paying to go and see Bryan Adams!

46 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I don't care when it is, just as long as it's not on the Friday night. Got tickets to see Bryan Adams on the Friday for the Mrs' Christmas present and since I realised that it's derby weekend and I haven't missed a home game for 24 years I've been terrified that they're going to create a very awkward clash (there's no way I'm missing the match!).

Monday is poo though,  surely an early KO on the Saturday or Sunday is the sensible option. 

I thought I'd seen everything but you mate are a victim of love! 

3 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Bizarre PoV. Sky are vile. Won't have it in the house. And of course we are far far wrose off relative to other  clubs as a result of them

In what way? If you are comparing us to the vast sums that the PL clubs get then yes, but maybe we only have ourselves to blame for missing that gravy train?

The FA, PL and EFL bow down to the TV companies too much in terms of kick-off times and putting the fans that pay most to support their teams first but the money that they have thrown at football since the advent of the PL has improved the game at many levels. How the money has been spent and distributed largely to players and agents is more the fault of those handling the money surely?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

In what way? If you are comparing us to the vast sums that the PL clubs get then yes, but maybe we only have ourselves to blame for missing that gravy train?

The FA, PL and EFL bow down to the TV companies too much in terms of kick-off times and putting the fans that pay most to support their teams first but the money that they have thrown at football since the advent of the PL has improved the game at many levels. How the money has been spent and distributed largely to players and agents is more the fault of those handling the money surely?

The problem is,the stupid rule about not showing Saturday 3pm games live on TV for fear it will "affect attendances", yet ironically, having EFL games on everyday of the week (not sure we've had a Thursday) is doing just that.

Lift the ban on 3pm games. Show 2 live games (1 PL, 1 FL), then have a Sunday am & pm game from each division too. Any Tues/Weds midweek games are free to be picked then and it has little effect on peoples plans or schedules.

No Monday, Thursday or Friday games.

31 minutes ago, Class of 91 said:

Just from someone that's usually right about this sort of stuff. Still a rumour "for now" but the Sky website stops showing their schedule after 27th Feb. The next wave of announcements fom Sky will confirm or quash the rumour

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky

Championship games go up to 13th Feb currently: https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/championship

The next set of EFL games are to be announced before Jan 4th so won`t have to wait too long.

29 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Bizarre PoV. Sky are vile. Won't have it in the house. And of course we are far far wrose off relative to other  clubs as a result of them

There's nothing bizarre about my point of view.....many may disagree but it's a well established view held by many. People have a go at Sky as though before they came along there was loads of free football on terrestrial TV....there wasn't.......there was the very odd game now and again, similar with cricket, overseas tours were never converted until Sky started.

Fair enough if you don't want to subscribe that's your choice but I have everything they offer for the price of a pint each day and think it's fantastic value for money

Doesn't stop me going to games but gives the the additional option of watching Man City v Liverpool tonight

Sky are a business, they've negotiated with the EFL and FA both of which are happy with the deal they've got. Both were able to say no to anything Sky asked of them, obviously with a change in the fee, but chose not to. If you want to vilify any organisation then it's the football authorities you should be aiming at not Sky 

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1