SWFC v SUFC Moved

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Quite a few people seem to care what day the game is.

For those fans who live outside Sheffield or work late on a week night, this has now made attending arguably our biggest home game of the season far more difficult.

Yes, they can watch on TV, but it's not the same as attending the match. The day we start to believe that watching on TV is as good as watching alongside our fellow fans in the stadium is the day football really will have lost its soul.

Yeah I appreciate what you’re saying, each to their own I suppose 

For me I go to the game to watch the players, not particularly bothered about what the atmospheres like 

Plus a far better view from your TV then the bottom of the kop 

Edited by FreshOwl

Guest Maxine
1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I'm still living in hope that he decides to boycott the game and we don't have to go to Wrexham! lol 

I bet you are. It doesn't sound like much fun. 

I don't care when it is, just as long as it's not on the Friday night. Got tickets to see Bryan Adams on the Friday for the Mrs' Christmas present and since I realised that it's derby weekend and I haven't missed a home game for 24 years I've been terrified that they're going to create a very awkward clash (there's no way I'm missing the match!).

Monday is poo though,  surely an early KO on the Saturday or Sunday is the sensible option. 

• Like 1

Bloody lunacy. Geoffrey will be out on the lash all day. I’m going to use the penistone road turnstiles that night. Can see him now in his stone island jacket and Burberry cap, arms outstretched singing “ come and have a go if you think you’re hard enough”

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Beholder said:

It will massively impact gate receipts.

Will sky adequately cover that shortfall? I doubt it.

Football has sold itself to the devil.

Still be a sell out.

Awful day, have we ever won on a Monday on SKY!

Seem to recall that thrashing at Newcastle was a Monday.

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I don't care when it is, just as long as it's not on the Friday night. Got tickets to see Bryan Adams on the Friday for the Mrs' Christmas present and since I realised that it's derby weekend and I haven't missed a home game for 24 years I've been terrified that they're going to create a very awkward clash (there's no way I'm missing the match!).

Monday is poo though,  surely an early KO on the Saturday or Sunday is the sensible option. 

Everything you do eh!

Guest Arnold
59 minutes ago, Ian said:

Apart from when they are giving us money to pay for the likes of Forestieri, Bannon, Westwood, Hooper, Fletcher etc

Don’t we get around £100,000 per televised match. Drop in the ocean.

Is this confirmed? How many Monday night championship games do sky have? Don’t they normally show prem games on the MNF? Seems a bloody strange choice if true?

The process for this as I understand it is sky tell the club, and make the police aware. The police can agree or disagree. Then it’s confirmed. So what’s the source? If the police have confirmed and agreed then I guess leave would be cancelled and people will know.....

19 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Yeah I appreciate what you’re saying, each to their own I suppose 

For me I go to the game to watch the players, not particularly bothered about what the atmospheres like 

Plus a far better view from your TV then the bottom of the kop 

A better view maybe, but no real sense of connection; no chance to add your voice to the throng; no opportunity to soak in the whole occasion rather than a narrow-angle view of it.

Each to their own as you say, but I'd much rather be at the game than watching it on TV.

This has all started from one rumour on twitter, nothing more.

Talking of the match though it's my hope that it is bought forward to the Friday night.

A packed out Hillsborough under the lights is a very special atmosphere and if the team set off on the front foot I could see a similar atmosphere to the Brighton match. 99% percent of the pigs players won't have experienced such a great atmosphere having spent large parts of their careers in the lower leagues.