Any credit to Chansiri?

8 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Personally, due to the type of person i am. I have never felt the need to kiss anybody's arris or take to Sycophantic behaviour. 

Regarding SB appointment: What would you consider to be a positive or successful outcome? Bearing in mind that every manager no matter who they are will lose or resign their job. 

What exactly was the Ridsdale situation, and how is this relevant to how Chansiri is funding the club? 

I don't need congratulating for being positive it's just how i am. Same as you don't need commiserations for having a sceptical outlook. All about opinions but until something negative affects me directly then i will have a positive outlook. 

Luckily in my line of work (consultancy) i get to help make sure people return home to their families from work in good health so get a lot of job satisfaction. 

In my opinion Chansiri deserves the chance to see out what he has started. I will still have my season ticket no matter who is charge and no matter what league we are in. To me it's about seeing my mates, having a beer, catching up and supporting the Owls. 

A positive outcome for me is that Bruce comes to the club and makes changes at all levels to make Sheffield Wednesday a force in the league we are playing in. Of course, promotion to the Premier League would be a considerable bonus but not the be all and end all outcome. More importantly, whatever happens it is built on a sustainable, well managed financial plan.

I would like to think that Chansiri and the people around him have considered various contingencies. I do not consider selling the ground (even to a family member) then giving the proceeds to Bruce a particularly well thought out strategy. It sounds more akin to back of a fag packet thinking to me. Planning on the hoof. If it worked, I would of course celebrate like the next man. However, I am reluctant to heap praise on Chansiri until I see the plan in action and the eventual outcome.

Bottom line for me is I would prefer to see progress based on a sustainable plan. That means some degree of financial prudence (as far as football economics makes that allowable which I appreciate is not much). If doing things in an affordable manner takes a little longer, I will accept that.

Regardless of how Ridsdale raised the finance at Leeds is irrelevant to me. When I refer to the Ridsdale Strategy, it is alluding to throwing the kitchen sink at one outcome and hoping to God it will come off. I am sure Leeds fans were heaping praise on Ridsdale when he was signing all of the stellar players. The milk soon turned sour on that one though. I don't want to see a similar situation at Wednesday.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Am I in a parrallel dimension here from what I was reading two weeks ago?

Yes it is rather bizarre - I have always been a supporter of our chairman, obviously we all know he has made a few errors but as he admits, he is new to the game.

As someone else said he has ploughed a huge amount of money into the club, he wants success as much as we do.

I still can’t believe how some fans seem to have cast aside the fact that we were 90 minutes away from the Premiership and played a season of stunning football.

Give the man a break and don’t just follow the flock (I said flock)! lol

The way some fans sweep under the carpet all the bad things this bloke has done, despite the fact we are worse off in almost every, but not quite, conceivable way, is almost beyond belief.

Pitch? Tick

Academy? Big Tick

Big Telly? Tick (although most of time it’s advertising expensive offers)

Bruce? Tick (hopefully)

And then.....

Sacking Grey

Appointing a charlatan 

Appointing Blakey from On The Buses

Appointing a chief executive with a terrible reputation (earned or otherwise)

Alienating fans

Pricing strategy on and off the pitch 

Player recruitment 

Losing the stripes

Losing the badge

Kit prices

“My way or the highway” despite his lack of knowledge 

“sponsorship” skirting the rules

Humongous debt

The narcissism 

but we got to Wembley (although we didn’t turn up) so everything is ok.

He appears to have finally got his feet under the table, to be fair he didn’t know anything about running a football club when he arrived, and got little help from those who did. So it’s clean sheets all round, including the chairman, upwards and onwards. :Chansiri:

Just now, Spookone said:

He has ploughed a huge amount of money into the club, he wants success as much as we do.

Some fans seem to have cast aside the fact that we were 90 minutes away from the Premiership and played a season of stunning football.Give the man a break 

Just now, upperwinngardensowl said:

Sacking Grey

Appointing a charlatan 

Alienating fans

Player recruitment 

Losing the stripes

Losing the badge

Kit prices

Humongous debt

The narcissism 

Well that clears it up.

It's like watching a US debate

I always said..You could spend 10 minutes talking with someone from Israel/Palestine/Ireland/N Ireland or any country with a dispute and then be totally behind their cause.

12 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Yes it is rather bizarre - I have always been a supporter of our chairman, obviously we all know he has made a few errors but as he admits, he is new to the game.

As someone else said he has ploughed a huge amount of money into the club, he wants success as much as we do.

I still can’t believe how some fans seem to have cast aside the fact that we were 90 minutes away from the Premiership and played a season of stunning football.

Give the man a break and don’t just follow the flock (I said flock)! lol

I dont think many people have cast it aside but 2.1/2 years is a long time in football and shouldn't give him a free pass to the poor running of the club since.

I enjoyed Wembley in 2016.

I also enjoyed the play off final in 2005 at Cardiff when Dave Allen was Chairmen.

I also enjoyed the semi final win v Sheffield United at Wembley in 1993 when Dave Richards was Chairmen.

These were great days but it doesn't make either of these chairmen exempt from criticism as well.

Yes Chansiri has listened to the fans on stripes, listened to the fans on the manager. Mine and other peoples biggest bug bear is the prices and so far fans voicing their opinions on this has mainly fallen on deaf ears.

1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

The way some fans sweep under the carpet all the bad things this bloke has done, despite the fact we are worse off in almost every, but not quite, conceivable way, is almost beyond belief.

Pitch? Tick

Academy? Big Tick

Bruce? Tick (hopefully)

And then.....

Sacking Grey

Appointing a charlatan 

Alienating fans

Player recruitment 

Losing the stripes

Losing the badge

Kit prices

Humongous debt

The narcissism 

I agree that there are many negatives in Chansiri's time, but your list is a bit blinkered and biased. You did, however, miss the Radio Sheffield debacle.

If sacking Gray is a negative (I agree) and appointing Carlos is also a negative, then surely sacking Carlos and then Jos should appear in your positive column.

Appointing Katrien as Chief Exec is bad? What has she done wrong? I'm not sure what she does do, but just because she made mistakes elsewhere doesn't make her appointment a bad thing.

To beef up the pluses: how about...

catering improvement? A long way to go, but cashless has reduced queuing, and choice has improved.

a Wednesday pub?

a fan park? Well it's a start.

the best two seasons since mid 90s?

some of the best players at Hillsborough since late 90s.

To me one of his best decisions was setting up his advisory committee.

But one of his biggest mistakes was getting rid of that advisory committee. Remember Glenn Roeder, and Owlstalk in meltdown because he was "lining himself up for the manager job"? Committee didn't last long. Was this because they were in conflict with the "advice" coming from Doyen? If only we'd had something to temper the influence of Doyen over the last 3 years...

Its certainly been a roller coaster since Chansiri took over, but I think, considering where we were, he's well into positive territory. Although I suppose how you're affected by pricing swings opinions.

16 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Talk about back handed compliments. Giving DC credit for getting SB, then maybe a rash gamble and not a well thought out plan. It will probably be financed by Chansiri, the club and fans to give us the best chance of getting promoted with a proven championship manager. Do fans need a personal phone call from DC to discuss every decision he and the club makes, no. 

Let's be thankful that things seem to be taking a turn for the better and give DC crefit for that. 

It's not a back handed compliment mate, it's simply giving credit for what I think creditworthy and not giving credit for what patently wasn't 

Unless you think wasting half a season is a plus point 

fair enough

We agree to disagree .

3 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Pitch? Tick

Academy? Big Tick

Bruce? Tick (hopefully)

And then.....

Sacking Grey

Appointing a charlatan 

Alienating fans

Player recruitment 

Losing the stripes

Losing the badge

Kit prices

Humongous debt

The narcissism 

The way some fans try and rewrite the events to suit is almost "beyond belief"

Guest Willow Owl
41 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

It's not a back handed compliment mate, it's simply giving credit for what I think creditworthy and not giving credit for what patently wasn't 

fair enough

We agree to disagree .

Fai

42 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

fair enough

We agree to disagree .

Fair point 

4 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

I agree that there are many negatives in Chansiri's time, but your list is a bit blinkered and biased. You did, however, miss the Radio Sheffield debacle.

If sacking Gray is a negative (I agree) and appointing Carlos is also a negative, then surely sacking Carlos and then Jos should appear in your positive column.

Appointing Katrien as Chief Exec is bad? What has she done wrong? I'm not sure what she does do, but just because she made mistakes elsewhere doesn't make her appointment a bad thing.

To beef up the pluses: how about...

catering improvement? A long way to go, but cashless has reduced queuing, and choice has improved.

a Wednesday pub?

a fan park? Well it's a start.

the best two seasons since mid 90s?

some of the best players at Hillsborough since late 90s.

To me one of his best decisions was setting up his advisory committee.

But one of his biggest mistakes was getting rid of that advisory committee. Remember Glenn Roeder, and Owlstalk in meltdown because he was "lining himself up for the manager job"? Committee didn't last long. Was this because they were in conflict with the "advice" coming from Doyen? If only we'd had something to temper the influence of Doyen over the last 3 years...

Its certainly been a roller coaster since Chansiri took over, but I think, considering where we were, he's well into positive territory. Although I suppose how you're affected by pricing swings opinions.

Thought it was balanced to be honest but thanks for remembering his short lived Radio Sheffield escapade.

I didn’t say getting Katrina was a bad idea, but her relationship with Charlton fans was toxic, really toxic, so why even take the risk unless she is outstanding? Yet to discover what big positive changes she has implemented but the turnover of non football staff at the club is a concern.

dont use the catering so can’t say one way or the other if it’s bettter and I think the pub is a good idea, although I doubt if it’s a revenue stream.

Did he sack Carlos? Thought he had gone to his boyhood premier league club prompting an early morning rant from Chansiri.

Sacking Jos wasn’t the hardest decision in the world but appointing him was reckless.

Best two seasons? One yes, every other was painful to watch, admittedly one of them did see us get to a playoff semi.

He has a lot to do to get into the positive column for me, and hopefully I will give credit where it’s due.

7 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Pitch? Tick

Academy? Big Tick

Bruce? Tick (hopefully)

And then.....

Sacking Grey

Appointing a charlatan 

Alienating fans

Player recruitment 

Losing the stripes

Losing the badge

Kit prices

Humongous debt

The narcissism 

I'm sorry, but you've just done exactly what you said others have done, in your opening sentence! 

So you didn't go to Wembley, where Carlos got us within 90 minutes of the prem? 

You didn't go to the 3-0 annihilation of Arsenal in the cup? 

You didn't go to the play off semi's V Huddersfield? 

You didn't enjoy the free flowing attacking football Carlos brought in that first season? 

Alienating fans? Sorry, but people alienate themselves by deciding not to attend or buy merchandise etc. 

I thought we had stripes back? 

Yes, he's made mistakes, as I'm sure you have in your life/job, the difference is you or I are not continually scrutinised 24/7 on social media, so they are easier to forget. 

Jesus christ, give the guy a break. 

2 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

I'm sorry, but you've just done exactly what you said others have done, in your opening sentence! 

So you didn't go to Wembley, where Carlos got us within 90 minutes of the prem? 

You didn't go to the 3-0 annihilation of Arsenal in the cup? 

You didn't go to the play off semi's V Huddersfield? 

You didn't enjoy the free flowing attacking football Carlos brought in that first season? 

Alienating fans? Sorry, but people alienate themselves by deciding not to attend or buy merchandise etc. 

I thought we had stripes back? 

Yes, he's made mistakes, as I'm sure you have in your life/job, the difference is you or I are not continually scrutinised 24/7 on social media, so they are easier to forget. 

Jesus christ, give the guy a break. 

No need for me to give him a break, you’re providing him enough slack for both of us, but life’s all about opinions so you entitled to yours.

I went to Wembley, good day out until we kicked off and then it went slowly downhill, but that happens.

i was at the 3-0 against a weakened Arsenal with the spine of Stuart Grays team, and it was a good night.

Unfortunately I did go to the Huddersfield play off semis. First one was one of the direst games I have ever seen. Second one was great until Fletcher was taken off just after scoring.

In my job, if I made fundamentally daft decisions repeatedly I wouldn’t be around long enough to have the chance reverse them, but then again I have had real jobs and am not playing with daddy’s money.

Guest Willow Owl
44 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Damn you...You agreeable fellow lol

poo , that wasn't meant for you. I disagree with everything you have ever said and done so there :biggrin:

1 minute ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

No need for me to give him a break, you’re providing him enough slack for both of us, but life’s all about opinions so you entitled to yours.

I went to Wembley, good day out until we kicked off and then it went slowly downhill, but that happens.

i was at the 3-0 against a weakened Arsenal with the spine of Stuart Grays team, and it was a good night.

Unfortunately I did go to the Huddersfield play off semis. First one was one of the direst games I have ever seen. Second one was great until Fletcher was taken off just after scoring.

In my job, if I made fundamentally daft decisions repeatedly I wouldn’t be around long enough to have the chance reverse them, but then again I have had real jobs and am not playing with daddy’s money.

You would if you owned the company.

I think its fair enough to say Chansiri has made mistakes...but its also fair enough to say he is trying to address them.

We ALL went along with the first and most of the second season, even at the expense of leaving some Wednesday fans behind, some had misgivings...a fair few didn't.

It was only when FFP raised its ugly head that we thought 

"oooh...He can't use all his money" and we quite rightly got a bit worried..chansiri and Co should have KNOWN FFP inside out...Thats a criticism, but Jesus!..They should have known it inside out!

Then the Questionnaire, then the Embargo...then Jos' fall out of favour...All valid criticisms of Delphjon Chansiri.

Wednesday fans aired these concerns...Chansiri didn't have to listen...Its his club he owns it, but despite the spat at the weeks leading up to the meeting, and the meeing itself...He has addressed those concerns, when he could have just told us to f.ook off.

So..He has gone up in my estimation...

I would honestly like to know where the cash has come from, or how it is being syphoned into the club, but I will have to take his word for it.

WE shouted for Jos out...he's out.....so fairs fair

8 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Pitch? Tick

Academy? Big Tick

Bruce? Tick (hopefully)

And then.....

Sacking Grey

Appointing a charlatan 

Alienating fans

Player recruitment 

Losing the stripes

Losing the badge

Kit prices

Humongous debt

The narcissism 

The amount of disrespect in this post is bordering on disgusting. You're exactly the type of fan Premier Dejphon doesn't want at Hillsborough, Negative and abusive. 

This charlatan he appointed was our best manager in decades, the ONLY manager in our history to guide us to back to back play off finishes.

On paper "Blakey" was a terrific appointment huge success in Germany but it just didnt quite work out.

What has the chief exec done wrong while here?

The vast majority of fans back him

Pricing Strategy which has seen us year on year increase season ticket sales and produce record numbers of replica kit sales

Player recruitment. Forestieri, Joao, Reach, Bannan, Pelupessy, Pudil, Wallace, Boyd etc. Im guessing you preferred Leon Knight and Lloyd Owusu?

The last time I looked we were playing in stripes?

The change of badge was very well received

As above, we have shifted record numbers of replica kits, which suggests they are excellent value.

Hes broken no rules with his club sponsorship so wheres the problem?

What is this humongous debt?

Ultimately it Mr Dejphon's club, hes funding it with his personal wealth so he can do with it as he likes. I suggest you start showing him a bit of respect and be thankful we have him as our owner or did your prefer the "glory days" under Dave Allen? Be very careful what you wish for. We are very lucky to have him as our premier.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You would if you owned the company.

I think its fair enough to say Chansiri has made mistakes...but its also fair enough to say he is trying to address them.

We ALL went along with the first and most of the second season, even at the expense of leaving some Wednesday fans behind, some had misgivings...a fair few didn't.

It was only when FFP raised its ugly head that we thought 

"oooh...He can't use all his money" and we quite rightly got a bit worried..chansiri and Co should have KNOWN FFP inside out...Thats a criticism, but Jesus!..They should have known it inside out!

Then the Questionnaire, then the Embargo...then Jos' fall out of favour...All valid criticisms of Delphjon Chansiri.

Wednesday fans aired these concerns...Chansiri didn't have to listen...Its his club he owns it, but despite the spat at the weeks leading up to the meeting, and the meeing itself...He has addressed those concerns, when he could have just told us to f.ook off.

So..He has gone up in my estimation...

I would honestly like to know where the cash has come from, or how it is being syphoned into the club, but I will have to take his word for it.

WE shouted for Jos out...he's out.....so fairs fair

Great post mate 

A few weeks ago there were a lot of sensible threads about his overall performance which is very poor.

now he has appointed Steve Bruce it appears this is all forgotten.

its not - but he has made a good decision in this instance and time will tell how we do going forward.

the appointment of Bruce is certainly not a fix-all and there are a lot of things he needs to put right before there should be talk of any real praise.