Any credit to Chansiri?

8 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

I know he gets a lot of stick on here, and much of it is justified.  But there hasn't been a Wednesday Chairman in my lifetime (or ever???) who has ploughed as much of his own personal wealth into the club and he seems to have learned from his mistakes in the managerial arena and gone for an experienced British manager.  He's also invested in the youth system after years of neglect to get us into a much sounder position.

Credit where credit is due? 

Just a shame he didn’t act sooner

I cant argue he has put a lot of money into the club but think for all the investment we have got nowhere near enough value for money out of it.

Think scoreboard and a decent pitch is minimum requirement and probably part of the deal when he brought the club.

My biggest bug bear is the price for everything, I really dont think he understands average working class supporter lives.

Think he has made the correct call making Bruce as manager and next 2 transfer windows will be interesting.

Yes, well done DC.

Getting rid of Luhukay was a wonderful early Christmas present.

I realise that there were a few on here like Lord Snooty who were deperate to keep Luhukay but thankfully the Chairman acted.

Now he appoints a manager who knows the Championship and has four promotions on his CV.

There are no guarantees appointing a new manager but Mr Chansiri has sought to minimise the risk as far as you can.

In my view he deserves great credit.

Yes the appointnent of Bruce is a positive move. However much of the criticism he has received in the past has been justified. The pricing structure of just about everything associated with the club, going through third party agents for players (and taken for a ride), taking away some of the tradition of the club (stripped shirts etc), lack of organisation around the club. 

He won't admit it but most of us can see he's made some horrendous business decisions so now we are back to square 1 after all the money he personally has thrown at it (thrown away may be more apt). 

Thanks for the investment DC lets hope you are now listening to the right people including the fans and making more sensible decisions. The first one was to employ someone who has experience in this league. If I were you I would now try and bring back the corporate side, rethink totally the pricing structure and put stripes on the back of the shirts as well as the front. Do these things and we will well and truly be on our way back and give credit to you.

Course he deserves credit. He's tried to get us promoted since he walked through the door. And still is doing. You can go over the pro's & cons until you're blue in the face, but the bottom line is, he's got the same ambitions as us.

All them prats on here pulling him & his methods to bits will have been at Wembley, singing along. They'll be silent for a while now though.

You know who you are. 'The whole club is a shambles from top to bottom' idiots. DC picks the team, blah blah blah.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, james o connor said:

He’s made far , far too many mistakes. I will give credit where it’s due but the vast majority some of big decisions , he’s stuffed up. I also will never agree with the disgusting pricing structure. 

He isn’t some sort of messiah , far from. If he does however , finally engage brain and make the right calls , then yeah He will get the respect he deserves 

Slight alteration and I totally agree with you.

Credit?...Therein lies the question...Are we in credit?

I will give him the utmost credit for trying, I will give him the utmost credit for listening to the fans regarding Jos, when he could have just been stubborn as f.ookery and not listened..Its his club...

Credit to DC for getting Bruce...but I honestly would like to know how its been financed, is it a rash gamble?

Is it a well thought out plan?

I honestly would like to know 

Eventually yes, let bruce do well and it'll look like a great appointment. Not sure we can afford to spend more money but so be it if we can, but again we don't go up we will be introuble so surely not worthy of praise if he's going to do that to our club. 

I think it’s a step in the right direction. But god knows the thinking behind it. Appointing Bruce on a big contract can’t help with our financial difficulties. Is it one last throw of the dice or does he have a cunning plan up his sleeve?

What happens next is what I’ll judge him on. But well done for getting rid of Jos and appointing experience. I’ve never questioned his heart, just some of the decisions have been baffling.

18 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

I know he gets a lot of stick on here, and much of it is justified.  But there hasn't been a Wednesday Chairman in my lifetime (or ever???) who has ploughed as much of his own personal wealth into the club and he seems to have learned from his mistakes in the managerial arena and gone for an experienced British manager.  He's also invested in the youth system after years of neglect to get us into a much sounder position.

Credit where credit is due? 

Absolutely spot on - I’d rather keep DC and instead lose a few hundred of the  ‘Sir Alf Ramsey know it alls’ that we have in our fan base.  They would really be no great loss whereas DC and his money, support and commitment would.

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Credit?...Therein lies the question...Are we in credit?

I will give him the utmost credit for trying, I will give him the utmost credit for listening to the fans regarding Jos, when he could have just been stubborn as f.ookery and not listened..Its his club...

Credit to DC for getting Bruce...but I honestly would like to know how its been financed, is it a rash gamble?

Is it a well thought out plan?

I honestly would like to know 

Talk about back handed compliments. Giving DC credit for getting SB, then maybe a rash gamble and not a well thought out plan. It will probably be financed by Chansiri, the club and fans to give us the best chance of getting promoted with a proven championship manager. Do fans need a personal phone call from DC to discuss every decision he and the club makes, no. 

Let's be thankful that things seem to be taking a turn for the better and give DC crefit for that. 

Guest Willow Owl
10 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Before piling on the praise, it might be worth waiting to see how all of this pans out. After all is said and done, all Chansiri has done is recruited a manager by paying them a vast salary to come to the club. It is either an act of genius or an act of desperation. Time will decide which of the two is correct. For all of the adulation, he's gone down the same route that Ridsdale followed at Leeds namely throwing substantial funds at a dream. 

I'm sorry that's just guff. 

How long do you give it to pan out as 100% of managers will at sometime or another leave or get sack from their jobs? 

You say all he has done is recruited a manager on vast salary. How else do you think you get a proven championship manager with 4 promotions on his CV, As a favour to his son who once played for us! 

The situation with Ridsdale is totally different as he took loans out against the club whereas DC is funding the debts himself. 

The negativity from sections of our fanbase i sometimes find very sad. 

50 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

I'm sorry that's just guff. 

How long do you give it to pan out as 100% of managers will at sometime or another leave or get sack from their jobs? 

You say all he has done is recruited a manager on vast salary. How else do you think you get a proven championship manager with 4 promotions on his CV, As a favour to his son who once played for us! 

The situation with Ridsdale is totally different as he took loans out against the club whereas DC is funding the debts himself. 

The negativity from sections of our fanbase i sometimes find very sad. 

And I'm sorry but I have never been one for sycophantic blind optimism. I have gone on record as believing Bruce to be a good appointment. He is exactly the type of manager needed and possibly the best we can get under the circumstances. But that alone does not mean it will turn out to be a good appointment. As I said in my post, only time can determine that.

What is more important is the effect that it has on the club if things don't turn out well. Is there financial contingency or is this really a Ridsdale style throw the lot at it and hope?

Congratulations if you are the type that can only see positive outcomes. I deal with investors on a daily basis because that is the line of business that I am in. I see more fail than succeed. Perhaps that builds scepticism into my psyche. Chansiri does not fill me with confidence.

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

And I'm sorry but I have never been one for sycophantic blind optimism. I have gone on record as believing Bruce to be a good appointment. He is exactly the type of manager needed and possibly the best we can get under the circumstances. But that alone does not mean it will turn out to be a good appointment. As I said in my post, only time can determine that.

What is more important is the effect that it has on the club if things don't turn out well. Is there financial contingency or is this really a Ridsdale style throw the lot at it and hope?

Congratulations if you are the type that can only see positive outcomes. I deal with investors on a daily basis because that is the line of business that I am in. I see more fail than succeed. Perhaps that builds scepticism into my psyche. Chansiri does not fill me with confidence.

Personally, due to the type of person i am. I have never felt the need to kiss anybody's arris or take to Sycophantic behaviour. 

Regarding SB appointment: What would you consider to be a positive or successful outcome? Bearing in mind that every manager no matter who they are will lose or resign their job. 

What exactly was the Ridsdale situation, and how is this relevant to how Chansiri is funding the club? 

I don't need congratulating for being positive it's just how i am. Same as you don't need commiserations for having a sceptical outlook. All about opinions but until something negative affects me directly then i will have a positive outlook. 

Luckily in my line of work (consultancy) i get to help make sure people return home to their families from work in good health so get a lot of job satisfaction. 

In my opinion Chansiri deserves the chance to see out what he has started. I will still have my season ticket no matter who is charge and no matter what league we are in. To me it's about seeing my mates, having a beer, catching up and supporting the Owls.