Any credit to Chansiri?

I know he gets a lot of stick on here, and much of it is justified.  But there hasn't been a Wednesday Chairman in my lifetime (or ever???) who has ploughed as much of his own personal wealth into the club and he seems to have learned from his mistakes in the managerial arena and gone for an experienced British manager.  He's also invested in the youth system after years of neglect to get us into a much sounder position.

Credit where credit is due? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

I know he gets a lot of stick on here, and much of it is justified.  But there hasn't been a Wednesday Chairman in my lifetime (or ever???) who has ploughed as much of his own personal wealth into the club and he seems to have learned from his mistakes in the managerial arena and gone for an experienced British manager.  He's also invested in the youth system after years of neglect to get us into a much sounder position.

Quite

3 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Yes. 

22 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Agreed

22 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Word

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Cosigned

Embarrassing some of the comments about him on here and other social media platforms over the past couple of years.

There’ll be some that refuse to acknowledge his efforts just like those that refuse to acknowledge the recent of efforts of Fox and Palmer. Once they’ve made their mind up that’s it 

2 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

I think anyone level headed can give chansiri credit where it is due, and also see where he has gone wrong. He has been widely criticised, some of it has been warranted and some of it discusting and over the top. The problem is, whilever he continues to make the obvious mistakes (doyen, ticket prices to name two) every positive action will always be met with a “yeah but”. 

He’s made far , far too many mistakes. I will give credit where it’s due but the vast majority of big decisions , he’s stuffed up. I also will never agree with the disgusting pricing structure. 

He isn’t some sort of messiah , far from. If he does however , finally engage brain and make the right calls , then yeah He will get the respect he deserves 

• Thanks 3

He’s made mistakes in the eyes of some of our fans... but that’s what happens when a club needs to go through a period of change. Up untill DC came the club was being on the whole maintained by its previous few Chairman.

When Stafford attempted some “minor” change some fans melted down.

When DA wanted to run the club profitably some fans melted down and it became toxic.

DC changes have been fuelled by huge investments .. massive process changes and cultural upheaval ... this type of change as not been seen on this scale at our club for the majority in living memory .. of cause mistakes have been made and of course some people have hated it!! That’s what happens when things change.

Change doesn’t always lead to better outcomes of course!

DC changes have come also in time when football as a whole as seen big process changes and this can’t be ingnored either.

Was DC the right person to lead the changes .. time will tell!

But yes he deserves a lot of praise!!, but not he’s not immune to criticism either! ( which he as seemingly embraced - moreso than any other recent chairman in total fairness!) 

His heart is in the right place, he's just a little naive at times. The bottom line is though, he's spent as much as he can, literally. Nobody else in our history can claim to have done that. It didn't pay off and that is the fine line between legend and failure to some fans. It's the social media age we live in. He's not perfect, and there are things he does that I disagree with, but yes, he deserves a lot of credit. 

Before piling on the praise, it might be worth waiting to see how all of this pans out. After all is said and done, all Chansiri has done is recruited a manager by paying them a vast salary to come to the club. It is either an act of genius or an act of desperation. Time will decide which of the two is correct. For all of the adulation, he's gone down the same route that Ridsdale followed at Leeds namely throwing substantial funds at a dream. 

I am concerned that when the chips were down and his back was against the wall he said he was putting the club up for sale and planned to walk away.  A bit like a mardy child really.  But I would rather him stay and carry on trying to reach his dream - even if his dream is to be adored by a large number of people, and winning promotion for SWFC is just one way of achieving that.

No one can question his financial backing of the club or the commitment he has shown. The question is what is the next step as we are in the biggest debt the club has ever been in and on the FFP radar. I hope it works itself out and DC takes us to the premier league then he really will be due some credit.