Team v Luton

3 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Why rest Westwood he's only played 3 matches in a year surely he needs more to get him up to full speed 

Normally I would disagree but there are far more merits to play Westwood than Wildsmith.

I still think Wildsmith will start though as current 3rd keeper with no game time this season.

The club needs to keep Wildsmith happy, and currently playing cup games is all they can give him.

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

Penney should be played left back or left wing back or not on the pitch at all right now.

The kid needs to have one role to learn to be an asset to the first team right now, not pushed from pillow to post.     Look what it did to Reach being shoved around the pitch for nigh on two years before he became the next best thing.

Fair shout. I was struggling to think of someone to play that left sided attacking role, other than Matias, who I think should be rested for this one. 

Who would you play there in that formation?

Guest domSWFC

I think we have to rotate. I'm sure Bruce will be watching so hopefully some of the players who aren't getting much game time will see it as an opportunity to impress. 

LINEUP111546469404122.png

5 hours ago, Rich_swfc said:

So what do we reckon the side will look like for the FA Cup tie then.... Would be good to see a couple of the other kids on the bench - maybe Borukov for a subs place?

Bruce and his staff aren't suddenly going to promote a young lad with no experience above u23 level and no squad number, into the full matchday squad. Yes he'll want to take a look at players close to full fitness or players that they've not seen much of, but that doesn't include someone I doubt they've heard about yet. Borukov has potential but it's going to take a while until Bruce or anyone else even has a good look at him in the u23s. 

8 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Penney

Matias

Pelupessy

Bannan

Boyd

Nuhiu

Winnall 

This. They're flying high in L1 and a cup run would be fantastic, let's not underestimate them... maybe Thorniley for Hector would be my only change... 

If we play Dawson, Penney, Baker, Thorniley in defence and they play their best side, I'd be surprised if they score less than four.

I imagine they are more interested in winning the league one championship than a cup run so I'm hoping they play their reserve side. 

We aren't going up so I'm hoping we take it seriously and play the side that started against Brum and played so well.  We might get Liverpool or one of the Mancs sides in the next round.  

Luton are second in League One FFS, I'd start paying them some respect and stop writing their managers team talk for him. 

A cup run could save our season so I'd be playing our strongest available side. As we have no idea about who has knocks it's hard to say who that is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George said:

Luton are second in League One FFS, I'd start paying them some respect and stop writing their managers team talk for him. 

A cup run could save our season so I'd be playing our strongest available side. As we have no idea about who has knocks it's hard to say who that is.

Not playing our strongest side is not  disrespecting Luton at all IMHO, if anything its disrespecting the F A Cup competition.

There have been numerous instances of teams putting out weakened sides over the years and I don't see any reason why this won't continue.

Whoever plays in the side on Saturday should be well up for it and looking to impress the new management team - everyone is starting with a clean slate, remember.

Got a full seven days until the next match + no real chance of going up or down + need for revenue from a cup run + still need to get some big players match fit = we should make minimal changes

Wildsmith

Palmer Lees Hector Penney

Hutchinson

Onomah           Bannan

Boyd       Winnall      Matias

Will Hector be allowed to play Don't forget he's a loan player and his own side are still in the cup. I know he's part of a large squad at Chelsea, but there could be the prospect of us beating Luton, and drawing Chelsea at home in next round.

19 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Will Hector be allowed to play Don't forget he's a loan player and his own side are still in the cup. I know he's part of a large squad at Chelsea, but there could be the prospect of us beating Luton, and drawing Chelsea at home in next round.

Good point, and will Rhodes be allowed to play for Norwich?

I’d rest Lees, Hector, Hutchinson, Bannan, Reach & Matais

Dawson

Palmer.            Thorniley.            Pudil.             Penney.  

Pelupessy.           Jones.          Boyd 

Abdi. :ph34r:              

Winnall.                     Nuhiu.    

Wildsmith 

Baker

Fox

Bannan

Reach

Matais

Fletcher

Edited by Box_Man

2 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

There have been numerous instances of teams putting out weakened sides over the years and I don't see any reason why this won't continue.

Because, in simple terms, Luton are decent side and could reasonably be expected to wee wee all over our second stream, let's face it, most of the Championship have done.