Team v Luton

So what do we reckon the side will look like for the FA Cup tie then, under (sort of) new management?

I am expecting either Wildsmth or Dawson in goal (Bruce will know all about Westwood anyway), and would think Baker, Thorniley and Penney might get starts at the back.  Maybe Pelupessy back in the middle and Winnall to get a start?  Would be good to see a couple of the other kids on the bench - maybe Borukov for a subs place?

Can't see any value in playing Reach, Bannan, Fletcher from the start.

Any player that plays on Saturday will be putting in a shift in an attempt to impress the new manager.

Baring that in mind, and the fact that we’ve played a lot of football lately I’d go with....

Dawson

Baker

Thornley

Pudil

Penney

Matias

Pelupessey

Jones

Preston

Winnall

Nuhiu

I'd make some changes. Not because I don't take the cup seriously but because I'd like Bruce and his assistants to get a good look at everybody in match action.                     

Wildsmith 

Baker            Lees              Thorniley       Pudil         

Boyd         Pelupessy          Jones     Penney

Joao       Winnall                

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Being mid table, surely there is no excuse for not playing our strongest side

No point playing a strong side and risking needless injury to key players in what is a nothing game.

Bruce's right hand men should take the opportunity to see for themselves what some of the youngsters can do - Thorniley, Penny, Baker etc.

Reach, Bannan etc deserve to be allowed to sit this one out.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rich_swfc said:

So what do we reckon the side will look like for the FA Cup tie then, under (sort of) new management?

I am expecting either Wildsmth or Dawson in goal (Bruce will know all about Westwood anyway), and would think Baker, Thorniley and Penney might get starts at the back.  Maybe Pelupessy back in the middle and Winnall to get a start?  Would be good to see a couple of the other kids on the bench - maybe Borukov for a subs place?

Can't see any value in playing Reach, Bannan, Fletcher from the start.

Play the best team and if we are winning comfortably, then think about conserving energy for key players. 

I’m not expecting Luton to be an easy game. 

Back four are beginning to gain some confidence and understanding: no change.

Rest Fletcher, Reach and Hutchinson.

Keep Boyd as he's getting some form too.

Are Joao and Onomah fit to play?

Dawson

Palmer, Lees, Hector, Fox

Onomah (or Matias), Bannan, Pelupessy, Boyd

Joao (or Winnall), Nuhiu

1 minute ago, York_Owl said:

Dawson

Palmer     Hector      Pudil    Fox

Pelupessy Jones

Boyd            Abdi      Penney   

Winnall     

Penney should be played left back or left wing back or not on the pitch at all right now.

The kid needs to have one role to learn to be an asset to the first team right now, not pushed from pillow to post.     Look what it did to Reach being shoved around the pitch for nigh on two years before he became the next best thing.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I’m not expecting Luton to be an easy game. 

Agreed, it will not be an easy game, just don't think a full strength side is appropriate for this one.  A mixture of youth and first teamers with some of the big players on the bench seems likely to me.

I haven't seen what sort of teams Bruce has put out for FA Cup matches in the past.