English manager

13 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Call me pedantic but Terry Curran was from West Yorkshire.

So were all Sheffielders at that time. The County of Yorkshire was divided into THREE RIDINGS (an ancient term for a THIRD PART) and Sheffield was part of the West Riding of Yorkshire. South Yorkshire didn't exist.

And if you want to be more pedantic, the Furness District, and almost half the Lake District lie within the ancient county of Lancashire.

If we had to be so parochial, very few of our players can claim any links to Sheffield, and we're not the only club. Football has become so global now that I believe that one match last season, man. City fielded a side without an Englishman in it.

A the ripe old age of 78, I have lived a larger part of that (70 yrs) in Derbyshire, and never in Sheffield. I still consider myself a Wednesday-supporting Yorkshireman.

• Thanks 1

Its a simple case  preference...Its got absolutely sod all to do with Xenophobia, racism or whatever...Its a simple preference....

Some fans think an English manager can get the best out of a predominantly English speaking squad...Its like a taste for something....

If you to a restaurant in town for a curry...and the majority fancy a Vindaloo, they are not racist cos a couple would prefer Singapore noodles FFS!.

I'm happier with Bruce than I would be with another Dutch bloke I never heard of....I would be happier if Zidane had decided to come instead of Bruce...I don't hate the Dutxch...I don't love the French...Its a bloody preference!!!