English manager

I don't think it's him being English as such, more the fact that he experience of the English leagues.  He understands the footballing culture that English players are brought up in. 

Obviously there are some terrific foreign coaches many in the top flight, but that is almost a different world. Where dressing rooms are built up of multinationals.  Our squad in the main is British with a smattering of Europeans. 

He's experienced at this level as both player and manager. It's the little things ...He'll know other managers, how they set up. He'll know the horrible grounds with intimidating crowds. It's little things that add up. 

He'll know and understand the importance of humour in the dressing room. Of a culture , if you want.

As for the press conferences..in the main I think they're a sodding waste of time. But if he's positive and has a laugh with the journalists they may be less keen to do hatchet jobs. Which in its self might not mean much but which we all know can cause a fog of gloom.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't think it's him being English as such, more the fact that he experience of the English leagues.  He understands the footballing culture that English players are brought up in. 

Obviously there are some terrific foreign coaches many in the top flight, but that is almost a different world. Where dressing rooms are built up of multinationals.  Our squad in the main is British with a smattering of Europeans. 

He's experienced at this level as both player and manager. It's the little things ...He'll know other managers, how they set up. He'll know the horrible grounds with intimidating crowds. It's little things that add up. 

He'll know and understand the importance of humour in the dressing room. Of a culture , if you want.

As for the press conferences..in the main I think they're a sodding waste of time. But if he's positive and has a laugh with the journalists they may be less keen to do hatchet jobs. Which in its self might not mean much but which we all know can cause a fog of gloom.

If he calls us Sheffield just once he can fooook-off though :biggrin:

8 hours ago, pressy said:

Great to get an english manager with a very good  record at this level and able listen to a press conference  in full english instead of the broken english of the two previous managers 

I know, I can hardly understand a word Bullen says. Bloody Jocks.

42 minutes ago, pressy said:

The game is overran with foreign  owners, managers ,players ,agents and so yes it does make a difference  on this occasion  to me to get an english manager with a good record at this level  

Comin o'er ere, tekkin our jobs...

:dry:

• Haha 2

It allows for proper emotions to get over.

Quite often Jos and Carlos said things that ended up with random meanings and intentions.

It can be fun for a while but nice to have a manager we can relate to much more closely.

11 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

I don’t care about press conferences 

I want a manager who knows how to get out of this division 

As a manager if they win games- you cant say anything wrong in a presser

If they can't win games, even the most charismatic manager will be scorned and ridiculed.

So what is said in them means feck all. They are just a sideshow to whet the appetite for the main event.

Edited by Beholder

3 hours ago, pressy said:

The game is overran with foreign  owners, managers ,players ,agents and so yes it does make a difference  on this occasion  to me to get an english manager with a good record at this level  

How many English managers have won the Premier League?