Jump to content


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

All our managers ever have been British/English, apart from the last two. And yes, we’ve had decade after decade of unmitigated successes. Shame foreign boy CC took us so close to relegation twice to ruin that otherwise clear run of uninterrupted glory.

 

:duntmatter:

Don't think he was referring to levels of success, rather that the new manager will be able to put his explanations of performances/ tactics more eloquently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Remember when 'Sir' Jack was manager and we signed Mirocevic, I could just imagine a conversation between Jack, Ante and TC.

Geordie, Slavian and South Yorkshire.lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pressy said:

Yes the Carlos who soon gets found out and is again unemployed

 

Oh I agree, not missing him - just can’t understand the ‘Englishman’ argument, it makes no sense based on 95% of our 150 years.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, fitz44 said:

Don't think he was referring to levels of success, rather that the new manager will be able to put his explanations of performances/ tactics more eloquently

 

Assuming he feels like telling the press/fans anything at all about tactics/squad selections. Lots of managers don’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Remember when 'Sir' Jack was manager and we signed Mirocevic, I could just imagine a conversation between Jack, Ante and TC.

Geordie, Slavian and South Yorkshire.lol

 

Call me pedantic but Terry Curran was from West Yorkshire.

Edited by matthefish2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

 

Oh I agree, not missing him - just can’t understand the ‘Englishman’ argument, it makes no sense based on 95% of our 150 years.

 

Think most fans can relate more to a English manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, pressy said:

Yes the Carlos who soon gets found out and is again unemployed

 

Maybe you need reminding that Bruce is unemployed until February.  

Will be both happy and surprised if he does as well here as Carlos.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

 

Think most fans can relate more to a English manager.

 

Hmm. Bit parochial though, isn’t it?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, pressy said:

Yes the Carlos who soon gets found out and is again unemployed

Yes, but not because he's not British

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

 

Hmm. Bit parochial though, isn’t it?

 

Yes it probably is a bit but thats many people from Sheffield isnt it?

Most people know who Steve Bruce is and he will have come from a similar background from many people who come to games.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the manager being British/English was that important, I am delighted with Bruce because he knows the league and will have contacts that will help us.

 

The best bit of Bruce coming in is that he's had a number of successes at this level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wouldn't surprise me if his first game isn't on Sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

 

Yes it probably is a bit but thats many people from Sheffield isnt it?

Most people know who Steve Bruce is and he will have come from a similar background from many people who come to games.

 

 

Speaking of Bruce's background, he has a very specific geographical connection with one of our previous managers, who, incidentally, also managed Sunderland as well. What is it, and who's the manager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pressy said:

Hope this was a joke 

 

WHOOOOOOOSH 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sova said:

 

Speaking of Bruce's background, he has a very specific geographical connection with one of our previous managers, who, incidentally, also managed Sunderland as well. What is it, and who's the manager?

 

Alan Brown?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

 

Maybe you need reminding that Bruce is unemployed until February.  

Will be both happy and surprised if he does as well here as Carlos.  

Maybe you need reminding that you blunts were giving yourselves blowjobs before Xmas last year...how did that work out?

 

lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pressy said:

Great to get an english manager with a very good  record at this level and able listen to a press conference  in full english instead of the broken english of the two previous managers 

 

3766D70E-DD8D-4256-ADF6-05532E6390D5.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

 

Maybe you need reminding that Bruce is unemployed until February.  

Will be both happy and surprised if he does as well here as Carlos.  

Why surprised  ?. Genuine question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

 

Alan Brown?

 

That's the one. Anyone for the connection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

 

Yes it probably is a bit but thats many people from Sheffield isnt it?

Most people know who Steve Bruce is and he will have come from a similar background from many people who come to games.

 

 

Well i’m from there too lol

 

But yeah fair enough - ah whatever, looking forward to seeing what he can do regardless of nationality!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×