Thanks to Mr Chansiri from all true Owls

Typical Wednesdayite OTT reaction. 

While I am pleased as anyone about the appointment, let us not forget one thing! We are all talking as though the appointment of Mr.Bruce has already guaranteed us top class football to watch, a winning team, promotion, the world.

Unfortunately, the appointment of a new manager and his crew will do nothing to achieve this. The only people who can do this are the PLAYERS. Results are the only thing that matters. This cannot be guaranteed by anyone. I firmly believe that we shall see better times under SB's management, but this is in my heart. My mind tells me he has an up-hill struggle against him. I do however wish him every success, and look forward to being a part..  

Listened to what was said and potted JL for an experienced Championship manager familiar with getting teams promoted from the division. 

Supported the return of our banished, senior, pros. 

Looking to make amends obviously. Well done Mr C.

No gaurentees of Bruce being a success but a good appointment for me.

But Chansiri IMO has taken 3 steps in the wrong direction for every one the right way over last 2 years. Think this will have to be the other way round for me to regain my faith in him.

Also lets not get too carried away making Bruce a legend before he has even picked 1 team yet but I am more optimistic about us on the field then I was 3 weeks ago.

49 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

DC cannot win, he pays out millions, takes some abuse and wants the best for the club.

What some of the so called fans have done is just beyond belief

Now lets get behind him, he has listened and appointed a good English manager who knows this league.  He cannot please every `fan'  who thinks they know best

Fans have the right to criticise especially some of the circus events that have happened here recently. I don't see how we are unique in that respect. 

Why so pesimistic ? no pleasing some folks Mr Chansiri has listened to the fans it takes a bigger man to admit he was wrong and change his mind. now hopefully he will look at the pricing structure and make it more affordable for all of us.

1 minute ago, DAMMOowl said:

Why so pesimistic ? no pleasing some folks Mr Chansiri has listened to the fans it takes a bigger man to admit he was wrong and change his mind. now hopefully he will look at the pricing structure and make it more affordable for all of us.

Are people being pesimistic? Would say 95% of people think Steve Bruce as manager is a good decision.

Guest gizowl

I don't think we have to say thanks, we do this now by showing a bit of respect, stop stamping on him, personal insults to him and his family, same with Steve Bruce, these stupid photos before he's started the job. Chansiri has learnt a hard lesson the expensive way, being too trustful with people who turned out to be sharks. With the appointment of Bruce he will learn how to run a football club properly from top to bottom, and spot the con artists in the game, when they come knocking. At the end of the day, he wants the same for our club as we do, and he also has the burden of finding the finance to do it. So let's stop all the personal jibes and turn up in numbers on matchdays and do our bit to push our great club back to the promised land. UTO. 

5 minutes ago, gizowl said:

I don't think we have to say thanks, we do this now by showing a bit of respect, stop stamping on him, personal insults to him and his family, same with Steve Bruce, these stupid photos before he's started the job.

Surely those photo shopped photos of Steve Bruce being a dinner lady etc are just a bit of harmless fun. Cant see why anyone would have any problem with them.

2 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Dc has done us another solid rather than chuck the towel in despite some of the overly harsh criticism he received, due mainly to other people wasting chunks of his money.

Bruce's appointment is a positive statement of intent and brings back alot of optimism imo 

English Motherf****r do you speak it ?

English Motherf.gif

Edited by daveyboy66

In chansiri we have a chairman ambitious enough and wealthy enough to be successfull

i applaud the fact he faced the fans during that time 

I get that he may have come across a bit Niave and a little too trusting in managers but with the right manager he’s a chairman that backs then and is not trigger happy and rash 

we are hampered by FFP not chansiri and whilst I think the last few years recruitment has been poor and we should have sold more and made changes earlier, and his pricing is a little high for us ( which I can understand ) he still shows the ambition 

Steve Bruce will hopefully bring a bit more stability to this 

I think this appointment shoes more ambition and willingness to change by our chairman and I think this alone needs more understanding and backing.

our club as been dire for years and we have a man clearly not in it for the quick book let’s back him supporting him and make him one of our own 

new start, come on mr chairman you have my full support

I really like the bloke - he brings a touch of humanity to a position that has brought us ego, power and control in the past - honest, passionate and caring (are some of the characteristics he brings to the table).

In all consideration, I can forgive him for his mistakes.  

Edited by AwokenGiant