Bruce's Record At This Level

That’s actually a very very impressive record. Better than I thought and without being disrespectful he’s done it with clubs not generally classed as big clubs. Be interesting to see how he will do with a massive club.

38 minutes ago, Eightace said:

He's a proper manager.

Not guaranteed to get us up but he's someone I feel could build something. Unlike Jos.

Villa fans are poo pooing the appointment but why not point to the times he's succeeded.

They were poo pooing him when we went and beat them in September

lol 

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:
  • Managed 230 games of Championship football
  • Win ratio of 50%
  • 4 promotions to the Premier League
  • Oh, and in 14 games against his sides, Wednesday have lost 9 and won 3 - so it also means we'll no longer be losing to his teams on a regular basis

Numbers.gif.e04730a4f72763c7e639aaaa1b0ec5a1.gif

It all adds up to a great appointment.

If he provides his experience and listens to the voice of owlstalk then were cooking on gas.

I believe that he's exactly what we need right now. 

This is a big job; one that and needs a steady hand to guide through what is likely to be a period of transition. 

He is a well-respected figure within English football and has a good record when it comes to promotions, recruitment and so on. 

Will he be the man to get us up? 

Who honestly knows, but our chances have increased tenfold from when Jos was here. Needless to say, I think we will be in a better position when Bruce sees out his tenure here. 

It's the best we could have hoped for. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Villa fans may come to regret, though probably wouldn't admit it. A bit like Ipswich fans...oh dear what have you done..:biggrin:

Yes they haven’t actually improved that much since Smith took over. Okay it takes a while to put a stamp on a team and sign your own players, but will Smith attract the same calibre as Bruce? Time will tell 

Villa fans complained about the playing style, but I think promotion in the championship is more important than style. 

Anyway, all clubs are different and Bruce seems to be the type of manager our club can benefit from right now 

6 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Wow he's managed less games in the Championship than I realised, incredible record that, 230 games is 5 full seasons and 4 of those were promotions!

So in 5 full seasons, that would be 4 promotions and a play off final last year? For some reason I keep seeing our fans say he isn't good enough?

A smart appointment. Bruce's record at this level speaks for itself. He's the best appointment we could have made out of what was available. He should be able to stabilise us with his experience and know how of the League. In the long run, Villa might come to regret not sticking by him and other clubs at this level might rue not grabbing him whilst he was available. Bruce's appointment to me looks like the smartest thing Chansiri's done during his reign so far. I'm delighted with this appointment because it's by far the best we could have hoped for in our situation and it points potentially to a return to brighter times.

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Villa fans complained about the playing style, but I think promotion in the championship is more important than style. 

TBF quite a few said the same here, though you can get away with it if flying high, mid-table and playing crap football bound to cause probs at any club with ambition.

Only 6 pts behind Villa at the mo and we have had a real long run of poor results. Bruce is probably far too professional to give a wry smile when we overtake them...but I would :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes they haven’t actually improved that much since Smith took over. Okay it takes a while to put a stamp on a team and sign your own players, but will Smith attract the same calibre as Bruce? Time will tell 

Anyway, all clubs are different and Bruce seems to be the type of manager our club can benefit from right now 

Exactly this mate they are a club on turmoil really. Style means nothing it's results and don't think Bruce would have got a 5 all draw with forest. Looks like tammy is going to wolves and wee pipe hair grealish is no where to be seen at the moment I personally think they will regret it in the long run