Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Only Colin has a better record at this level.

 

We've done well to get him and after Villa I think he feels he has a point to prove which has to be good for us.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


He's a proper manager.

Not guaranteed to get us up but he's someone I feel could build something. Unlike Jos.

Villa fans are poo pooing the appointment but why not point to the times he's succeeded.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s actually a very very impressive record. Better than I thought and without being disrespectful he’s done it with clubs not generally classed as big clubs. Be interesting to see how he will do with a massive club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Villa fans may come to regret, though probably wouldn't admit it. A bit like Ipswich fans...oh dear what have you done..:biggrin:

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

True.

 

I'm actually amazed that this has happened after Chansiri chose Carvalhal and Luhukay for his previous appointments.

Perhaps he can learn after all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Eightace said:

He's a proper manager.

Not guaranteed to get us up but he's someone I feel could build something. Unlike Jos.

Villa fans are poo pooing the appointment but why not point to the times he's succeeded.

 

They were poo pooing him when we went and beat them in September

 

lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:
  • Managed 230 games of Championship football
  • Win ratio of 50%
  • 4 promotions to the Premier League
  • Oh, and in 14 games against his sides, Wednesday have lost 9 and won 3 - so it also means we'll no longer be losing to his teams on a regular basis

 

Numbers.gif.e04730a4f72763c7e639aaaa1b0ec5a1.gif

 

It all adds up to a great appointment.

If he provides his experience and listens to the voice of owlstalk then were cooking on gas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, debram said:

If he provides his experience and listens to the voice of owlstalk then were cooking on gas.

 

Good God - if he listens to the many voices of Owlstalk, we'll be in trouble!

 

:duntmatter:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that he's exactly what we need right now. 

 

This is a big job; one that and needs a steady hand to guide through what is likely to be a period of transition. 

 

He is a well-respected figure within English football and has a good record when it comes to promotions, recruitment and so on. 

 

Will he be the man to get us up? 

 

Who honestly knows, but our chances have increased tenfold from when Jos was here. Needless to say, I think we will be in a better position when Bruce sees out his tenure here. 

 

It's the best we could have hoped for. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Villa fans may come to regret, though probably wouldn't admit it. A bit like Ipswich fans...oh dear what have you done..:biggrin:

 

Yes they haven’t actually improved that much since Smith took over. Okay it takes a while to put a stamp on a team and sign your own players, but will Smith attract the same calibre as Bruce? Time will tell 

 

Villa fans complained about the playing style, but I think promotion in the championship is more important than style. 

 

Anyway, all clubs are different and Bruce seems to be the type of manager our club can benefit from right now 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

 

Wow he's managed less games in the Championship than I realised, incredible record that, 230 games is 5 full seasons and 4 of those were promotions!

So in 5 full seasons, that would be 4 promotions and a play off final last year? For some reason I keep seeing our fans say he isn't good enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

 Apart from the rumoured salary......

 

Nothing...

Edited by slinger208b
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A smart appointment. Bruce's record at this level speaks for itself. He's the best appointment we could have made out of what was available. He should be able to stabilise us with his experience and know how of the League. In the long run, Villa might come to regret not sticking by him and other clubs at this level might rue not grabbing him whilst he was available. Bruce's appointment to me looks like the smartest thing Chansiri's done during his reign so far. I'm delighted with this appointment because it's by far the best we could have hoped for in our situation and it points potentially to a return to brighter times.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Villa fans complained about the playing style, but I think promotion in the championship is more important than style. 

 

TBF quite a few said the same here, though you can get away with it if flying high, mid-table and playing crap football bound to cause probs at any club with ambition.

 

Only 6 pts behind Villa at the mo and we have had a real long run of poor results. Bruce is probably far too professional to give a wry smile when we overtake them...but I would :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

 

Yes they haven’t actually improved that much since Smith took over. Okay it takes a while to put a stamp on a team and sign your own players, but will Smith attract the same calibre as Bruce? Time will tell 

 

Villa fans complained about the playing style, but I think promotion in the championship is more important than style. 

 

Anyway, all clubs are different and Bruce seems to be the type of manager our club can benefit from right now 

Exactly this mate they are a club on turmoil really. Style means nothing it's results and don't think Bruce would have got a 5 all draw with forest. Looks like tammy is going to wolves and wee pipe hair grealish is no where to be seen at the moment I personally think they will regret it in the long run 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×