Bruce's Record At This Level

Hugely experienced at this level, knows the Championship inside out, good track record. I think we're lucky to have him (although I bet some of us will complain that he's not good enough........)

A few weeks ago I really thought he was more likely to hold out for a better offer. I wonder how Chansiri persuaded him to come to S6? Apart from the rumoured salary......

41 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:
  • Managed 230 games of Championship football
  • Win ratio of 50%
  • 4 promotions to the Premier League

Wow he's managed less games in the Championship than I realised, incredible record that, 230 games is 5 full seasons and 4 of those were promotions!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Hugely experienced at this level, knows the Championship inside out, good track record. I think we're lucky to have him (although I bet some of us will complain that he's not good enough........)

A few weeks ago I really thought he was more likely to hold out for a better offer. I wonder how Chansiri persuaded him to come to S6? Apart from the rumoured salary......

I had a sneak peak at the newly refurbished Manager's quarters in Hillsborough after the forum

banner2.jpg.551526b8dfbe216505c024b1dfac5163.jpg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Wow he's managed less games in the Championship than I realised, incredible record that, 230 games is 5 full seasons and 4 of those were promotions!

Actually, I forgot to include the 41 games he managed in the 'First Division' before it was rebranded. 

It tips his win ratio up to 51%, then.

:duntmatter:

For the majority of his career, he's been a Premier League manager.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

And the other one a play off final although defeated. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/sports.vice.com/amp/en_uk/article/9axd38/the-ballad-of-steve-bruce-premier-league-punching-bag

Quite funny. Have a read if you’re on a train or the toilet. Or the toilet on the train.

Dont bother if you’re revising or operating heavy machinery or doing something else important.

Thought that was hilarious. 

I'm currently hunting down rare copies of Striker! Defender! and Sweeper! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:
  • Managed 230 games of Championship football
  • Win ratio of 50%
  • 4 promotions to the Premier League
  • Oh, and in 14 games against his sides, Wednesday have lost 9 and won 3 - so it also means we'll no longer be losing to his teams on a regular basis

Numbers.gif.e04730a4f72763c7e639aaaa1b0ec5a1.gif

It all adds up to a great appointment.

We couldnt have found anyone with a better CV at this level. 

1 hour ago, stocksyuto said:

Come on anyone taking the villa job was set up to fail to begin with in the championship, especially a only brim manager now managing a local rival , He probably wants to wash the stain of villa off his hands 

100%. Villa are a basket case at the moment, they'll end up like us 20 years outside the top division. 

Said that minute they came down and not seen anything to change my mind since.

1 hour ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/sports.vice.com/amp/en_uk/article/9axd38/the-ballad-of-steve-bruce-premier-league-punching-bag

Quite funny. Have a read if you’re on a train or the toilet. Or the toilet on the train.

Dont bother if you’re revising or operating heavy machinery or doing something else important.

"I would love a crack maybe one day at managing a big club, to try and win trophies," he said recently, speaking with an almost embarrassed smile. "But at the moment? I'm quite happy to plod along."

Welcome to Hillsborough Steve.