Ins and outs

SLOW DOWN FFS. 

Bruce sold players worth £60 million + when at Hull. Spending less than £16 million of it. *don't forget Hull also 'had' over £300 million from 2 promotions to prem during his time. 

Bruce sold £44 million, spent £30 million while at Villa. 

His track record at previous clubs suggests that he will be expected to do the same at Hillsborough. Sell for top dollar, use contacts to replace, hope to find a diamond. I fully expect big players to leave between now and August, with us spending a fraction of what we bring in. If that doesn't happen, I'll be more worried. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

In an ideal world I'd love us to get...

Connor Wickham on loan.

Milosevic permanently.

Dominic Iorfa on loan with permanent Summer move tied in.

Oliver Burke on loan.

Maybe ship out a couple on loan (or permanently if we can).

Then reality kicks in!

I think celtic are wanting burke on loan im sure ive read it somewhere

5 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

SLOW DOWN FFS. 

Bruce sold players worth £60 million + when at Hull. Spending less than £16 million of it. *don't forget Hull also 'had' over £300 million from 2 promotions to prem during his time. 

Bruce sold £44 million, spent £30 million while at Villa. 

His track record at previous clubs suggests that he will be expected to do the same at Hillsborough. Sell for top dollar, use contacts to replace, hope to find a diamond. I fully expect big players to leave between now and August, with us spending a fraction of what we bring in. If that doesn't happen, I'll be more worried. 

No he didnt. According to transfer market he had a net spend at both. 40 milion at hull and 21 million at villa. Not a net gain. Think they were the figures

16 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Elmohamady is a dreadful player

Having a few dodgy games against us doesn't make him a dreadful player.

He is the kind of fullback most have been crying out for on here for years.

Edited by Beholder

Just now, Beholder said:

Having a few dodgy games against us doesn't make him a dreadful player.

He is the kind of fullback most have been crying out for in here for years.

But he’s 31, and was never great defensively Have you seen much of him this season? He’s been absolutely awful. 

I would only sign players in January if they're players that are unlikely to be available in the summer if we don't sign them now (ie Alexander Milosevic) or the club anticipate another embargo (which seems not to be the case) and we need to get some players in for next season now. Otherwise I'd save the money until the summer, we aren't going up or down so give Bruce a few months with the squad as it is. I'd only loan someone in if it's someone we're looking to sign in the summer, or is to replace a position (ie if Baker goes out on loan then loan in another right back).

Just now, gurujuan said:

But he’s 31, and was never great defensively Have you seen much of him this season? He’s been absolutely awful. 

No I haven't seen him. 

I know villa fans want rid. 

But players don't just turn crap. If Bruce still wants to sign him, he must still have faith in him and that is good enough for me. 

18 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Pressume he must have some funds available.

I doubt he'd have come if he had to work under the conditions Luhukay did.

But where's it coming from?

show-me-the-money.jpg

Completely agree-bit perplexed

why he would take the job if there was no prospect of resources. That is at odds with everything that has come out from the club regarding FFP. Guess the only way things will ease is to sell players. Only way that would work would be for to trade our better assets :unsure:

10 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

In an ideal world I'd love us to get...

Connor Wickham on loan.

Milosevic permanently.

Dominic Iorfa on loan with permanent Summer move tied in.

Oliver Burke on loan.

Maybe ship out a couple on loan (or permanently if we can).

Then reality kicks in!

This but another right back as I really don't rate Iorfa think he's poor. Don't have any suggestions tho.

Athough Burke would be good if look to buy a central midfielder and use Reach out wide as a lot of our goals come from reach crosses.

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

No I haven't seen him. 

I know villa fans want rid. 

But players don't just turn crap. If Bruce still wants to sign him, he must still have faith in him and that is good enough for me. 

Well yes, if Bruce wants to sign him, we will probably end up with him. He just seems so much a liability in that Villa side at the moment