Ins and outs

I think we probably need a can of oil for hinges on doors as think it will be swinging a bit.

Depends on how serious for rest of season. If thinks we could sneak a place

He likes pace up front. I would take a chance on Oliver Burke. Also Stockley from Exeter is well regarded scoring goals and will be sold for £750,000. lots of interest in him but do not know how good he is so worth a look.

In midfield I would like to see us go for Ethan Ampadu. History tells us Hutchinson will not play every game and we need somebody who has a bit of power. I would also hope FF & Lee comes back from injury .and they return to best.

Defence is difficult not a great deal to choose from who would be available. It would not surprise me if we brought in Scottish player as Bruce seems to know who are decent players north of border. No idea on Milosevic but we do need a centre half.

I also think Genk have a couple of decent full backs and two decent central midfield players but probably out of our price range. 

Think he may try and swap players as well, Bannan for Hourahane  would work for me as we may be able to rekindle his partnership with Winnall. 

I would try and offload Jones, Abdi (medically retire), Nuhiu. and Van Aken. None of them going forward will be in a promotion winning team out of this division. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quist said:

I think we probably need a can of oil for hinges on doors as think it will be swinging a bit.

Depends on how serious for rest of season. If thinks we could sneak a place

He likes pace up front. I would take a chance on Oliver Burke. Also Stockley from Exeter is well regarded scoring goals and will be sold for £750,000. lots of interest in him but do not know how good he is so worth a look.

In midfield I would like to see us go for Ethan Ampadu. History tells us Hutchinson will not play every game and we need somebody who has a bit of power. I would also hope FF & Lee comes back from injury .and they return to best.

Defence is difficult not a great deal to choose from who would be available. It would not surprise me if we brought in Scottish player as Bruce seems to know who are decent players north of border. No idea on Milosevic but we do need a centre half.

I also think Genk have a couple of decent full backs and two decent central midfield players but probably out of our price range. 

Think he may try and swap players as well, Bannan for Hourahane  would work for me as we may be able to rekindle his partnership with Winnall. 

I would try and offload Jones, Abdi (medically retire), Nuhiu. and Van Aken. None of them going forward will be in a promotion winning team out of this division. 

No way can we swap Bannan for Hourihane, if Winnall wants to be reunited with Hourihane, then flog him to Villa Isn’t he a Villa fan anyway?

Guest Grez Bez
2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I think Cahill is a good shout. Talk on Radio 5 was that Chelsea are wanting a big clear out and Cahill is surplus.

He's off to Fulham

I've seen many players rumoured, but most common, full back, center back and forward. Hopefully if a forward comes in, someone will go, otherwise, there are already 5 at the club, with Rhodes on loan. 7 if Forestieri and Mattias are counted as forwards.

I'm just not sure who will take them. Is anyone going to take Jones, even on another free transfer? Would he agree to the 50-90% drop in wages that would surely require?

Need to keep our best players. I hope Bruce is looking at no player over 28. Max contract length in line to keep them at club up to 30 years old. Players with proven history of being able to play a full season. Fit, strong and athletic with speed are what we short of. I think if we can get 3 players in quickly we might scrape a promotion playoff place. Regardless of where we finish in the table for next season we need a major shake up. 3 or 4 players in the current team need retaining.Apart from the out of contract players come june FF can be sold for me. He been injury prone and has shown very little form when playing intermittently. Fox may fetch some money and is deffo not prem quality. I really hope Keiren Lee can get fit and earn a 1 year extension to his contract. Most fans realise the current team has far to many injury prone players and very few quality players who are prem team quality. Reach is about the only player who could play in prem. Selling him now would be a massive mistake.

• Like 1

Interested to see what he can bring in. 

He's always been able to recruit pretty well. Some Villa fans complain about him, but he signed some really good players for them during his time there. 

Recruited well at Hull too. 

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Interested to see what he can bring in. 

He's always been able to recruit pretty well. Some Villa fans complain about him, but he signed some really good players for them during his time there. 

Recruited well at Hull too. 

I hate villa. Ever since Big Ron went to them. I think Bruce spent well but the bigger more expensive players had taken more time to settle than he would have hoped. Villa fans seem to think they are better than they actually are. Bruce would have had more time at any other club than Villa. He still had a very poor start to the season. Much the same as we have.

7 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

He’s not Arry, but i suspect wheeling and dealing is part of the attraction of the job for SB.  He has his favourites but we can at least be grateful that for different reasons, John Terry

and Robert Snodgrass are unlikely to be among his recruits!!

Aww you stole my thunder. I would've added Alex Bruce to those two...:stuwinky:

In an ideal world I'd love us to get...

Connor Wickham on loan.

Milosevic permanently.

Dominic Iorfa on loan with permanent Summer move tied in.

Oliver Burke on loan.

Maybe ship out a couple on loan (or permanently if we can).

Then reality kicks in!

• Like 1