1st February

So whats the deal with this?

• Needs more time with his family?
  • Terms of Villa pay off means he can't manage another team until after January?

Overall I think its a good appointment but if we're treating it like he's doing us a favour and bending to his every whim isn't this a bit concerning.

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well all our manages have to be subject to their own conspiracy theory so this delayed start date should be enough to get the chins wagging.

So you don't think its in any way a bit weird/of concern/worth a mention/something to be discussed?

7 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

So whats the deal with this?

• Needs more time with his family?
  • Terms of Villa pay off means he can't manage another team until after January?

Overall I think its a good appointment but if we're treating it like he's doing us a favour and bending to his every whim isn't this a bit concerning.

Think second point is most likely.

I am encouraged we are going out of our way to get somebody with a track record rather than some geezer who nobody has ever heard off. 

Interesting but have noticed a drop off in posts from some on here who appear to have Agents interest at heart. This appointment may not suit them. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

So you don't think its in any way a bit weird/of concern/worth a mention/something to be discussed?

I'm sure I heard last week that he was due to have surgery on a long standing injury when he came back from holiday.

Though it has been Christmas boozy time and I may have dreamt it.

1 minute ago, beloved_aunt said:

It's certainly a topic. 

All we can do is speculate.

Best we can hope for is reasoned and considerate speculation. 

We won't get that. 

Be prepared for 'funny' theories and 'negative ' theories with the odd brave poster trying to talk sense. 

So as CAS would say ' Good luck in all your endeavors '. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Quist said:

I am encouraged we are going out of our way to get somebody with a track record rather than some geezer who nobody has ever heard off. 

Interesting but have noticed a drop off in posts from some on here who appear to have Agents interest at heart. This appointment may not suit them. 

Not suggesting you're wrong but name and shame. Coukd stir up some interesting rebuttals at least.  WTF:

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He's having an operation.

This makes a bit more sense, my first impression was that Bruce was a bit half hearted about taking over.

Still sticking our necks out a bit waiting another month for him but probably the right choice as last few results have steadied the ship and very likely to finish mid table anyway.

9 minutes ago, Quist said:

yeah they'll be a lot of " concerned " blades as well

lol 

Edited by daveyboy66