Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gbear05

3 Year Plan

Recommended Posts

I’m a natural organiser

A business plan make my heart sing. 

However this is football and more importantly The Championship!

The only plan (and directive) required is to get a (talented) squad to perform to its potential .

Its The Championship. Anything could happen.

.. and the play offs are possible this season. If we want it enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, billyblack said:

Sounds good apart from the financial constraints we have

We can still build a side on free transfer and loans you know.

 

Think we'll release most of out of contract players but some will have stay like Palmer. Especially if EFL put a 5 player restriction on us like they did Birmingham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like us to sign 3 or 4 promising league 1 and 2 players, younger with potential sell on value. Of course they won't all come good but to me that is lower risk than blowing our load on one or two 29 year olds.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, gbear05 said:

Throwing cash at a quick promotion hasn’t worked.

 

Cash was spunked on players who didn't improve the squad or even feature in the starting lineup.

 

I'm not suggesting we chuck a load of money in again, but I don't believe we ever really gave it a go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We can still build a side on free transfer and loans you know.

 

Think we'll release most of out of contract players but some will have stay like Palmer. Especially if EFL put a 5 player restriction on us like they did Birmingham.

Part of the financial constraints is around wages. Hopefully releasing the 9 or 10 players at the end of the season will help with that. We still need to find 13 million though or whatever the magic number is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Part of the financial constraints is around wages. Hopefully releasing the 9 or 10 players at the end of the season will help with that. We still need to find 13 million though or whatever the magic number is.

We'd only be under an embargo anyway if we broke FFP (and a fine) which the EFL have already set a precedent allowing Birmingham to bring 5 players in so we'd argue that hopefully and be ok.

 

Which is why it won't be as high as 10 players leaving but the high earners surely will. Which I guess of the out of contract crew are Hooper, Boyd, Abdi and probably Westwood and Lee. Maybe Pudil. Palmer, Matias etc won't be on more than 6/7k I'd have thought.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobness said:

 

Cash was spunked on players who didn't improve the squad or even feature in the starting lineup.

 

I'm not suggesting we chuck a load of money in again, but I don't believe we ever really gave it a go.

 

How would ‘really’ giving it a go differ to what we have already done? We spent more money than the rules allow.

 

You might not like what you got from Chansiri giving it a go and you would have a right to expect more. But hitting a transfer embargo has to mean that the chairman was ‘really’ giving it a go in his mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2019 at 14:11, SiJ said:

If you believe Nixon and a few others Howson), then :Chansiri:thinks we can still get promoted and is willing to back Bruce in January.

 

That worries me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gbear05 said:

 

How would ‘really’ giving it a go differ to what we have already done? We spent more money than the rules allow.

 

You might not like what you got from Chansiri giving it a go and you would have a right to expect more. But hitting a transfer embargo has to mean that the chairman was ‘really’ giving it a go in his mind.


Bringing in players capable of manning HMS Piṡs The League is how it would differ.

 

Again, I'm not saying we should do it, but even to the most objective observer, much of the money we "gambled" wasn't spent properly. Look no further than comparing the staring lineups of our playoff final, and our playoff semi-final the following year. We did not improve the squad.

Edited by bobness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone says they want a plan but come next year if we are mid table people will want Bruce out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2019 at 09:08, royalowlisback said:

I like the word planful.

It’s bigly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...