Breaking News STEVE BRUCE CONFIRMED AS NEW SWFC MANAGER

Good news, at last!

Disappointed not in until 1st February, but the 'personal commitment' must be important and sure he'll be involved behind the scenes. 

Pleased Bullen is retained, always conducted himself well and after the last few games proved he has something to offer as a coach. Shrewd move to retain someone in the coaching set up who is obviously respected by the players and knows them inside out...a good conduit between the players and new coaching team.

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, BIG D said:

Why do people keep saying that he’s missing the transfer window? lol

Have they never heard of fax machines ffs!

And telexes!

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am glad Steve Bruce is going to become manager would have been my first choice of realistic candidates.

Not sure I would have waited until 1st February but will wait and see what happens.

In a way its refreshing that we are looking to the long term for a change. DC could easily have panicked and gone for a chancer like Jos who has been unemployed for 18 months and can start right away. 

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think it may be more personal reasons - possibly promised his family he'd take a decent break after Villa, and maybe wants to get settled with a property in the area rather than commuting or living out of a hotel room.

No chance. The bloke is on £2m s year. You don’t get a month to trail round estate agents and meeting the locals on money like that. 

My money is on us having to pay Villa compensation if he signs for another club before a certain date. 

• Thanks 1

Proper manager at this level 

can only be a good thing 

I think the fact that we are willing to wait too means we’ve got our man and number one target 

there must have been lengthy conversations about the future for both parties for us to be paying ( allegedly) him the money, backing him and wIting for him 

I think if anything we will get a better structure to our first team more stability and a better understanding for the chairman on first team matters 

we’ll done chansiri,great appointment 

what happens if we win all our games before he arrives......Bruce out? 

• Like 1

Guest LittleG

Playing Devils Advocate here, but are people really pleased that Bruce is coming or are they just pleased that it is anybody but Jos.  

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

Playing Devils Advocate here, but are people really pleased that Bruce is coming or are they just pleased that it is anybody but Jos.  

Cant see any reason why anybody wouldnt be happy with bruce

3 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Anybody with decent experience of this league and how to succeed in it 

Plus the other names doing the rounds were not great. 

Any appointment is a risk - that is football 

2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

The options - proven managers - were quite few at the moment. I like that he has a lot of connections and now probably has the chance to strengthen the team his way. It's going to be a very interesting second half of the season.

All in all, in our situation, a safe and sure choice is much better than a big risk unknown signing.

Good news this and don't mind the 1st Feb. Agree think it must be a contractual thing, compromise agreement etc. Last thing we need is having lawyers distracting things.

As pointed out coaches will be doing their stuff on a day to day basis and sure he will be running the show in the background.

From doom and gloom 3 weeks ago to a Happy place. Funny old game!