Breaking News STEVE BRUCE CONFIRMED AS NEW SWFC MANAGER

5 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

I’m going on the comparison with BFR .... good times coming and some ace postmatch interviews! 

Welcome to ‘The Wednesday’ Mr Bruce. 

I’m looking forward to his post match interviews as well, jos sounded terrible to me I listen to his first presser then never again after that

Edited by stocksyuto

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

:duntmatter:

You're obsessed with United.

Who cares what their fans think of our manager?

That's the kind of myopic mentality I expect of their fans, not ours. Whilst some United fans might think he's a decent appointment, I'm sure the vast majority of their fanbase couldn't give two hoots who we appoint whilst they're busy chasing promotion.

Are you kidding? I've had more pigs send me messages about this than anything in the last 2 years. It's proper rattled em for some reason. The reason is probably because they hate Wednesday 1st, like United 2nd. We are their reason to exist. We formed them. We define them. Without us they'd have nothing. Our biggest failures are what they class as their greatest successes and memories. They have nothing good to look back on so they look back on our history and take pleasure in our sorrows. The vast majority of their fanbase is more bothered about this than what they're doing in the league at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Are you kidding? I've had more pigs send me messages about this than anything in the last 2 years. It's proper rattled em for some reason. The reason is probably because they hate Wednesday 1st, like United 2nd. We are their reason to exist. We formed them. We define them. Without us they'd have nothing. Our biggest failures are what they class as their greatest successes and memories. They have nothing good to look back on so they look back on our history and take pleasure in our sorrows. The vast majority of their fanbase is more bothered about this than what they're doing in the league at the moment. 

I'm sure some of our fans find it reassuring to believe that.

Even if it were true, I'm still not sure why we're supposed to care what they think.

Unlike the chap to whom I was replying, I think Bruce is a great appointment because of what he'll offer to Wednesday, not because of what it might mean to some small-minded United fans.

17 hours ago, LittleG said:

Playing Devils Advocate here, but are people really pleased that Bruce is coming or are they just pleased that it is anybody but Jos.  

Theres definatly a small part of that.  With also genuine relief due to the random nature of the previous manager.

Like Wednesday fans that have been in two relationships that have ended horribly and they have just found someone who looks normal (not asthetically that is)

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

29 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Anyone forgetting villa almost went bust when he left them, couldnt pay players wages etc.... Some people are saying he made them money when he was there, and Hull, no he didnt. I doubt making money means you are unable to pay staff.

I doubt it's Bruce who decides on transfer sums, wages etc, Villas owner is very similar to ours with no football knowledge and a bucket of cash. They nearly went out of business because the owner couldn't get his funds out of China in time I believe. 

I think if you give most managers an open cheque book and you the chairman have no experience you end up in trouble. Hopefully Chansiri is learning that if he buys he needs to sell etc.

30 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Anyone forgetting villa almost went bust when he left them, couldnt pay players wages etc.... Some people are saying he made them money when he was there, and Hull, no he didnt. I doubt making money means you are unable to pay staff.

Don't you just love people who post BS for the sake of it. Pig troll windup or FUD?

Villa didn't nearly go bust when he left them at all, the Villa chairman funded the club each month by transferring £xM from China to the UK, that covered all expenditure. The Chinese government suddenly decided to change the rules on Chinese nationals transferring large sums of money overseas so the Villa chairman couldn't transfer the money out required to pay all bills/expenses, thus he sought out a partner and sold a part share in the club.

Now sure Steve Bruce is a pretty powerful, influential guy but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the influence to tell President Xi Jinping not to let people transfer money overseas...

Finally a manager who knows how the league works, someone who knows how to gain promotion from it, can attract decent players and a manager we should all get behind.

time to put the past to bed and let’s look to the future.

good luck Steve Bruce, you have my 100% support.

19 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Don't you just love people who post BS for the sake of it. Pig troll windup or FUD?

Villa didn't nearly go bust when he left them at all, the Villa chairman funded the club each month by transferring £xM from China to the UK, that covered all expenditure. The Chinese government suddenly decided to change the rules on Chinese nationals transferring large sums of money overseas so the Villa chairman couldn't transfer the money out required to pay all bills/expenses, thus he sought out a partner and sold a part share in the club.

Now sure Steve Bruce is a pretty powerful, influential guy but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the influence to tell President Xi Jinping not to let people transfer money overseas...

They did nearly go bust. No wind up..

20 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Oh and he didnt come out making money on transfers either

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Fuck all to do with Bruce. I suggest you go and take your agenda elsewhere.

Dr Tony Xia, the owner and chairman, is alleged to be struggling with cash-flow issues in China, which restricts the distribution of money leaving the country. There is no suggestion that Xia is struggling financially.

Edited by uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Might have been something to do with Di Matteo spending 55million don't think much was left for Bruce ..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kazads said:

Might have been something to do with Di Matteo spending 55million don't think much was left for Bruce ..

Di matteo took over in June 2016. In the season 15/16 they spent 66 million euros but also raised 64 million euros in sales. Bruce took over in oct 16 and in 16/17 they spent 86 million euros and recouped 45 million euros, net spend of 40 million euros. In 17/18 there was a net gain of about 14 million euros, 3 million in purchases and 17 million in sales.

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Shut up you mug as if Bruce had anything thing to do with villa and their wages, maybe if that chairman hadn’t have bought 15 players every single transfer window they would be better

Edited by stocksyuto