Breaking News STEVE BRUCE CONFIRMED AS NEW SWFC MANAGER

Just now, FinnishOwl said:

Bruce already has a shopping list. The other Steves have not been at the matches just for fun.

Absolutely he does not have to be at the club to initiate transfers, he has many contacts in the game, sure he will have a wish list .

1 hour ago, Spudvegas said:

Honestly mate you need to bore off with your PC nonsense. If you want to have a serious discussion in your safe space where nobody uses any gender specific pronouns then maybe you should start commenting exclusively on guardian articles and private momentum groups on Facebook. :carlos:

Congratulations - proven one of my points for me. I voice an opinion, granted not all will agree - but you have the intelligence I expected to have a personal snipe at the poster....well done. 

Lets be clear though. Firstly, we’re not mates. Secondly, nothing I mentioned had anything to do with Political Correctness.....purely a form of bullying and personal abuse, whether the individual concerned views it or not. But if in your simple mind me voicing concern at people fat shaming others, or indeed making fun of their physical appearance then I’m more than happy to be ‘PC’ as you put it.

Absolutely delighted with this now it's confirmed. Was starting to think summat had gone wrong so good to get it all signed and sealed. 

Steve Bruce has a fantastic cv and more experience in this league than pretty much any other manager we could get or want. He has plenty of contacts in the game and players will want to play for him. Managers will see him as a safe pair of hands for loan players. He will help raise the profile of the club in the short term. He won't have a problem with our players regarding wages etc, he's dealt with bigger egos in the past. He can show them a list of achievements as long as his arm should anyone question him. He has been there and done that on numerous occasions. 

If he comes in, gets on side with the fans and rides the wave he could surf us all the way to where we want to go. This club is a true sleeping giant. The pigs know it which is why I've already had a few taking potshots about him. They know he can turn us around and they'll be bricking it that their 2 seasons in the sun will be all they have to look back on. 

Welcome Steve Bruce. You could become a legend here. Please do. 

12 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Absolutely delighted with this now it's confirmed. Was starting to think summat had gone wrong so good to get it all signed and sealed. 

Steve Bruce has a fantastic cv and more experience in this league than pretty much any other manager we could get or want. He has plenty of contacts in the game and players will want to play for him. Managers will see him as a safe pair of hands for loan players. He will help raise the profile of the club in the short term. He won't have a problem with our players regarding wages etc, he's dealt with bigger egos in the past. He can show them a list of achievements as long as his arm should anyone question him. He has been there and done that on numerous occasions. 

If he comes in, gets on side with the fans and rides the wave he could surf us all the way to where we want to go. This club is a true sleeping giant. The pigs know it which is why I've already had a few taking potshots about him. They know he can turn us around and they'll be bricking it that their 2 seasons in the sun will be all they have to look back on. 

Welcome Steve Bruce. You could become a legend here. Please do. 

.......and be quick about it! lol

Edited by Dronfield Blue
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

No chance. The bloke is on £2m s year. You don’t get a month to trail round estate agents and meeting the locals on money like that. 

My money is on us having to pay Villa compensation if he signs for another club before a certain date. 

Ex chairman Lee Strafford reacted positively to your post so I think you must be right.  Makes sense.