Breaking News STEVE BRUCE CONFIRMED AS NEW SWFC MANAGER

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wonder when the press conference will be where he is presented to the media. Will be interesting what he has to say. 

If he’s in Sheffield today with DC I would have thought/hope tomorrow 

2 hours ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Breaking news Steve Bruce will take charge of Sheffield Wednesday coming soon very soon sometime in the near future in the months and weeks to come he will take the reins coming soon in 2020

It's the agreed transition period.

Keeping Bullen is the backstop.

What's the issue?

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

So does the February 1st start date make people think it is because of family commitment (although I thought Barbados was that) or maybe that he has something with Villa that means he can’t manage another team until that date. 

Knee surgery been told!

2 hours ago, vulva said:

No chance. The bloke is on £2m s year. You don’t get a month to trail round estate agents and meeting the locals on money like that. 

My money is on us having to pay Villa compensation if he signs for another club before a certain date. 

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Good news this and don't mind the 1st Feb. Agree think it must be a contractual thing, compromise agreement etc. Last thing we need is having lawyers distracting things.

As pointed out coaches will be doing their stuff on a day to day basis and sure he will be running the show in the background.

From doom and gloom 3 weeks ago to a Happy place. Funny old game!

Knee surgery told this am!

2 hours ago, vulva said:

No chance. The bloke is on £2m s year. You don’t get a month to trail round estate agents and meeting the locals on money like that. 

My money is on us having to pay Villa compensation if he signs for another club before a certain date. 

Simon Jordan calls them Indemnity clauses, where a club pays compensation to a manager and if he gets another club before a certain date it has to be paid back. 

14 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Already succeeded in my book, the pig fans are totally peaced off no matter how much they’re trying to hide it by going on the offensive and that has to be worth it already 

:duntmatter:

You're obsessed with United.

Who cares what their fans think of our manager?

That's the kind of myopic mentality I expect of their fans, not ours. Whilst some United fans might think he's a decent appointment, I'm sure the vast majority of their fanbase couldn't give two hoots who we appoint whilst they're busy chasing promotion.

15 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Still havnt forgiven him for that 155th minute goal in 1995 at Old Trafford.lol

The blighter.  Only two years after the 97th minute goal that won them the league in 1993 as well!

What with doing that.... and managing Blades.... and Beating us at Wembley with Hull...... we've got LOADS of ammo to use against him if it all goes t1ts up.

• Haha 2

Be interesting to see what he changes.

..we look pretty settled at the moment but if he can add an extra 10% we could have a pretty good second half of the season.

I thinks it’s right it plan without Hooper and Lee - if they come back it will be a bonus but Winnall back could be a real bonus if he stays fit.

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am glad Steve Bruce is going to become manager would have been my first choice of realistic candidates.

Not sure I would have waited until 1st February but will wait and see what happens.

Look North have just said that the two assistants will take charge until Feb 1st. Only justifiable reason for this is to allow the Bruce team to make changes in personnel this month. Otherwise would not be keen on disturbing Bullen for two assistants.

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Blades will be smarting over this one. No matter how well they do will always be overshadowed by us. 

Can see them now complaining to Sky how they didn't get major coverage when King Wilder was appointed...

Can't wait for wilder to mention the "gap", no, not that one, I mean the "pay gap", think he's on minimum wage so he's not going to be pleased.