Ground Sold !

3 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

I'll go with this, too much bacon flying around these days, they really are transfixed with us, when they should be just enjoying the ride they're on at the moment, cos it waint last.

Agree - I very very very much doubt any foundation to this romour.

• Thanks 1

To be fair to the OP, I heard that this was one of a long list of things that DC was looking at to try and solve the P&S problem. This was around the time of the first fans forum this season. Not sure £30m is an accurate valuation, and as far as I know it wasn’t pursued. Unless the idea is being revisited.

9 hours ago, fatbloke said:

Heard from a good sorce Mr C has sold ground to family member for £30 mill ,thus clearing debts and providing Mr Bruce with funds for transfer window !

Just to add further legs to this theory.

I sit near the subs bench, Chansiri is always around the dugout when he's in town. He's very proud to lead the team out and show his support. However yesterday, He wasn't around the dugout at all (which is significant). Walking towards the concourse before HT, took a quick look over the Executive box and indeed, he did have alot more family over than normal.

Steve Bruce would not take this job without an ambitious owner.

Chansiri will not sell players to balance the books.

Selling the stadium to someone extremely trustworthy, is a very logical next step to increase revenue and work around FFP.

As others have said, regardless of whether or not this is a good thing for SWFC (and I think the jury’s out on that, if it proves to be true), it just goes to prove the hypocrisy that is P&S, Profit & Sustainability lest we forget.

How rules can be established on the premise of making clubs more financially responsible yet can be circumvented by financially irresponsible / unsustainable decisions is beyond me.

This may or may not be in Chansiri’s thinking but for me this obviates the need for a complete review and overhaul of P&S rules that are clearly unfit for purpose.

I know we are only talking hypothetically on here about selling Hillsborough and just discussing a rumour but would be really, really uneasy about going down this road.

I know people would argue its to a trusted family member and just a way to get round FFP rules but my intuition tells me it would not be a straight forward as that. Selling the ground to fun 3 or 4 big signings is just not the way forward.

Yes I want to see Wednesday get to the Premier league but think this would be a gamble too far. 

• Like 1

If true and if it’s family, let’s hope it’s family who are simply doing a favour and have no interest in the land of using it as a bargaining chip with him as that would create a bigger issue than the share split that made the Milan deal so difficult.

The common sense approach would be to sell a couple of players, sit tight and go again next season if we can.

11 hours ago, gillyno9 said:

See what pans out........ no point insulting people for sharing things they have heard. I heard an interesting story on what really happened between jos and Sam Hutchinson....... might share it tomorrow.

A fishing trip,  like in Gavin And Stacey? 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

As others have said, regardless of whether or not this is a good thing for SWFC (and I think the jury’s out on that, if it proves to be true), it just goes to prove the hypocrisy that is P&S, Profit & Sustainability lest we forget.

How rules can be established on the premise of making clubs more financially responsible yet can be circumvented by financially irresponsible / unsustainable decisions is beyond me.

This may or may not be in Chansiri’s thinking but for me this obviates the need for a complete review and overhaul of P&S rules that are clearly unfit for purpose.

Great post.

I understand the need for some kind of regulation, but the current system is unworkable. While clubs with parachute payments are allowed to spend way beyond everyone else, it creates an unfair system which encourages desperate practices in order to try and even the playing field.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Great post.

I understand the need for some kind of regulation, but the current system is unworkable. While clubs with parachute payments are allowed to spend way beyond everyone else, it creates an unfair system which encourages desperate practices in order to try and even the playing field.

Yes. Clubs are put into an administration type situation for having cash to spend in a loss making industry that relies on willing owners to prop the whole thing up. Even a 1m quid loss is unsustainable so why is 39m ok but not 45m for example? The key should be that debts are not laden on clubs and should be written off.