Ground Sold !

9 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Reverted to previous badge

We currently play in stripes

I have seen no evidence from a credible sold to suggest Chansiri is selling the ground

Thankfully this is true.

8 minutes ago, dnhc said:

the answer to this is it will either be passed by the FL or refused, if the latter, it would then I expect be challenged. 

but on a more local level, perhaps all those objecting strongly to the matter could either get together and buy the club, or even just the ground, and then they're in total control, and would be posting on behalf of their own financial interest, instead of someone else's whom they are merely a consumer of a product he sells. 

So no one is allowed to express an opinion on the running of a football club on a public internet forum?

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

Maybe to the company T.U.F

I presume you mean Thai Union Group. If they fancy a shareholder rebellion at the next AGM, T.U.G. will enter into such an agreement. Though I am fairly extremely confident that won't be happening.

53 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

To learn for the future

It’s a completely daft idea but obv you just want to see us spend money on players in the hope it works and we get to the prem

Not at all

Also, it's not you that has to learn, it's DC and the pending appointment of SB alone shows he is learning

52 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

The rules are there to stop clubs going to the wall. Not for owners to manipulate and accrue more debt.

But if the EFL allowed owners to put in what money they want (not as loans) what is wrong with that?

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

But if the EFL allowed owners to put in what money they want (not as loans) what is wrong with that?

Then what happens if the owner does this to an extent that the club cannot sustain itself (ie honour contracts) without further money from the owner, but the owner cannot/will not put any more money in? Would seem to negate the whole point of having sustainability rules.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Then what happens if the owner does this to an extent that the club cannot sustain itself (ie honour contracts) without further money from the owner, but the owner cannot/will not put any more money in? Would seem to negate the whole point of having sustainability rules.

tbf losing £13m a year isn't really that sustainable if the money guy fizzes off. 

1 minute ago, southportdc said:

tbf losing £13m a year isn't really that sustainable if the money guy fizzes off. 

Definitely not but I’d say a certain level of loss can be recouped in a shortish amount of time through player sales and contracts ending etc. The league have set that at £13m. Whether you agree with that figure or not it’s definitely more likely to be sustainable than letting an owner just do whatever they want.   

26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

As unpalatable as it will be to some, I envisage we will move to a more modern stadium, if and when we get to the top flight. Maybe even a purpose built Sheffield stadium which we may end up sharing with our neighbours

Works for other clubs, makes sense in lots of ways

15 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

They can put in as much as they want can’t they? The issue is that not all of it is offsetable re Profit and Sustainability. That’s how it was as I understood it. 

16 hours ago, frastheowl said:

I am happy to be correct, but I'm not sure how Hillsborough would be anywhere near a value of £30m. 

Seems a ludicrous over-valuation. 

Just sold a small plot of land near me for £1.7m. Plans for 12x 4 bed houses that will sell for £280-£320k.

30 million for Hillsborough is about right. Houses would need to be on stilts mind. 

1 minute ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Just sold a small plot of land near me for £1.7m. Plans for 12x 4 bed houses that will sell for £280-£320k.

30 million for Hillsborough is about right. Houses would need to be on stilts mind. 

Be reyt just don't tell any one 

• Haha 1

Tricky one this.

I'm not sure what to make of it at all.

IF the ground is sold it will surely have to be shown in the accounts as "extraordinary income" as it is not a normal trading asset of the business in the way that players are for example.

I have no idea how the P & S rules treat extraordinary items and I have no intention of ploughing through them to find out, but what I do know is that I would be uneasy with such a deal for a whole host of reasons, the main ones being that it can only be done once and if the income is allowable against P & S calculations then any future repurchase must surely have to be accounted for as expenditure?

In that case I couldn't begin to imagine where we could ever generate the income required to facilitate the repurchase, and whilst I may be being overly sentimental I believe that owning our own ground is a key part of the connection between club and fans. It gives a sense of permanence and solidity.

It smacks to me of the actions of a gambler having one last desperate throw of the dice in the wild hope that he hits the jackpot, and if he doesn't get that jackpot I just don't know what he can try next.

I'm worried.

22 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Fair point, trust funds held by the FA could get around that maybe?

Alternatively. my original idea to fix the game long term is restricting the number of player registrations can hold at different age groups. That would prevent the likes of Chelsea sending out 40 odd players n loan and asking for £40m for a player that's hardly played a top level game for them