Ground Sold !

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

isn't it strange that just before the forum certain posters on here were frothing at the mouth demanding that DC leaves. Now with Bruce appointed, on an unbeaten run against some of the teams in the top 7 the same people pile into news that the Chairman is raising funds to help our new manager...I wonder why that is ?  

lol 

And round and round it goes. 

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

isn't it strange that just before the forum certain posters on here were frothing at the mouth demanding that DC leaves. Now with Bruce appointed, on an unbeaten run against some of the teams in the top 7 the same people pile into news that the Chairman is raising funds to help our new manager...I wonder why that is ?  

lol 

I wonder too. Why is it? 

6 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

The rules are there to stop clubs going to the wall. Not for owners to manipulate and accrue more debt.

Some fans seem to have bought this line from DC that FFP/P&S is some inconvenient stumbling block put in place by the EFL to stop us spending to his (supposed) limits.

As you say, the rules are actually put in place to prevent owners gambling with the long term future of football clubs; yet some seem happy that he's ''found a way round it''.

If we had been run in an extremely efficient fashion for the last 3+ years yet found it impossible to compete then I may have a slightly different opinion on the matter.

However, considering the whole corporate and commercial operations are still a dog's dinner, we have failed to realise the full value of any of our saleable player assets, and we have spent over the odds in transfers and wages for modest improvements, I'd like to think there are plenty of areas of improvement to look at before selling off our home to introduce short term capital.

This all just sounds like the latest throw of the dice from a regime without a progressive strategy.

3 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

lol

Jesus wept

Yes someones going to take the Stadium and invest millions in upgrading it, absorb all the running costs and do it all at a loss for little old Wednesday
Do you hear yourselves?

I know you're upset...probably didn't want  johnny foreigner buying our club in the first place but... DC said he wasn't developing the ground until we got into the Prem...he's raising money for a war chest for Bruce to try and get us promoted. Where did you hear DC saying that selling the ground would mean investing millions to upgrade it now. I'll give you a clue...he didn't. But don't worry I'm sure we'll lose a few games soon so you can get back on track

lol 

3 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Just a thought, I wondered if the ground could be sold to a connected party, this would allow say, the Chansiri family to put money into the club without losing ownership of the ground or breaching FFP rules.

The rules are clear they specifically refer to ‘fair market value’ and transactions at arms length.

legally means we cannot over inflate the value of our stadium / training ground / shirt sponsorship etc etc in terms of bringing increased revenue into the club.

arms length means there cannot be any financial connection between the buyer and the seller and no collusion is going on.

even if we’ve found a loop hole, we are currently losing that much cash that 30 mill won’t go that far...

23 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Changed badge

Removed stripes

Sold ground

Dangerous...:ph34r:

Reverted to previous badge

We currently play in stripes

I have seen no evidence from a credible sold to suggest Chansiri is selling the ground

the answer to this is it will either be passed by the FL or refused, if the latter, it would then I expect be challenged. 

but on a more local level, perhaps all those objecting strongly to the matter could either get together and buy the club, or even just the ground, and then they're in total control, and would be posting on behalf of their own financial interest, instead of someone else's whom they are merely a consumer of a product he sells. 

• Haha 1

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

I know you're upset...probably didn't want  johnny foreigner buying our club in the first place but... DC said he wasn't developing the ground until we got into the Prem...he's raising money for a war chest for Bruce to try and get us promoted. Where did you hear DC saying that selling the ground would mean investing millions to upgrade it now. I'll give you a clue...he didn't. But don't worry I'm sure we'll lose a few games soon so you can get back on track

lol 

Talk about making assumptions
I don't give a monkies who owns the club so long as it's being run well
To me and many others it isn't at the moment

And I was referencing those earlier in the thread suggesting someone was buying the stadium and going ahead and making all those things possible now without charging the cost on to us until (if) we were to reach the prem

So jog on

23 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Is this the same professional qualified body he used to advise the club on how to avoid having a transfer embargo last summer?

With regards to the transfer embargo, the club were within the limits and not due to be placed under an embargo but the EFL changed the rules shortly before the accounts were submitted and fell foul of regulations due to the rule change.

I'm not sure how his advisor's could have foreseen such a change.

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Reverted to previous badge

We currently play in stripes

I have seen no evidence from a credible sold to suggest Chansiri is selling the ground

You seem to be missing the simple fact that if he sells the ground , it won't actually leave the Chansiri family.this will just be a different name on the deeds to the ground , and a bit  of nifty money movement and paperwork drawn up to satisfy the EFL.

The stadium don't ever be sold to an outsider.