Ground Sold !

Find it a bit uneasy

Infact I find a lot of this uneasy since Chansiri said he was going to sell up at the forum, took a load of flack on from the fans - and now he still wants to plough more money in and support us?

Im surprised he’s not just started to give up and lose interest 

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Find it a bit uneasy

Infact I find a lot of this uneasy since Chansiri said he was going to sell up at the forum, took a load of flack on from the fans - and now he still wants to plough more money in and support us?

Called emotional response syndrome. DC is an OK bloke learning the Football business. It's difficult for him  because he's an honest bloke yet the business is corrupt ! Simple really.  

• Like 1

This is the end game.

sell the ground in exchange for 3 or 4 twenty something millionaires.

i enjoyed it whilst it lasted.

Guest Grez Bez
Just now, RichieB said:

That's a good question. Hillsborough isn't cheap to run. 

How expensive compared to other grounds?

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Absolutely this.

It never ends well

If this is true , i very much doubt our Ground will leave the ownership of the Chansiri family. Im fairly confident it will be " sold" to a relative of DC ,and after a bit of "money movement " it will end up exactly where it is now , owned by DC , but with documents showing a sale and  £30m or so " income" into the club , thus allowing DC spend his own money  on Bruce`s contract ,and on new players . 

He’s gonna have to have done something

Ive no idea if selling the ground gets round FFP to be honest, don’t think anyone really knows the rules , including the Football League 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He’s gonna have to have done something

Ive no idea if selling the ground gets round FFP to be honest, don’t think anyone really knows the rules , including the Football League 

Maybe he’s just thought fu.ck it! Let’s go for it and do a Wolves. 

Agree though, seems he’s done something or something has changed recently behind the scenes to have Bruce come in... and have funds available. 

39 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Find it a bit uneasy

Me too, I kind of feel like I did when we signed Rhodes. Part of me is like, wow OK but there is a larger more rational part which is like, "this could all go really tats up". 

Positives: frees up short term cash and allows us to a) get Bruce, b) not sell Reach c) offer KW  another contract and get Hector perm plus a couple of additional players in window (LB, RW please) and generally have a bit of a tilt second half of season

Negatives: a) very short term, if we get promo in next 2 seasons then fine if not we have lost our only long term asset other than training ground, b) makes us less attractive to potential buyer as a huge asset has disappeared to pay off debts and free up cash... 

So upshot is if we get promoted this season or next = fine but if not then DC has really cashed in all our chips and bet the house on red... 

• Like 1

Let's be honest, we are like mushrooms at the moment....

I'd say this though -

It seems to me if a club can navigate its way around FFP by selling its ground to a third party (especially a related one) then it's just another failure of the FFP system. There is always a risk in these situations and I don't see how it could be argued that Hillsborough being stripped from the club via a sale is in the long-term interest of the club or its fans.

Surely it's better to let owners inject cash then control and monitor if/when they want to remove it by means of a transfer escrow system or a similar mechanism.

2 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Ow I wouldn’t worry if I was you. Seriously don’t worry 

I'll go with this, too much bacon flying around these days, they really are transfixed with us, when they should be just enjoying the ride they're on at the moment, cos it waint last.