Ground Sold !

15 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

Still am managing them! Been a highly successful season so far

Where did you hear the rumour from? Without revealing persons name anything you can say which may indicate its validity.

I ask because if we appoint Bruce we must have got income money from somewhere. 

1 minute ago, Quist said:

Where did you hear the rumour from? Without revealing persons name anything you can say which may indicate its validity.

That’s the thing, it sort of adds up in the end 

No chance Bruce would come here without the ability to spend 

1 minute ago, Quist said:

Said previously I got it from a bloke who used to sponsor players and have a box so still knows people in the corporate side.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Quist said:

I’m involved in youth football in Sheffield, therefore speak to lots of different people about lots of different things. Chap who tells me things sponsors a player and knows one of the players parents on a personal level. 

Also said Bruce will be announced tomorrow afternoon. Told me that via txt this morning. 

We will see. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

I’m involved in youth football in Sheffield, therefore speak to lots of different people about lots of different things. Chap who tells me things sponsors a player and knows one of the players parents on a personal level. 

Also said Bruce will be announced tomorrow afternoon. Told me that via txt this morning. 

We will see. 

Pm me I’ll tell you informer

5 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Selling grounds can go badly wrong though. Ask Coventry City fans.

Absolutely this.

It never ends well

1 minute ago, B&W Owl said:

Most likely because it’s too tasty to be true.

Tell me about it, unfortunately i'm stuck with the CO-OP brown sauce for health reasons although it's not too bad TBH.

Fatblokes a pig, can't understand how some of our lot can't smell bacon when it's cooking.

3 minutes ago, fatbloke said:

It’s family a bit like DTaxis and Elevate drinks!

What happens if that family member pops his clogs. Ownership of the ground could then be spread across several more family members. One of them might not want it & sell it to a none family member.  It makes it very difficult for DC to sell the club in the future if any prospective new owner has to negotiate with several parties if he wants to own the ground too.

1 hour ago, gillyno9 said:

See what pans out........ no point insulting people for sharing things they have heard. I heard an interesting story on what really happened between jos and Sam Hutchinson....... might share it tomorrow.

What's wrong with today?

7 minutes ago, BIG D said:

It’s not exactly going great if we don’t! 

The accountant in me unfortunately smells selling a major asset to fund day to day trading activities is never a good thing. In fact it is one of the red flags in the auditing world in relation to going concern 

5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Really think there’s something in this.

I posted earlier in the Bruce thread that this is being openly discussed in the Genting Club by people close to the Chairman and now just seen Howsons tweet confirming Bruce to be announced tomorrow.

Stick 25 on 7 pal 

20 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

That we are. But who are you?

I’ve PM’d you but I’m now Wisewood which should tell you