Ground Sold !

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Definitely not but I’d say a certain level of loss can be recouped in a shortish amount of time through player sales and contracts ending etc. The league have set that at £13m. Whether you agree with that figure or not it’s definitely more likely to be sustainable than letting an owner just do whatever they want.   

I don't think there's any flat figure that works for everyone tbh. If the idea is that a certain level of losses can be recouped through sale of assets, then your allowable losses should be based on the value of assets. Debts of £39m might sink half the clubs in the Championship for good, whereas some clubs could just sell 2 or 3 players to cover it.

1 minute ago, southportdc said:

I don't think there's any flat figure that works for everyone tbh. If the idea is that a certain level of losses can be recouped through sale of assets, then your allowable losses should be based on the value of assets. Debts of £39m might sink half the clubs in the Championship for good, whereas some clubs could just sell 2 or 3 players to cover it.

Seems to be working so far though doesn’t it?

17 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Fair point, trust funds held by the FA could get around that maybe?

Alternatively. my original idea to fix the game long term is restricting the number of player registrations can hold at different age groups. That would prevent the likes of Chelsea sending out 40 odd players n loan and asking for £40m for a player that's hardly played a top level game for them

Agree with that. Loaning out 40 players is a joke. Register 25 to 30 players max and thats it. Spread the talent through the leagues.

34 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Alternatively. my original idea to fix the game long term is restricting the number of player registrations can hold at different age groups. That would prevent the likes of Chelsea sending out 40 odd players n loan and asking for £40m for a player that's hardly played a top level game for them

Not sure on how a trust would work but sounds like it could if it provides some assurance.

Maybe the limit on loaning our players will have a similar effect to your second proposal.  

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

As unpalatable as it will be to some, I envisage we will move to a more modern stadium, if and when we get to the top flight. Maybe even a purpose built Sheffield stadium which we may end up sharing with our neighbours

Cleaning bill at their end of ground would be too big a hurdle for any agreement.:stuwinky:

38 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Seems to be working so far though doesn’t it?

16 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I was referring to the fact that no clubs seem to have gone bust/into admin since FFP came in.

Coventry were post-FFP weren't they?

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Trouble is they dont and these rules are in place to safeguard clubs. It was only 7 years ago we were teetering on the brink of administration. 

Were our annual losses then in excess of £13m?

I thought Milan said it was £5m-£10m per year?

So sustainable to the Football league. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

As unpalatable as it will be to some, I envisage we will move to a more modern stadium, if and when we get to the top flight. Maybe even a purpose built Sheffield stadium which we may end up sharing with our neighbours

I'd rather share underwear with my mother. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Coventry were post-FFP weren't they?

I don’t know. I thought their problems started 10 years ago when SISU bought them. Still, it’s a far cry from when a different club was going into admin every month.

49 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Have to agree with this Hector cost 5m yet has never played a first team game for Chelsea. Clubs should be restricted too how many players they can have on the books. The system is totally set up for the biggest and richest clubs even the likes of Arsenal cant really compete.

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

I presume you mean Thai Union Group. If they fancy a shareholder rebellion at the next AGM, T.U.G. will enter into such an agreement. Though I am fairly extremely confident that won't be happening.

The agm of one shareholder that should be interesting 

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Do you think that Thai Union Group PLC (PCL in Thailand) has one shareholder? :blink:

No but the owners of TUG could open another company to purchase the ground and invest in the club