Ground Sold !

Just now, dnhc said:

you're posting here largely with people who's understanding of finance is likely at best mortgage payments, car payments, and how much can we afford for a holiday this year?

this bloke is likely to have spent more over the Christmas period than most on here did on their last car.

He’ll have spent more on SWFC over Christmas than most will on property...

6 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

To learn for the future

It’s a completely daft idea but obv you just want to see us spend money on players in the hope it works and we get to the prem

erm! it appears to me that's being going on in this division for quite some time now, how do you see it?

Yes it’s his cash to a certain extent, but if he gambles and loses he’s £100 million out of pocket he flys back to Thailand and washes his hands of us.

Our losses this season will be circa £10 million, knock that of the reported sale fee and it gives us cash for a couple of decent players....is it really worth the risk, would we become auto candidates, I don’t think so.

His money, his gamble but I don’t like the prospect of renting Hillsborough to a third party who’s interest will only be a return on their investment.

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Would this mean we weren’t liable for the huge running costs?

You really think someones going to buy it and then not recoup the huge running costs somehow from us through rent of the stadium etc?

It'll still be a cost on our books but with no asset value

9 minutes ago, dnhc said:

I think dc's knowledge of football as we all know wasn't a deep as it could have been.

I have always been careful to say the next part thus 'I believe he may have received some less than beneficial advice'

in relation to 'financial advice' the matter will be provided by a professional qualified body, who will have looked into the competition rules, and avoided them where necessary. 

Is this the same professional qualified body he used to advise the club on how to avoid having a transfer embargo last summer?

Guest Grez Bez
1 minute ago, dnhc said:

so gerinako, you don't think clubs have been spending money on players to help gain promotion? so why have they spent it?

I think you've missed the point. He never said that.

1 minute ago, Gerinako said:

You really think someones going to buy it and then not recoup the huge running costs somehow from us through rent of the stadium etc?

It'll still be a cost on our books but with no asset value

I don’t know, that’s why I asked.

If we sold it for 30m and paid 250k a year rent with an agreement to re-purchase on promotion & first refusal would it be so bad?

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Is this the same professional qualified body he used to advise the club on how to avoid having a transfer embargo last summer?

he may have used a 'professional body' for that, he may not have, I would imagine he did seek 'knowledgeable advice' on the matter, and it did remove or sidestep the threat at that time.

13 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Assuming it is true

But that's the bit I'm struggling with. It seems like the sort of thing that would get made up by someone who equates FFP unsustainability with actual financial unsustainability. 

i.e. selling the ground would help if you needed money to run the club because it provides cash; selling the ground wouldn't necessarily help if it was just done to evade FFP because the Football League get to decide what counts for that. And it would seem weird if they're hot on selling stadium naming rights at bogus prices, but you can just randomly name a figure for the stadium itself and that's fine. And if that's correct, why £30m? Sell it for eleventy billion and we'll be fine for ages.

It may be like you said that they've found a loophole though, in which case I imagine every club is going to find their owner has some rich family quite soon.

ETA - Or he hasn't got the cash and it's not an FFP sale but a panic sale. That's always possible. 

Edited by southportdc

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

I don’t know, that’s why I asked.

If we sold it for 30m and paid 250k a year rent with an agreement to re-purchase on promotion & first refusal would it be so bad?

No if it worked
My big concern is if it doesn't work (which is highly likely)
As we've seen countless times clubs gamble on getting to the Prem and failing

Interestingly did Mr Chansiri say the club was for sale at £200 million. 

Very cunning. As he now as a value for the stadium based on the value of the entire club

Not saying it’s a correct valuation. But it’s one he can point too going forwards

what I am fascinated to know is if the ground is sold to a family member. Would this also take away the everyday running costs of the stadium to the club ?

because if it does. It’s a win win. 

It's been stated many times Hillsborough costs a fourtune to maintain and just removing those expenses alone would help us tremendously.

Mr Chansiri as said many times trust him. 

This is whet we we need to do. 

I think all this is part of a much bigger plan. One that wasn’t surposed to happen until we hit the PL. but I think FFP has made him play is hand early. 

Lets do this 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Find it a bit uneasy

Infact I find a lot of this uneasy since Chansiri said he was going to sell up at the forum, took a load of flack on from the fans - and now he still wants to plough more money in and support us?

Im surprised he’s not just started to give up and lose interest 

isn't it strange that just before the forum certain posters on here were frothing at the mouth demanding that DC leaves. Now with Bruce appointed, on an unbeaten run against some of the teams in the top 7 the same people pile into news that the Chairman is raising funds to help our new manager...I wonder why that is ?  

lol 

16 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

To learn for the future

It’s a completely daft idea but obv you just want to see us spend money on players in the hope it works and we get to the prem

9 minutes ago, dnhc said:

erm! it appears to me that's being going on in this division for quite some time now, how do you see it?

4 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

I think you've missed the point. He never said that.

really?

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

isn't it strange that just before the forum certain posters on here were frothing at the mouth demanding that DC leaves. Now with Bruce appointed, on an unbeaten run against some of the teams in the top 7 the same people pile into news that the Chairman is raising funds to help our new manager...I wonder why that is ?  

lol 

Because we have found some of his financial judgements in the past to be less then sound?