Ground Sold !

I’m quite sure DC will have spoken to the EFL before going ahead with this. As for building a new ground, which many on here have wanted. What if he sells Hillsboro to a third party, then spends his own money building a new stadium, and then moves the club there at a peppercorn rent? Anyone know how that would fit with ffp? 

4 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

How is it further developing SWFC if in 5 years time
We end up with 0 physical assets on the books due to a sold stadium
And a squad struggling to stay in the Championship

Developing is adding sustainable value and growth potential to the club
Not potentially splunking 30mil up the wall for nothing

Ahh right, I'd forgot we'd spent the £30m already. Which has-beens did we buy?

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

hillsborough has no value because the land has no other use, and no one has the need of a (nigh on) 40,000 seater (elderly) stadium every week.

It has huge value to SWFC as the only viable location to fulfil home fixtures.

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Ahh right, I'd forgot we'd spent the £30m already. Which has-beens did we buy?

What have we spent in the last 3 years

and what position do we find ourselves in now

Edited by Gerinako

1 minute ago, Gerinako said:

By selling an asset of the club?

What are we selling next to sustain it?

But we're not selling the ground to sustain losses, if we sell it then it's to add further investment into the playing side. Very clever if you ask me and if in 10 years time we're an established PL side because of it you will agree

Just now, ZicoSterland2 said:

Not according to the rules of FFP. 

The rules don't dictate if an owner is capable of sustaining. The solution to all of this FFP or P&S is to permit losses of £2m per season, anything beyond that has to be written off by the owners

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think its a generally held opinion by most people that Chansiri has been badly advised on player recruitment.

What makes you feel so confident he has not been badly advised over the sale of the ground? (Assuming this is happening of course and not just a rumour)

I think dc's knowledge of football as we all know wasn't a deep as it could have been.

I have always been careful to say the next part thus 'I believe he may have received some less than beneficial advice'

in relation to 'financial advice' the matter will be provided by a professional qualified body, who will have looked into the competition rules, and avoided them where necessary. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerinako said:

What have we spent in the last 3 years

and what position do we find ourselves in now

Always looking back

1 minute ago, southportdc said:

I find it difficult to believe that there's a loophole in FFP that means you can sell random assets at whatever price you fancy to a family member, then use it to offset all losses.

But then, it is the Football League.

Assuming it is true, I would think Meire and lawyers are on the ball and would get through FFP or why would they sell?

That bit is not the main concern. The actual selling bit is

3 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

But we're not selling the ground to sustain losses, if we sell it then it's to add further investment into the playing side. Very clever if you ask me and if in 10 years time we're an established PL side because of it you will agree

The rules don't dictate if an owner is capable of sustaining. The solution to all of this FFP or P&S is to permit losses of £2m per season, anything beyond that has to be written off by the owners

The rules are there to stop clubs going to the wall. Not for owners to manipulate and accrue more debt.

All IF'S and BUT'S,seriously let the bloke get us too rhe Prem if he can or have a good go at it again,why you all moaning,you moan if he puts money in,you moan if he buys players and has a go,unbelievable some of our fans some right know  all wingers tea ladies...Get a grip.....He said he would not leave us in a WORSE state thaen when he bought us..So let him get on with it WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING...Back him or shut the foo ooo k up.Best Chairmen we've had,all be it a bit green but he'll get us there....UTO   FTFB

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Except he is sustaining them isn't he

you're posting here largely with people who's understanding of finance is likely at best mortgage payments, car payments, and how much can we afford for a holiday this year?

this bloke is likely to have spent more over the Christmas period than most on here did on their last car.