Ground Sold !

32 minutes ago, dnhc said:

of course it will, and paperwork to show differently when the league sticks it's limited nose in.

Exactly mate.DC will have found a loophole in FFP , and is using it . The ground isn't being sold at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dnhc said:

DANGER FLOODPLAIN

How often has it flooded?

The new owners will have to pay a 'fair price'....would the FFP people say, fair market price is £5M, cos its a floodplain and not worth anymore. I doubt it.

Mortgages are still available for houses built next to the ground.

5 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Maybe to the company T.U.F

Depends how much scrutiny the EFL have but I'm fairly sure they'd see through that. TUF is widely known to be part of the Chansiri family and if you recall when DC took over the TUF logo was all over the boards at the press conference.

Of course this could all go fine, but trying to mess around with FFP in this way could end acrimoniously, especially if the EFL turn around and say it wasn't a valid deal.

Just now, ZicoSterland2 said:

Sensible in your eyes not mine. No other chairman has ever felt the need to sell the ground and no other chairman has got us into such a large amount of debt. I think the jury is very much out on DCs financial running of this club. I do not doubt his passion or his commitment just his lack of understanding of the financial side of running a football club. These kind of debts are not sustainable. Where do we go next if after selling the ground we still dont achieve promotion.

it's his money, NOT YOURS as he pointed out at the recent forum, your money does not run the club.

fee's, wages and overheads are so staggering that unless a club the size and stature of ours is not injecting capital for a promotion push, is must stagnate (using the proven dingle and toytown method of jumping up and down on a trapdoor until the inevitable happens) and we then accept that wednesday are still a yoyo club, but now between L1 and 2.

my guess would be he has far more 'understanding of the financial side of running a football club' than you, and a greater knowledge of finance in this world too.

• Like 1

I just don’t see how this gets past the EFL.

Arms length means no collusion between the buyer and the seller. Anything remotely linking DC and a prospective buyer will be deemed as collusion.

There are plenty of mega rich owners in this league, if is was acceptable way of pumping 20-30 million into a club they’d all be at it.

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

How often has it flooded?

The new owners will have to pay a 'fair price'....would the FFP people say, fair market price is £5M, cos its a floodplain and not worth anymore. I doubt it.

Mortgages are still available for houses built next to the ground.

IF it's only flooded once, it's ONCE TOO MANY..

50 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Look at the Coventry City scenarios.Coventry were left playing in Northampton 30 miles away. They rented from a landlord who had them evicted from what was there home ground. Once you lose control of your stadium you are not in control of your club. Worst case scenarios I know but is a possibility and too big a risk in my opinion.

Coventry is nothing like this, they never actually owned their ground. They rented it from the council who in turn sold it to owners who had no interest in the football club,  shame on them.

SUFC is more like this scenario, the only difference is McCabe used it to protect his investment by transferring it to another company of his. No funds from the sale went in to the club, if he ever loses control of SUFC he has ensured he will continue to have a revenue stream from the club and therefore over time will get some of his invested funds back. Basically he's protecting his own interests and DC is using it to further develop SWFC

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

you think there isn't ways around ffp?

next you'll think everybody pays tax.

That makes zero sense in context of what we're discussing

3 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

further develop SWFC

How is it further developing SWFC if in 5 years time
We end up with 0 physical assets on the books due to a sold stadium
And a squad struggling to stay in the Championship

Developing is adding sustainable value and growth potential to the club
Not potentially splunking 30mil up the wall for nothing

Edited by Gerinako

1 minute ago, Box_Man said:

I just don’t see how this gets past the EFL.

Arms length means no collusion between the buyer and the seller. Anything remotely linking DC and a prospective buyer will be deemed as collusion.

There are plenty of mega rich owners in this league, if is was acceptable way of pumping 20-30 million into a club they’d all be at it.

how the hell are the league going to prove IF dc knows, and to what depth he knows the buyer, they're not hiring the CIA and Mossad.

Just now, Gerinako said:

That makes zero sense in context of what we're discussing

How is it further developing SWFC if in 5 years time
We end up with 0 physical assets on the books due to a sold promotion
And a squad struggling to stay in the Championship

Developing is adding sustainable value and growth potential to the club
Not potentially splunking 30mil up the wall for nothing

it's HIS money, NOT yours.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dnhc said:

it's his money, NOT YOURS as he pointed out at the recent forum, your money does not run the club.

fee's, wages and overheads are so staggering that unless a club the size and stature of ours is not injecting capital for a promotion push, is must stagnate (using the proven dingle and toytown method of jumping up and down on a trapdoor until the inevitable happens) and we then accept that wednesday are still a yoyo club, but now between L1 and 2.

my guess would be he has far more 'understanding of the financial side of running a football club' than you, and a greater knowledge of finance in this world too.

You didnt answer the next part do you think these debts are sustainable and if we failed to get promotion what would the next step be ??

48 minutes ago, dnhc said:

this ins NOT a Coventry city issue, DC has funds but is not allowed to attempt to level the playing field between us and the  'parachute payment' boys because ffp rules are there to protect them further whilst attempting to re-buy there premier league status. 

he will sell to a 'trusted' friend' will stipulations in the contract not allowing the re-sale.

even if he was slack enough not to, what do you see Hillsborough being used for, building land? a fishing pond? or boating lake?

it's a way of injecting capital into the 'project' for one last blast from him. should he then decide to sell the club, it would be wise of the buyer to secure the ground in the sale, BUT not essential, as dc wouldn't be able to raise the rent too far before the club jumped ship leaving him with an 'elderly' stadium (terms used by plenty on here) built on what now appears to be damaged ground. 

stop looking at this from a working class persons perspective with a mortgage, if you haven't got the understanding of finance at this level it's best left to those itk, he'll have had this looked into by people whose world IS finance, and it will be watertight.

Think its a generally held opinion by most people that Chansiri has been badly advised on player recruitment.

What makes you feel so confident he has not been badly advised over the sale of the ground? (Assuming this is happening of course and not just a rumour)