£20 just the ticket

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Plus there’s the other spin offs- eg when I tried to buy a Birmingham programme I was told they had all been sold. 

I tried to buy a pie or any type of hot pastry product and all were sold BEFORE KICKOFF!!!

Cheap tickets = Hungry truefans.

51 minutes ago, flo said:

Also if tickets were left at £20 all the time rather than a one off would people continue to go to every game. 

No they wouldn’t because anyone who goes to every game already has a season ticket (or should have if they have any sense). What a lot of people seem to forget when debating this issue is that Wednesday has always had a huge fan base that attends matches occasionally, some more than others. There isn’t a single  or simple reason why they only attend occasionally and many will never be season ticket holders no matter what division we play in or how good the football is. It’s just how people are.   The trick the club has to pull off is how to encourage their attendance  more often without deterring season ticket sales. 

1 hour ago, oldowl67 said:

No they wouldn’t because anyone who goes to every game already has a season ticket (or should have if they have any sense). What a lot of people seem to forget when debating this issue is that Wednesday has always had a huge fan base that attends matches occasionally, some more than others. There isn’t a single  or simple reason why they only attend occasionally and many will never be season ticket holders no matter what division we play in or how good the football is. It’s just how people are.   The trick the club has to pull off is how to encourage their attendance  more often without deterring season ticket sales. 

There are plenty of reasons to be a sth other than ticket prices. 

You are guaranteed your seat, you get to sit with your mates, first priority for other tickets. etc

Perhaps the club should think of other incentives for sth's, an obvious one to me is a discount on food and drink. 

The bottom line is that imo we need to forget about this obsession about keeping St's cheaper than payg.

The normal payg prices have simply got to come down. 

I'm no expert , but I simply boil it down to...

If you have 10 empty seats....and 20 full ones that have already been paid for...If you sell those 10 empty seats...even for less than the full ones that have been paid for...You make more money than you would have done if you had left them empty.

Now I know this seems a contrarian opinion to all the professors of Economics we have on here...I thought the NASDEQ was a Dr Who monster...but I think me simple equation holds water,,,,

On 01/01/2019 at 20:29, East coast owl said:

Well we got a lot more through the door today than usual. And beat most people’s attendance predictions. Plus on the red button. That’s a decent turn out. It’s got to have sent out a message to the chairman.. reduce POTG. There has to be a compromise. A fuller hillsborough means more people spending money.. hope there are a few more reduced priced games to come.. 

I wouldn't be very happy, having paid near 600 for a season ticket. 

If im honest i still feel 30 quid is a more realistic option price wise. With perhaps the odd 20 quid game.

Add to that a 10-15 quid spend roughly, in the ground. By the time youve pehaps had a drink and programme etc. 

Edited by Maddogbob

25 minutes ago, zakswfc said:

I wouldn't be very happy, having paid near 600 for a season ticket. 

Thats a fair enough comment, I see you got negged for it...and thats hardly fair cos you have anted up.

I would honestly say to you though....

Look at the empty seats around you...ask yerself "What on earth is the point of them?

I have had a season ticket since you had to tear the sodding things out wiv yer teeth, if it was raining you tore 4 out at once and missed 3 games...

It was like carrying a bleedin' duvet around in your pocket

The club is at a crossroads...I respect the fact you paid up front, and I would in all honesty ask...

"What advantage could you...simply by yourself..DO..to help the team?"

I presume you are a season ticket holder and not a f.ookin' right back..So what you can do is get the place full again, leave aside the moral high ground, and just do whats best for the club...just for half a bloody season...Fill the sodding seats and make it intimidating

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats a fair enough comment, I see you got negged for it...and thats hardly fair cos you have anted up.

I would honestly say to you though....

Look at the empty seats around you...ask yerself "What on earth is the point of them?

I have had a season ticket since you had to tear the sodding things out wiv yer teeth, if it was raining you tore 4 out at once and missed 3 games...

It was like carrying a bleedin' duvet around in your pocket

The club is at a crossroads...I respect the fact you paid up front, and I would in all honesty ask...

"What advantage could you...simply by yourself..DO..to help the team?"

I presume you are a season ticket holder and not a f.ookin' right back..So what you can do is get the place full again, leave aside the moral high ground, and just do whats best for the club...just for half a bloody season...Fill the sodding seats and make it intimidating

Mate, my name alone gets me negative rep nowadays lol.

All I can do is pay my way, turn up and cheer them on, which I have done for near 2 decades and will continue to do so regardless. 

And I agree, a half full stadium is frustrating considering where the numbers have been, even in recent years. 

My point is that the chairman must do this the correct way - Slash the extortionate prices throughout, but at the start of a term.

On 04/01/2019 at 13:40, MrSoul said:

Thanks for your points.

Firstly, as I’ve pointed out previously I do feel for st holders if the £20 (or reduced) tickets is to continue.. however the harsh reality is Hillsborough is a far more  functional, motivational stadium when full. In this moment we still have an excellent squad that the majority of fans recognise as such .. it’s just lacked a leader for 2 years. So now we have a leader and momentum and motivated squad, why would people decline watching for £20? 

History says they do. We only get consistently good crowds when are we doing well. £20 a ticket for an inconsistent mid-table team won't bring in a huge crowd on an average Saturday (and not a public holiday when almost every shop other than the pubs are closed)

Be interesting having a survey about what the actual Reason is for fans buying season tickets...

I should imagine the majority go on price, but funnily enough that was not the initial reason I always got one for..although it does come into the equation these days.

I did it initially for preference in away tickets, cup games etc, then when it went all seating on the Kop, it was getting tickets together with family and friends...

I would honestly still buy a season ticket for these reasons if the financial reward was minimal, even probably the same, as POTG