£20 just the ticket

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

It's a bank holiday and we only got about 5k more than usual.  I'm guessing we haven't made much more (if any) than on any average game this year.

It's a myth that cheaper tickets means more money to the club with higher attendances and it's been debunked a number of times in the past.  Unless fans are going to show up in their numbers every week at £20 a ticket it's folly.  

I can assure you it’s no myth that I would’nt have been there today with my two kids if it had been normal prices. As I said in an earlier post I believe £20 is probably too low for a non concession adult in the North and South stands and would probably be inclined to go more often if it was around £30. Children and young adult prices would have to remain sensible though.

Just now, Sova said:

But that's the point, isn't it? Let's say we got 15K walk-ups today at £20 a ticket - that's £300K. 10K walk-ups at £35 quid a ticket would have been £350K. Having said that, I agree that it's not just about the numbers (plus, of course, there are various factors we don't know, so we can't really judge).

The point is it's chicken and egg. The interaction between price and quantity of tickets sold is a complex thing. Indeed possibly a circular function at times. How well we are doing on the pitch however the key one.

It's been a long discussed topic on here but you are right that in certain scenarios more money could be made with fewer walk ups, but it's 50k. Take off the VAT 1/6th, EFL levies it is not very much really. Possibly one or two players weekly wage for erm a week

So that is the argument given the marginal impact in the grand scheme of things that DC almost said was the case at the fans forum, then I prefer the filling the ground approach if possible. How many kids got their first taste of a game today. Brilliant if they did

18 minutes ago, mkowl said:

So that is the argument given the marginal impact in the grand scheme of things that DC almost said was the case at the fans forum, then I prefer the filling the ground approach if possible. How many kids got their first taste of a game today. Brilliant if they did

I was in a block of the South Stand near the Kop that I would guess is usually sparsely populated at normal POTG prices. Today it was packed and there were plenty of families with kids of all ages including very young toddlers. I assume many of them are not regular attendees like me. 

• Like 1

Was absolutely rammed today. Bear in mind that U-11 kids were only £5 today. But, thats a good thing - my lad had a great time today (aside from people's inability to stay sat down every time we crossed the half way point making him unable to see) and games like this are only going to get him more involved in the club in the future.

Given DC has already stated that ticket sales dont really contribute greatly to the club's financial situation its a very welcome thing to get more people to the games on occasions like today.

Well done SWFC, great call.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Surrounded by part-timers and one of them asked me what time Federer was on and where he could buy strawberries.

Rather have 14000 truefans.

Did you tell him Federer isn't good enough and only 3rd choice?

3 hours ago, oldowl67 said:

I was in a block of the South Stand near the Kop that I would guess is usually sparsely populated at normal POTG prices. Today it was packed and there were plenty of families with kids of all ages including very young toddlers. I assume many of them are not regular attendees like me. 

I was in this section too and it waa fuckingfreezingly lovely.

More people through the door is a smarter move , it’s really isn’t rocket science . 4 years in , like with other things , hopefully the penny has dropped. 

I really enjoyed the game, although god knows why anybody would regularly watch in the south stand , I honestly thought those around me were dead until they all started getting up around 80 mins to ‘beat the ques’ 

lets have have a few more smarter priced games from now on. 

• Like 1

Well done Wednesday, we have empty seats let's try and fill them. 

Keep the prices low, do promotions, special deals, whatever it takes. 

More fans, equals

Better atmosphere. 

Better day out. 

More Support for the team. 

And more importantly 

More young un's whose long term future will be Sheffield Royal Blue rather than scummy red. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

It's a bank holiday and we only got about 5k more than usual.  I'm guessing we haven't made much more (if any) than on any average game this year.

It's a myth that cheaper tickets means more money to the club with higher attendances and it's been debunked a number of times in the past.  Unless fans are going to show up in their numbers every week at £20 a ticket it's folly.  

£20 a ticket and an additional 5000 attending is an extra £100k which buys a week’s wages for Dave Jones or one own goal.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Only way to something positive and not upset season ticket holders is make kids tickets a couple of quid 

I can assure you you can folk in for a tenner now til the end of the season and not upset me

im very philanthropic when it comes to Wednesday fans filling the stadium to support Wednesday

• Like 2

Yesterday shows that one off cheap deals on a  bank holiday where folks traditionally go to the match work. There is a tipping point, sweet spot type thing with prices where its cheap enough to entice people and expensive enough to be profitable. Finding that point is tricky cos it's ever changing. If we were top of the league and flying we would get yesterday's crowd regularly even at current prices. As we are the 20 quid was OK due to a change in manager and a few decent results. If jos had still been here and we'd lost the last 3 we'd have struggled to hit yesterday's figure. 

For me he needs to drop season ticket prices hugely. Make season tickets the way to buy, not because they're cheap compared to the eye watering potd prices, but cos they're cheap full stop. Drop potd too so it's a bit more enticing and you have more fans in per game. In house catering, pop up concession stands etc to take money from people in the ground. 

We've been told that we don't cover any costs anyway so why not go down the above route? It's like the bulls and cows story thing but with fans and footy. 

• Like 1