Steve Bruce to be confirmed in next 24 hours

Bruce is a football man through and through, he knows the game and how clubs work and he's had to deal with some issues before at clubs, even recently at Villa with the mental owner. Knowing the game and especially this division should help the club out too, we should start to make progress off the field now as well.

This is a sign DC is learning and wanting what we all want, if he's chucking a £2m salary at Bruce i can't see him doing so without the intention of us getting promoted in the next season or 2. 

Nearly 30k there today, who wouldn't want to manage us, we're MASSIVE!

2 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Bruce is a football man through and through, he knows the game and how clubs work and he's had to deal with some issues before at clubs, even recently at Villa with the mental owner. Knowing the game and especially this division should help the club out too, we should start to make progress off the field now as well.

This is a sign DC is learning and wanting what we all want, if he's chucking a £2m salary at Bruce i can't see him doing so without the intention of us getting promoted in the next season or 2. 

Nearly 30k there today, who wouldn't want to manage us, we're MASSIVE!

Exactly. People can slag off Bruce as much as they want, but his last two jobs in the Championship - one lead to promotion via the playoffs and the other to the playoff final. I think we'd all take Wembley 2020 right now, as far away as that sounds.