7 minutes ago, ipswichowl said:

Ha ha. Or people always look for someone else to blame. Perhaps they have issues?

We have had some shocking referees just as every other team in the league has. Their fans moan about refs too. That's football.

People have to be a certain sort to want to be a ref. They choose to do it and never have to explain their decisions. Fans have every right to criticise when referees can effect games.

That said I don't think anyone has blamed the ref in this thread for the result, just pointed out his ineptness.

I for one cannot understand why every ref gives nothing to Nuhiu when he is constantly fouled. Referees seem to think that because he is big players can do what they want to him. Used to be the same with Peter crouch when he played for England.

Edited by Carl Shutt is God

3 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

We have had some shocking referees just as every other team in the league has. Their fans moan about refs too. That's football.

People have to be a certain sort to want to be a ref. They choose to do it and never have to explain their decisions. Fans have every right to criticise when referees can effect games.

That said I don't think anyone has blamed the ref in this thread for the result, just pointed out his ineptness.

I for one cannot understand why every ref gives nothing to Nuhiu when he is constantly fouled. Referees seem to think that because he is big players can do what they want to him. Used to be the same with Peter crouch when he played for England.

I agree about the Nuhiu thing. If ever there's a game and there's a striker above 6ft3 you can see the refs going blow up for it before it evens gets competed for. It's like a lot of times when keepers are protected. 

Same thing happens a lot again at crouch. I know his arms are a bit like an octopus at times but the decisions should be made on each instance, not what has gone on before.

The reason for my post was that you can always guarantee a thread about refs will pop up when the result goes against us.

Certainly does take a certain type of person....like goalkeepers.

1 hour ago, Greengrass said:

Hmmmm....when their player caught the ball in the first half (thinking it had gone out), surely that's a yellow card ?

I remember seeing Nuhiu get a yellow card for catching the ball because a player was down injured. He got a yellow, whereas Di Canio got a sainthood.

Ironically that was at Birmingham, and they didn't even give us the ball back from the free kick. 

6 minutes ago, ipswichowl said:

I agree about the Nuhiu thing. If ever there's a game and there's a striker above 6ft3 you can see the refs going blow up for it before it evens gets competed for. It's like a lot of times when keepers are protected. 

Same thing happens a lot again at crouch. I know his arms are a bit like an octopus at times but the decisions should be made on each instance, not what has gone on before.

The reason for my post was that you can always guarantee a thread about refs will pop up when the result goes against us.

Certainly does take a certain type of person....like goalkeepers.

Your not wrong there is always a thread lol

Birmingham fans unhappy with him first half, Wednesday fans unhappy with him 2nd half. There was a fairly drawn out spell where he seemed to flip a coin inside his head as to who to give the foul to. 4/10, inconsistent, fairly poor, but that's about it.

Said to my daughter he'll get booed off at full time. She asked me if she could boo him, she's still figuring stuff like that out, and we're fairly polite - aye knock yourself out, he has been pretty rubbish. 

I genuinely didn’t think the ref had that bad a game until the Megan Fox booking. The booking appeared to be a clear five from where I was stood. 

Then there was the supposed foul that Barry Bannan conceded despite being tugged all over by two opposing players. 

Before this I don’t think the ref played much of a part in the game at all, but these two decissions particularly made it difficult to review his performance positively. 

2 hours ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

I bet he was given a Birmingham shirt at half time. 

More like monk moaned to him about our goal coming after their player had caught the ball thinking it was out.He mentioned it in and interview after the match.Refs try and even things up.I said to my daughter he had been quite fair in the 1st half even though all 3 officials seemed to miss constant arms in the back of fletchers neck.2 nd half normal service was resume we couldn't breathe on them without them falling over

15 hours ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Absolutely this. annoys the flip out of me. Never understand how I've never heard our manager(s) openly complain about it. If it was me I'd be very vocal about the issue pre-game in the hope that the ref views such incidents a little more fairly. Grrrrrrrrrr!