Jump to content


ANDY

An Evening with - Paolo DiCanio

Recommended Posts

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Err, he was banned and his own employers gave him no support whatsoever as they wanted rid of the 'Fancy Dans'!

Errr he refused to come back and keep himself fit citing a doctor as proof that he couldn't fly yet gave an extended interview to the Beeb whilst driving around Rome on a feeerrrkin Vespa

 

And remind me again who was it who pushed the Ref over ?

 

Was it Dave Richards , Danny Willson ?

 

One of the best players i've seen in a Wednesday Shirt but also one of the biggest sheeites

  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Yes, he said it about some of the parts of Rome as well, I doubt many Romans hold it against him to this day.

Fair enough he didn't need to say it but it's not as if it wasn't true of certain parts.

Oh so Rome is a shithole too then ? 

My point was, there is just no need to say it because every city has good and bad areas...and as a person who was on a decent wage and was always in the Ecclesall area I bet he hardly saw Page Hall or the Bramall Lane areas of Sheffield...just a thick thing to say really .

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, squonk said:

Errr he refused to come back and keep himself fit citing a doctor as proof that he couldn't fly yet gave an extended interview to the Beeb whilst driving around Rome on a feeerrrkin Vespa

 

And remind me again who was it who pushed the Ref over ?

 

Was it Dave Richards , Danny Willson ?

 

One of the best players i've seen in a Wednesday Shirt but also one of the biggest sheeites

 

Cantona attacked a fan, his club supported him. 

Wednesday couldn't wait to get rid of Di Canio and Carbone under Wilson. At least that worked out well for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Probably go AWOL 

Will probably not show up and send Danny Wilson as his stand in .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Oh so Rome is a shithole too then ? 

My point was, there is just no need to say it because every city has good and bad areas...and as a person who was on a decent wage and was always in the Ecclesall area I bet he hardly saw Page Hall or the Bramall Lane areas of Sheffield...just a thick thing to say really .

 

 

What exactly was it that he said?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TaxiMark said:

Will probably not show up and send Danny Wilson as his stand in .

 

That will be as entertaining as it was to watch him dismantle us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Cantona attacked a fan, his club supported him. 

Wednesday couldn't wait to get rid of Di Canio and Carbone under Wilson. At least that worked out well for us.

What has Cantona got to do with anything ? im sick of this diversionary tactic being used to excuse DiCanio 

He brought everything onto himself with his own actions and then acted totally unprofessionally 

There was an FA spokesman who made a statement at the time that said had the club not punished DiCanio then his ban would probably have been much longer 

DiCanio wasn't a child he wasn't a young pro even, yet the Club who he hurt with his actions were supposed to mollycoddle the arsehole 

Edited by squonk
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

What exactly was it that he said?

Are you going to the city hall? if so ask him lol

Was in his book but cant remember which one it was now but he slated the lovely city of Sheffield off and ive had sleepless nights ever since!

All lies you see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All about ifs and buts, but I reckon DiCanio would have become a Wednesday great had Ron Atkinson remained our permanent manager instead of giving the role to Danny Wilson.  DiCanio was obviously a flawed genius, but for me he was the most technically gifted player I’ve seen in a Wednesday shirt.  His first touch and composure on the ball was for me, pure joy.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Sold us down the river . Great player but will never be a player I look back on and say he was Wednesday through and through. Think Paulo looked after Paulo. 

Thats modern day football, sadly. 

 

Be was an outstanding player, may have been a total cocktip though. 

 

But as has always been said, Cantona was a helmet, but Fergie stood by him and reaped the dividends. 

 

Coincidentally, wasnt Fergie chasing DiCanio like a dog on heat when he was at Wet Spam.? 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, squonk said:

What has Cantona got to do with anything ? im sick of this diversionary tactic being used to excuse DiCanio 

He brought everything onto himself with his own actions and then acted totally unprofessionally 

There was an FA spokesman who made a statement at the time that said had the club not punished DiCanio then his ban would probably have been much longer 

DiCanio wasn't a child he wasn't a young pro even, yet the Club who he hurt with his actions were supposed to mollycoddle the arsehole 

 

The club banned him on the TV interview straight after the match, thoroughly professional way of supporting your player. At least Sir Dave went on to bigger and better things as a result though eh.

 

Of course he deserved punishment but we wanted him gone and the next summer we saw Carbone off as well. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Are you going to the city hall? if so ask him lol

Was in his book but cant remember which one it was now but he slated the lovely city of Sheffield off and ive had sleepless nights ever since!

All lies you see.

 

 

No, I won't be paying £28 to listen to him talk. Glad I was able to pay to watch him play though.

 

Not sure why you mention lies, I've never denied it as I know he slagged Sheffield off, just trying to put it into context. I've got the book, will dig it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, we didn't handle him well after the ref pushing thing...but that shouldn't take away from the fact that the bloke is a monumental bellend. 

  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

Thats modern day football, sadly. 

 

Be was an outstanding player, may have been a total cocktip though. 

 

But as has always been said, Cantona was a helmet, but Fergie stood by him and reaped the dividends. 

 

Coincidentally, wasnt Fergie chasing DiCanio like a dog on heat when he was at Wet Spam.? 

Top badge kisser though I seem to recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can go to local Wetherspoons and listen some lunatic rant on for a few hour without paying for privilege to listen to him at city hall 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

No, I won't be paying £28 to listen to him talk. Glad I was able to pay to watch him play though.

 

Not sure why you mention lies, I've never denied it as I know he slagged Sheffield off, just trying to put it into context. I've got the book, will dig it out.

No pal youve mis understood me here i mentioned lies in an ironic way to di canio saying sheffield was a dump ...part of it obviously can be true but like i said you could say it about any city.

Its been ages since I read it but Im sure he mentions about it was full of shops borded up or something...maybe PDC lived in Page Hall.

Edited by TaxiMark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

The most technically gifted player I've seen at hillsborough, even more so than Waddle.

 

He was a good player, but nowhere near the same league as Waddle.

  • Agree 1

The owls are not what they seem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neal M said:

 

He was a good player, but nowhere near the same league as Waddle.

Waddle was by far the better player, but DiCanio is was arguably technically the better. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neal M said:

 

He was a good player, but nowhere near the same league as Waddle.

Oh I agree.  Waddle was a stunning team player and great talent. My view is that Di Canio was the most naturally gifted technical player ive seen at swfc but he wasn't a team player. It was all about him.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...